Thinking of getting MCLA

• Thread starter oohhh yeah
  • 9 comments
oohhh8yeah
Hi guys,

So I have a g27 with modded wheel, shift knob, pedals, and reverse mount. :) I usually play GT6/GT5 but am thinking of trying MCLA as it looks very fun.

1) Does the game support 900 degrees steering?

2) I have a swapped wheel so I don't have the 6 button functionality...would that be an issue in this game?

3) Do you think this is a good time to get it at $19.99? Is it worth getting right now?

4) Is the online good? Is it worth getting...or is the online dead?

Unless you count little kids doing drag races in hacked cars, no the online isn't dead. GET IT.

1) tried with my DFGT, don't think so
2)not sure
3)It's worth getting it anytime! :dopey: I don't think there'll be a sale anytime soon
4)and again, it really depends on you experience. I've only encountered sore losers and modders, but some lobbies are fun to be in.

1. Logitech claims on it's website that MCLA supports 900 degree steering you'll have to investigate for yourself.

2. Not sure either

3. You could probably get the Complete edition used for less than $10 but $20 new or as a digital copy is a good price.

4. Online isn't dead but obviously not as populated as it once was. Online I've had some really fun drag races, a few capture the flag matches. One time people were just cruising around and talking about life and relationships, another time some kids where just riding around and crashing cars for fun and another time I turned the wheel off, grabbed the controller and me and a few kids just kept doing those jumps off of the pier.

Having a racing game that takes you off the track and puts you in the streets and turns the fun factor all the way up is a good distraction from Gran Turismo's grind. Offline The city is much more alive than Test Drive and Most Wanted and the day and night cycles are very realistically depicted, traffic will fluctuate and that has actually affected my decision making when looking to race to make some cash.

It's one of my favorites and I'm honestly sorry to see Rockstar abandon it..

Last edited:
1. Logitech claims on it's website that MCLA supports 900 degree steering you'll have to investigate for yourself.

2. Not sure either

3. You could probably get the Complete edition used for less than $10 but $20 new or as a digital copy is a good price.

4. Online isn't dead but obviously not as populated as it once was. Online I've had some really fun drag races, a few capture the flag matches. One time people were just cruising around and talking about life and relationships, another time some kids where just riding around and crashing cars for fun and another time I turned the wheel off, grabbed the controller and me and a few kids just kept doing those jumps off of the pier.

Having a racing game that takes you off the track and puts you in the streets and turns the fun factor all the way up is a good distraction from Gran Turismo's grind. Offline The city is much more alive than Test Drive and Most Wanted and the day and night cycles are very realistically depicted, traffic will fluctuate and that has actually effected my decision making when looking to race to make some cash.

It's one of my favorites and I'm honestly sorry to see Rockstar abandon it..
Great reply. I have a question, is there a code or something in the Complete editions so if you bought it used it wouldn't really be the Complete Edition just a regular edition?

Great reply. I have a question, is there a code or something in the Complete editions so if you bought it used it wouldn't really be the Complete Edition just a regular edition?

The complete edition has all DLC already on the disc. No vouchers or downloading is needed. So it's ok to get it used if you want to save a few dollars.

SonDigital is right and he speaks to something that I would hope and wish game developers are noticing.
If you go to youtube, you'll find hundreds of videos of people playing MCLA/Forza Horizon/Test Drive/Grand Theft Auto 5 and even Gran Turismo 5/6 online and having "meet ups" or cruise sessions or drag races.

It's fun, it's a sub culture of the sim racing culture that I think developers need to capitalize on.

Well got the game and haven't touched either GT5 or 6. Haven't tried online yet. I have played the two GT titles to insane hours though....

Wish I got it sooner.

You have just reminded me to start playing it again. My internet connection is too weak to play online, but it probably brings the freshest concept to street racing that I have ever seen. Oh, and for a 2008 game, the soundtrack is still pumping!

Latest Posts

Back