Hi, everyone . I am thinking about returning my Dfgt wheel and getting a Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel. The Dfgt wheel is only a week old and returnable . I was going to mod it but after thinking of the work and extra stuff i´d have to buy it might make more sense to go with the Fanatec wheel. Is this a better wheel and better choice . The only thing is that I can only aford the standard porsche peddle set thats $49.95. I can always upgrade later to the more expensive set as well as the shifter that i hopefully don't need right away to play GT5. Please let me know what you think.
I am thinking about returning my Dfgt wheel and getting a Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel. The only thing is that I can only aford the standard porsche peddle set thats $49.95. I can always upgrade later to the more expensive set as well as the shifter
Thanks for the reply. I will get 150 back for the Dfgt and have extra 100 or so. That would give me enough for the Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel and standard peddle set up. How big is the Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel .Is it bigger than the Dfgt which i believe is a 11 round wheel. Everyone keep posting there thoughts. P.s i have to wait until the end of march for my wheelstand so i don't have an issue waiting a few weeks to get it.
The fanatec is a 12" wheel and the body is surprisingly small. Very much quiet and you can play around with settings to make the wheel suited to you. You will also have to consider the CSP's in the future. An awesome set of pedals.
I myself am in the same predicament like you ck. have my dfgt 2 weeks now. still thinking of returning it to get the GT3. if only they offered the Club sports again.. then this would be a no brainer..
Ck, you won't be disappointed with the GT3rs. It's a world of difference from the G25. It's much smoother, doesn't feel "mechanical". Plus the alcantera grip feels wonderful!!!
Thanks Dave. are the standard porsche peddles better built than the Dfgt peddle set .I just hope this is a better investment .I also hope it will mount to the wheel stand pro.
I've just upgraded from a DFP to a GT3RS and it's an amazing difference. Although I do not have any pedals for them yet. (Use it for PC racing mainly with my BRD speed7 pedals) I still use the DFP for GT5 and it's not fun racing with the DFP anymore. Feels like a toy. The basic fanatec pedals works and are a little bit better than the DFP/DFGT/MOMO pedals. I'll be saving up for the CSP and use the crappy DFP for GT5 until I can raise enough money.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I have gone ahead and ordered the fanatec gt3 porsche wheel & the clubsport pedals should be here tomorrow according to ups. I also throw in the rennsport wheel stand v2 and should get it some time in april.