This changed my world. Tip for Fanatec CSR users.

United States
Portland, OR
SileightyCyrus
SileightyCyrus
Hello folks!

Warning, there may be high levels of hubris,humblebragging, and idiocy, and may only benefit a very small number of you guys.

I just recently made it to the Regional Finals of GT Academy 2014, and one of the main reasons that I had even buckled down and given it any effort the past few years, is because back in the GTHD days, I had great success in the drifting leaderboards. It carried on through Forza, though not as successfully, and then fast forward to GT6...

I was able to get Gold on almost all licenses within a couple tries, except for the drifting ones. I spent an obnoxious amount of time over my Christmas break trying to drift in GT6...and it was like I had never drifted. I thought I might have been out of practice, but I couldn't drift a single corner. So I gave up.

Until last night. I was looking through the settings on my wheel, and noticed that I had the sensitivity set to 900, which is what I wanted, but then realized there is an "OFF" function. This function is used to control the actual rotations you would need to turn from full lock to full lock. The wheel was made for Forza, however, and it turns out the 900 setting just ruined the steering. I had it set at 900 when I set my time on GT Academy, so who knows what I could have done with it set correctly, but the first time I tried to a drift seasonal event with my new wheel settings, I easily golded it. BAM!

So PSA: If you're stupid like me, set your dang SEN setting to "OFF" and enjoy great success.

I previously only got on GT6 for TT and such, but I now have SO much more to look forward to. I used to spend hours upon hours drifting in the old GT games, and it looks like I will finally be doing that again.

I wasn't able to do annnnnything with it set to 900, but when I turned it off, everything was perfect.

I wasn't able to do annnnnything with it set to 900, but when I turned it off, everything was perfect.
how the hell do you realy turn off the 900 degree? :embarrassed: i want to know that just to try..
and what you should be looking at, is you suspension setup, thats the most important!
carefull, on adding some Camber at the front! <3
Keep it sideway's. *G27 USER* (gt5 600hp+ supra rz :$)
10467136_621810404598790_9172946366477002666_o.jpg

I have a CSW.

It actually doesn't matter if you set it to off or 900 degrees, as 900 is the default wheel rotation value for GT6.

@iNflow - my wheel is the CSR, I don't know if you can change it on G27. I don't mean to sound conceited, but my ability to drift/tune wasn't in question, it was most definitely the wheel, but I do appreciate the advice!

@Azure Flare - perhaps not on the CSW, but there is a definite change on the CSR. I've gone back and forth dozens of times now, and the difference is most definitely there.

Because you really want to be learning 900 degrees. I aint saying that its easier but More rotation will give you more contol.
I got it xD
but you did scared me as a mother****er xD
i thought something bad could happen.. and by now, 1 week practising, im drifting realy realy good again :)
but i still want to try that thing anyway :)
And ty bruh :)

This is with g27 i made the whole suzuka east track in drift :)
10506855_623429747770189_7127250385526989451_o.jpg

Back