This feature from Gran Turismo Sport MUST return...

Which of these would you rather like to have for driving 42 kilometers in Gran Turismo 7?

• Car roulette from Gran Turismo Sport

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • A roulette ticket that gives out 5000/10000 Credits

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters
Germany
Germany
Hi guys,

now, with the shutdown of the GT Sport online services, a very important feature of that game has now become inaccessible.

After driving 42 kilometers in Gran Turismo Sport, the game rewards you with any car from the game, choosing four random cars from the roster and handing out one of them via a roulette system, quite similar to Gran Turismo 3. And let's be real, since the roulette tickets we currently have in Gran Turismo 7 have completely rigged rewards like 5000 or 10000 Credits for 3 or 4 star tickets on my end, dunno about you guys, I started to love this system, as you can get any car, no matter how much it's worth. You could get a little economy box worth 10k or a prototype that's worth a million, and that's what made these so interesting, and with the shutdown of GT Sport, I eagerly want this feature back.

Since ultimate upgrades and engine swaps are now purchasable, I would say, scrap the invitations, scrap the roulette tickets and bring the car roulette from GT Sport back.

I created a poll to have your opinion on that matter. But please please please be honest about your opinion. You can change your vote, but I want your honest opinion about it.

Well obviously I'm siding with the 5,000/10,000 cr. tickets.

By the way, this would've been best posted in Suggestions.

Well obviously I'm siding with the 5,000/10,000 cr. tickets.

By the way, this would've been best posted in Suggestions.
Maybe... But I wanted people's opinion on the matter with this poll, and I don't think it's possible if I put up a post in Suggestions, unless I'm missing something.

I assume the roulette ticket option is the same as not changing the system?
I chose that because I would rather have the chance of other things than a new car everyday. Going with a car ticket, the choices will probably be a Prius, Demio, Copen, and a VGT.
And then you will have people complaining about the quality of cars in the ticket....

I assume the roulette ticket option is the same as not changing the system?
I chose that because I would rather have the chance of other things than a new car everyday. Going with a car ticket, the choices will probably be a Prius, Demio, Copen, and a VGT.
And then you will have people complaining about the quality of cars in the ticket....
That's the whole gist about the car roulette in GT Sport. You can get any car in the game, from a small economy box to a Group C Prototype, and pretty much anything in-between. Of course, the higher the value, the lower your chances of actually getting it. I remember having a 20 million car in GT Sport in the roulette one time in three weeks. Didn't get it though.

The poll suggests a roulette that only gives 5 and 10k. So the poll itself is rigged as that is not what's happening on GT7.
It's the rewards you get 99% of the time in a 3 or 4 star roulette ticket.
No.

40% of 3-stars award 5k. 0% of 4-stars do. 10k comes from 35% of 3-stars and 28% of 4-stars. Even if you got a 3-star 9 times out of ten (and a 4-star the other time), you'd still be getting 5k or 10k only 70% of the time.

The roulette isn't "rigged" (there is no benefit to the supposed rigger from this outcome) but pre-set.

I save tickets when I know an update is coming, and my last 13 daily workouts gave me an average of 18k. Excluding those that didn't give cash - three parts, an engine, and a Toyota Alphard - it's 30k.

Of the six 3-stars I got 5k three times, 10k once, an exhaust for a Toyota GR86... and the Alphard.

No.

40% of 3-stars award 5k. 0% of 4-stars do. 10k comes from 35% of 3-stars and 28% of 4-stars. Even if you got a 3-star 9 times out of ten (and a 4-star the other time), you'd still be getting 5k or 10k only 70% of the time.

The roulette isn't "rigged" (there is no benefit to the supposed rigger from this outcome) but pre-set.

I save tickets when I know an update is coming, and my last 13 daily workouts gave me an average of 18k. Excluding those that didn't give cash - three parts, an engine, and a Toyota Alphard - it's 30k.

Of the six 3-stars I got 5k three times, 10k once, an exhaust for a Toyota GR86... and the Alphard.
So you're saying that I'm just super unlucky?

Then why even bother showing us much better prizes in the roulette if the only thing we get in pretty much every ticket is small change? Then give us the 5k from the get go instead of going all "Oh, you have a 60% chance to win a car, but we'll give you 5k instead". That's not how these tickets should work.

Of course I got my fair share of good rewards in the tickets, but only once every 15 tickets or so. The rest was all small change.

I'd rather the tickets just gave cash rewards. No parts or anything else. Just give me the cash and let me decide how I want to engage with the game.

