Thinking Outside the Box

United States
United States
Reading through discussions/guides on the best first car and earning credits quickly, it seems like everyone focuses on getting a car for the Sunday and Clubman Events (not counting cars won in the License tests).

I suggest something a little different: Forget the Sunday and Clubman Cups. You can earn credits quicker at the two 98hp Lightweight "K/Kei" races (Seattle Short and Tahiti Road). Counting the sale value of the prize cars, those events are worth about 9,500 credits each.
For my first car, I used a '90 Suzuki Cervo Mode Sr-Four (~3,200 credits IIRC), and I bought a Stage 1 Turbo (4,000 credits) and the Performance Chip (1,000 credits), which gave me exactly 98hp and allowed me to win the 98hp events very easily.

Sometimes, it pays to think outside the box! (Okay, full disclosure: I had to play through the game a few times before I was smart enough to do this.)

If anyone knows of other cheap (< 5,000 credits) Kei cars that can stay under 98hp with a Stage 1 Turbo, let me know. I found the '90 Alto Works and '90 Minica Dangan ended up over 100hp with the upgrade.

Also, if anyone knows why the Cervo got renamed to Selvo in part of this game, I'd like to know that. It seems like some sort of translation or "Engrish" pronunciation issue to me, since I can't find any reference to the car being called Selvo in real life.

'Selvo' is just a bad translation - it's uniformly 'Cervo' in the Japanese release and only overseas did they get it wrong.

The used car list is different per region, so the Cervo is only available on day 1 in the US release - for Europe it only shows up on day 10. The full lists can be found here.

Back