Thinking of Using Action Replay In GT4; Should I?

RacingGameFan22

(Banned)
I Thinking about using Action Replay mainly to unlock two cars: the Peugeot 905 Race Car, and the Pagani Zonda Race Car, two cars that I've never raced before in Gran Turismo.

The Driving Hall Missions are Insanely hard, mainly because I'm using a Controller instead of a Driving Wheel (remember, Hardcore Racing Fan, Semi-casual Gamer here).

I haven't been able to get past the the First Twenty Missions (apart from the Honda Odyssey Slipstream battle)

I do have a question about, tho; Does Action Replay include a 'Unlock All Cars' code, because If not, I'm not going to waste my time, because I Gamesharked my way though my initial copy of GT3 because I got stuck in one of the license tests, and I came to find out, there was no 'Unlock All Cars' code, and as a result, I had to play my way though it.

So, anyway, if any of you guys can help me I would be eternally Grateful.

no. I believe only the Gameshark device has an Unlock All cars. oh, it doesn't work in Arcade mode, anyways.

the only thing worth playing with with an AR on GT4 is the code that lets you play with the wheels. wanna see what's on those tiny little wheels? wanna see the brakes? wanna have floating cars? turn that code on

Purists will yell at you for even THINKING cheat device.
if there was a way to trade cars online, I'd just give you it.
mabey I'll post my all cars save for you. it'll be in ARMax compressed form. lemmie know.

maybe I'll post my all cars save for you. it'll be in ARMax compressed form. lemmie know.

Yeah, but the problem is, I would more than likely put it on a memory stick, and my computer is so old that it doesn't have a SD MS spot in it unless I'm missing it, so sorry, charlie.

I used an action replay cheat, and now I have the Nissan GT-R Concept and the Formula GT car. I also have a good few drift cars, but seeing as I don't have a steering wheel I'm pretty crap at it.

AR lets you buy cars that you can't normally buy with a 'buy any car for free' code. Not sure which AR this is, but if you can find a dealer with the car, regardless of price even if it isn't listed because it's a win only car, you can still buy it.

Yeah, but the problem is, I would more than likely put it on a memory stick, and my computer is so old that it doesn't have a SD MS spot in it unless I'm missing it, so sorry, charlie.

what the heck is an "SD MS spot"? and no, I do all my compression and swap with a 15 meg that came with my ARMax. if you're saying you don't have a USB port, you haven't looked in the back...even our 95 Clone came with two USB's

Dragonistic reminded me of the Any Car, free code. I only use that to pick up the 49 Beetle (the New Beetle Cup is total crap in my hands)
now I gotta go dig up my other file and get those two out of it for the new one...

whats dumb about action replay is that i thought there would be a lot of codes for gran turismo. but every stupid website i go to gives me normal codes that came with the ultimate cheats thing. i want cooler cheats!!!!! i want to have all the cars unlocked or x16 accelleration or something cooler than mega turbo that i'm already getting bored of. please someone tell me a website or websites besides supercheats (that website freezes my computer) that has lots of action replay codes for gran turismo 4!!!! please please please please please please!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Nope, I don't think you should. After all, if you can't get the rewards off of your own power then I say that you have no right to use the action replay. After all, it's a matter of ethics. And if you can't respect that, then you've turned to the dark side of the gaming force.

regards,

gtmaster08

p.s.- Sorry man, it just had to be done...

you again?

son, the "dark side" has been around since 1990. I will remind you again Not Everybody Has The Skill to do it the hard way!!. there are also people who have allready finished and are doing it over for fun

Dudeman21: sorry, the expanded type codes your looking for are now in the "members only" catagory. one of the Cheat Device makers, Codebreaker, got ran over by Spambots, and has banned all public emails.

Actually, the dark side of the gaming force didn't show up until the PS2 came out. Nah, the "bit wars" era didn't show any signs of corruption in the gaming force.

Well, I have something to mend here. There IS no "dark side of the gaming force". I thought there was at first but now I know it was just a myth. I guess I thought that because someone trashed (dissed) the Gamecube to my face one day at school and it really pissed me off because that was my favorite system. But ever since I've gotten older, I'm thinking a lot more and that's the thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, like some say that FPS games are the best games out there. Well I say that FPS games bite. After all, you do countless missions blowing up stuff and shooting people? I personally think that kind of gameplay can get kind of stale after a while. However, the ONLY FPS game I have ever played and liked was the Star Wars Battlefront series. But then again, I always did like Star Wars so it was only natural that I took a liking to the game. Needless to say, the only real thing that people get out of other FPS games I feel is just more excuses to start "Flame Wars".

I Thinking about using Action Replay mainly to unlock two cars: the Peugeot 905 Race Car, and the Pagani Zonda Race Car, two cars that I've never raced before in Gran Turismo.

The Driving Hall Missions are Insanely hard, mainly because I'm using a Controller instead of a Driving Wheel (remember, Hardcore Racing Fan, Semi-casual Gamer here).

I haven't been able to get past the the First Twenty Missions (apart from the Honda Odyssey Slipstream battle)

I do have a question about, tho; Does Action Replay include a 'Unlock All Cars' code, because If not, I'm not going to waste my time, because I Gamesharked my way though my initial copy of GT3 because I got stuck in one of the license tests, and I came to find out, there was no 'Unlock All Cars' code, and as a result, I had to play my way though it.

So, anyway, if any of you guys can help me I would be eternally Grateful.

I have converted a code for you in my thread of GS Codes (in blue text), https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101208#post2871422
It should allow you to buy any car available from the dealer, in any available color. If the code works please confirm, with a post in that thread.
(note: the codes are for NTSC)

whats dumb about action replay is that i thought there would be a lot of codes for gran turismo. but every stupid website i go to gives me normal codes that came with the ultimate cheats thing. i want cooler cheats!!!!! i want to have all the cars unlocked or x16 accelleration or something cooler than mega turbo that i'm already getting bored of. please someone tell me a website or websites besides supercheats (that website freezes my computer) that has lots of action replay codes for gran turismo 4!!!! please please please please please please!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Okay, do a search for Maxconvert, MaxCrypt, or Omniconvert, . download one of those three conversion programs, and you can convert Gameshark and CodeBreaker codes to work with ARMAX (you probably have to convert the 'Master' codes too). FYI when converting for GT4(NTSC) use Game ID "0757"

Actually, the dark side of the gaming force didn't show up until the PS2 came out. Nah, the "bit wars" era didn't show any signs of corruption in the gaming force.

The dark side of the gaming force has existed since the first real console, the cheat devices GameShark, Codebreaker, and Action Replay just made it easier and more accessible to the average gamer. Back in the day some manipulated games by modifying bits of EEPROMs of copied Atari games, or modifying code of MS-DOS games with a Hex-Editor. Then in the early Nintendo era the Game Genie introduced cheating to the mainstream.

My way of playing games is usually beat the game, then see how far I can push the limits of the program, making the game do things it was never designed to do, which in some cases is more fun than the game was to begin with.

Also, RacingGameFan22 & dudeman21 check out my Hybridding thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122863
if you add 011C1630 (hex) to the 1st part of the codes listed on the 1st post, it will make the adjustment during race only, so you can use a hybrided set of parts (or just Power & Weight multipliers) for all cars in the Missions or License events.

(Though I just realized this thread was almost a year old, after repling, the info is still valid. So I don't expect to get a confirmation on the ARMAX code working, but it should work in theory)

Last edited:
Back