This fixed neverending loadscreen for me!

• Thread starter zacscy
  • 5 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Ok, so after about 13-14 hours of problem solving I managed to find a fix for the endless loading on my computer. Your milage may vary and I have to warn that it might pose some security issues, so use it at your own risk. That being said, here's what I did:

1. Go to the search bar next to the Windows button at the bottom left and type in: lusrmgr.msc
2. Go to the "Users"-folder
3. Right click on "Administrator" and choose "Properties"
4. In the "General"-tab, untick the option "Account is disabled"
5. Click "Apply" and then click "OK"
6. Right click on ""DefaultAccount and choose "Properties"
7. In the "General"-tab, untick the option "Account is disabled"
8. Click "Apply" and then click "OK"
9. Go to "File" and click "Exit" (or just close the window)
10. Restart the computer
11. If everything worked correctly you should now be able to log in to the "Administrator" account. It might be the default option, or it might turn up in the right hand corner when you're prompted to enter the password for your own account. What it looks like might vary, but hopefully it's available as an option somewhere for you. Once you login with the "Administrator" account you'll go through some setup options for Windows 10, such as whether to share data and such. Choose your preferences and wait for the process to complete.
12. Now, run Steam and log in to your regular Steam account. The game will have to compile shaders etc, but eventually (give it a minute or two!) it presents you with the choice to login to your Microsoft/XBOX-account and load up the game! As it is a seperate window, and you likely are running the game in fullscreen mode, you might have to tab out of the game window and put in your user name and password before going back into the game. I ran the game in windowed mode and didn't have that issue, it popped up over the game window.

Now, after playing for just over an hour and doing the first race of the Builder-series I tried going back to my standard Windows user account instead of the "Administrator"-account and it works too.

I really, really hope it works for you, and if it does: please share the information. And if you need a video guide for the process of at least activating these accounts you can go to Youtube and search for: "The secret Windows Super Admin account", it should be made by a user named "ThioJoe".

Ok, so after about 13-14 hours of problem solving I managed to find a fix for the endless loading on my computer. Your milage may vary and I have to warn that it might pose some security issues, so use it at your own risk. That being said, here's what I did:

1. Go to the search bar next to the Windows button at the bottom left and type in: lusrmgr.msc
2. Go to the "Users"-folder
3. Right click on "Administrator" and choose "Properties"
4. In the "General"-tab, untick the option "Account is disabled"
5. Click "Apply" and then click "OK"
6. Right click on ""DefaultAccount and choose "Properties"
7. In the "General"-tab, untick the option "Account is disabled"
8. Click "Apply" and then click "OK"
9. Go to "File" and click "Exit" (or just close the window)
10. Restart the computer
11. If everything worked correctly you should now be able to log in to the "Administrator" account. It might be the default option, or it might turn up in the right hand corner when you're prompted to enter the password for your own account. What it looks like might vary, but hopefully it's available as an option somewhere for you. Once you login with the "Administrator" account you'll go through some setup options for Windows 10, such as whether to share data and such. Choose your preferences and wait for the process to complete.
12. Now, run Steam and log in to your regular Steam account. The game will have to compile shaders etc, but eventually (give it a minute or two!) it presents you with the choice to login to your Microsoft/XBOX-account and load up the game! As it is a seperate window, and you likely are running the game in fullscreen mode, you might have to tab out of the game window and put in your user name and password before going back into the game. I ran the game in windowed mode and didn't have that issue, it popped up over the game window.

Now, after playing for just over an hour and doing the first race of the Builder-series I tried going back to my standard Windows user account instead of the "Administrator"-account and it works too.

I really, really hope it works for you, and if it does: please share the information. And if you need a video guide for the process of at least activating these accounts you can go to Youtube and search for: "The secret Windows Super Admin account", it should be made by a user named "ThioJoe".

Found your post on the Steam discussion forums earlier. Appreciate that you reposted it here, but unfortunately, that does not work for me.

Last edited:
Found your post on the Steam discussion forums earlier. Appreciate that you reposted it here, but unfortunately, that does not work for me.
Sorry it didn’t help. 😔
Did you run into any specific issues or was it just that despite being on the admin account the game didn’t get past the endless load screen?

Sorry it didn’t help. 😔
Did you run into any specific issues or was it just that despite being on the admin account the game didn’t get past the endless load screen?

Admin account wasn't enough to let me into the game, as far as I can tell.

Admin account wasn't enough to let me into the game, as far as I can tell.
Oh, forgot to mention that in case you hadn’t seen that ppl had some success in launching FM by installing/updating the Minecraft-launcher (it uses gamesservices too), you could try that. But if that didn’t work then I’ve got nothing new to report.

Back