Thinking of getting into drag racing. Questions!

United States
Ohio
okay so with my situation i cannot get online. But i know stage route X in gt5 did a 1/4 and i believe a 1/2 time and if its in gt6 and there's a competitions list of who's fastest that i can just take a picture of my time i would like to know.

few more questions:

1. Is there a "NO NOS LEAGUE" - Im just starting my gt6 career, i barely got enough $$$ as it is and i don't want to put ANOTHER 100g into a car that ill barely use.

2. What are tire requirements - Do you guys do only racing hards or can we go up to softs, ect.

3. HP requirements? Any other requirements

Just curious about some of this. Didn't see any stickied threads so i thought id just post.

Id love to just take a nice car and tune the crap out of it without the use of nos and see how fast i can go while stacking up to drag veterans.

1. All pro's have pretty much banned the use of NOS. Look for rooms with it prohibited, otherwise most noob rooms will have it.

2. Racing softs. Some specific clubs/leagues will note if they require anything other.

3. As much as you can get. Max it out and then some more.

If you plan on doing the Speed Test(If we get it), then all your times must not use Skid Recovery Force(SRF).

1. All pro's have pretty much banned the use of NOS. Look for rooms with it prohibited, otherwise most noob rooms will have it.

2. Racing softs. Some specific clubs/leagues will note if they require anything other.

3. As much as you can get. Max it out and then some more.
exactly what slash said. also, if youre looking for a team, then i recommend you check this out.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drag-racing-free-agents-thread.292062/

a good team will be willing to help you get fast by teaching you, not by just handing you tunes. and they can be extremely helpful, so if youre looking to get competitive and get into the swing of things, this would be the place to go.

I really hope we don't get the speed test. It will ruin the sport of drag racing when everyone runs the exact same tune & setup.

To OP; Usually rooms or tuners will run specific themed drags, like Classic Muscle, New Muscle, Muscle vs Tuner, RWD Supercars, 4WD low & high horsepower, FF Hondas, etc. The rooms will be titled, and if you run a car not categorized as such, they'll usually kick you or tell you to switch. Which is why you need a spectrum of cars tuned for any category you'll want to run in, but most common is muscle drags.

And FYI - anyone who thinks a GT40, Viper or Corvette('90 model & newer) is a muscle car, they're sports cars/supercars and muscle rooms will kick you. Tired of trying to beat a Viper with a Challenger because people don't understand the difference.

I really hope we don't get the speed test. It will ruin the sport of drag racing when everyone runs the exact same tune & setup.

To OP; Usually rooms or tuners will run specific themed drags, like Classic Muscle, New Muscle, Muscle vs Tuner, RWD Supercars, 4WD low & high horsepower, FF Hondas, etc. The rooms will be titled, and if you run a car not categorized as such, they'll usually kick you or tell you to switch. Which is why you need a spectrum of cars tuned for any category you'll want to run in, but most common is muscle drags.

And FYI - anyone who thinks a GT40, Viper or Corvette('90 model & newer) is a muscle car, they're sports cars/supercars and muscle rooms will kick you. Tired of trying to beat a Viper with a Challenger because people don't understand the difference.

In reply to the last paragraph... Thank god somebody gets it, if I had a penny for every time that happened in GT5 I'd be one rich SOB. How many times people complained and called me a P**** because I didn't want to run their '90 ZR-1's in a Camaro, my reply would always be "learn your car classes then run me." So yeah, thank god somebody else gets it, thumbs up to you shake :D

Latest Posts

Back