And noting that the tickets gave you an average of 18k over 13 days isn't exactly a positive. I mean 18K is essentially nothing in GT7. The DW should be paying an average more like 50-100K...at least

and rather than (or in addition to) any daily workout reward, I'd just prefer a certain payout for each km driven in the game no matter where you drive it.

Last edited:
So you're saying that I'm just super unlucky?
Nope. I'm not saying anything except what I said, which is that your presentation of "99%" of 3/4-stars giving 5k or 10k is wrong. Also 4-stars can't give 5k.

I suspect that if you actually logged your tickets and prizes for a month, you'd see numbers much closer to the real ones. I mean, I only got six 3-stars in 18 days and I got 50% 5k - which is higher than the actual 40% but far lower than the claimed 99% (which would be three months of nothing but 5k).

There's also no chance to win anything except what you win. The tickets are all predetermined (possibly following a pre-set matrix; fun fact - GT Sport's were too), although they can change after an update but only to another reward of the same type: I got a BRZ Drift engine from a 4-star and it changed to a Corvette C7 engine after the 1/42 update, but none of the 3-stars changed.

As for the roulette animation itself, that's likely just a throwback to previous GT games.

My stats : Average value : 115 204 Cr. with 192 DW tickets (not counting in the tickets from weeklies, menus, licenses...)

And I did not have the value for all tickets (invites, and also parts I did not write down the cost)

And daily stats on all tickets :
DayCr.Nb of tickets
Monday186 91323
Tuesday193 00028
Wednesday168 71225
Thursday31 68222
Friday148 72025
Saturday159 34823
Sunday38 53324

Better play on tuesdays then thursdays or sundays 🤣

StarsNumber
(beware, most of those 6 stars were parts and engines ones...)

Last edited:
I would like more than the lowest payouts of the roulette tickets, but less than a full car for each spin.

I feel like it needs compromise, since the game is designed in such a way that single-player progression is tied to online play. Too many car rewards is bad for building a sense of career progression and attachment to your garage. Too little and you've effectively taken away car classes and avenues for player expression in online play.

Hi guys,

now, with the shutdown of the GT Sport online services, a very important feature of that game has now become inaccessible.

After driving 42 kilometers in Gran Turismo Sport, the game rewards you with any car from the game, choosing four random cars from the roster and handing out one of them via a roulette system, quite similar to Gran Turismo 3. And let's be real, since the roulette tickets we currently have in Gran Turismo 7 have completely rigged rewards like 5000 or 10000 Credits for 3 or 4 star tickets on my end, dunno about you guys, I started to love this system, as you can get any car, no matter how much it's worth. You could get a little economy box worth 10k or a prototype that's worth a million, and that's what made these so interesting, and with the shutdown of GT Sport, I eagerly want this feature back.

Since ultimate upgrades and engine swaps are now purchasable, I would say, scrap the invitations, scrap the roulette tickets and bring the car roulette from GT Sport back.

I created a poll to have your opinion on that matter. But please please please be honest about your opinion. You can change your vote, but I want your honest opinion about it.
I agree with getting rid of the invitations but don't really get into the other issues. I would like to see the "in game SR updates" brought back. I feel this would help the game (and online races) better than any credit or car reward.

Voted for the coin. Let me buy my own cars of my choosing. Hated GTS gifting me duplicate upon duplicate cars.
Well now you can sell the duplicate cars....it is still win-win

Last edited:
Voted for the coin. Let me buy my own cars of my choosing. Hated GTS gifting me duplicate upon duplicate cars.
I get what you mean. In 15 days of playing GT Sport, I got three Mustang Rally Cars even though I already had one. That's where I honestly wished that I could sell them for half or a third of the value, but I just couldn't because they were gift cars.

However, if the car roulette would come back, then imagine the possibilities. Since you can get ANYTHING, you can also get various amounts of cash for selling the car, and this can also range from say 3k to a few million if you're super lucky. Either way, I would take a low priced car over 5k Credits, as winning a car feels much better than getting small change. Really, if I want small change, I'll do a Sunday Cup race, but I don't need a roulette ticket for that...

The car roulette is more useful. But they won't bring it back because it gets in the way of you buying cars, and as we all know this game was designed for you to BUY BUY BUY so you can spend your real cash to buy game credits so you don't miss out on cars that only come on sale every five months.

This is such a smoothbrained request. Of course most people would want larger rewards. That’s why they’re called rewards. It’s like making a poll asking whether people would prefer GT7 to cost $60 or $20, and spending every post re-explaining that $20 is in fact less money than $60.

Last edited:
I picked up the second one. Any extra money reward would be neat since every penny counts in this game.

Last edited:
Back