This game ruined GT Sport for me

Got a gaming PC already so I tried ACC. I don't agree at all that it feels better, more realistic, more difficult or more immersive than GT Sport - just different.

I'm almost DR A+ in GT Sport, have driven a car on track and have regularly ridden motorcycles for 15 years.

I will be playing it however when my partner uses the PS5.
Do you think the Ferrari 458 Gr.3 is a better representation of the real car than the 488 GT3 in ACC then? Ditto with R8 LMS, Huracan and NSX GT3s.

I saw in another thread that you are struggling with the FFB not giving you a substitute for g-forces. IMO, the FFB is indeed different from GTS, but it's much more informative. GT doesn't provide me with any g-force sensation either. You just need to get used to it, don't rush your judgement, especially if you're not used to jumping between lots of different games.

This might help. Short and long version if you have time.

Do you think the Ferrari 458 Gr.3 is a better representation of the real car than the 488 GT3 in ACC then? Ditto with R8 LMS, Huracan and NSX GT3s.
I have no idea since I haven't driven them IRL. To me, all those cars handle great in GTS and are very fun and rewarding to drive fast. However, they all have severe lift-off oversteer, so, you either need good FFB and skills, or a gamepad which has built-in assists to not let you steer too much on lift-off - otherwise they feel unpredictable and totally unfit/dangerous to be driven anywhere at all.
IRL, I come mostly from motorcycles. Most sporty motorcycle have very neutral handling, like a perfectly balanced race car in GTS. However, I have driven 250 hp normal cars on both twisty roads as fast as I can (professionally) and on track. I also have a Toyota Corolla 2021 as everyday car. I can't feel anything in the wheel of those cars, just a weak self centering torque. Going fast and safe is done with my "butt gyro", exactly as on a motorcycle where I can't feel anything in the handlebars. The only difference on a motorcycle is that the handlebars become stupid heavy in high speeds when you want to quickly lean the motorcycle a lot, so you have to twist and counter-steer with a lot of force - otherwise it just stays upright and kills you.
I saw in another thread that you are struggling with the FFB not giving you a substitute for g-forces. IMO, the FFB is indeed different from GTS, but it's much more informative. GT doesn't provide me with any g-force sensation either. You just need to get used to it, don't rush your judgement, especially if you're not used to jumping between lots of different games.

This might help. Short and long version if you have time.
I actually have seen those videos already, and I enjoyed them a lot! :)
My conclusion so far is that ACC and GTS uses different "FFB languages". I'm used to the "butt gyro" language IRL and have gotten used to the "butt sensations" in my wheel in GTS. Losing those entirely, and instead having self-aligning torque, tyre-whatever-something, road texture and so on, indeed feels different and I can't drive properly with that "language".
I saw that IrFFB has come to ACC, as ACCFFB. If I come back to ACC, I'd definitely try the "seat of pants" effect and try to emulate the FFB language GTS uses.

If you struggle with G-force sensations in GTS, I'd advice you to try 1/1 in FFB settings. Or increase max torque to 5 as most. Increasing sensitivity gradually kills "butt gyro" and the wheel becomes heavy most of the time.

Last edited:
The only difference on a motorcycle is that the handlebars become stupid heavy in high speeds when you want to quickly lean the motorcycle a lot, so you have to twist and counter-steer with a lot of force - otherwise it just stays upright and kills you.
Going fast and safe is done with my "butt gyro", exactly as on a motorcycle where I can't feel anything in the handlebars.
Sounds like you need someone that really knows what they are doing and how to ride a sportbike at high speeds to teach you a few things.
Steering/leaning on a performance bike is done as much/more by weighting the footpegs than input in the bars and you really never turn the bars very much at all.

Riding correctly you maintain a very relaxed loose grip on the bars grips and your inputs are more slight adjustments and never manhandling the bike around.

Again if you are not getting feedback information that you can use through the feel of the front end and through the bars you do not understand what you should be feeling apparently and no way can you be riding on the edge of the available grip if you do not know what your front end is doing on a bike or you would find your rear on the pavement quite often.

Sounds like you need someone that really knows what they are doing and how to ride a sportbike at high speeds to teach you a few things.
Steering/leaning on a performance bike is done as much/more by weighting the footpegs than input in the bars and you really never turn the bars very much at all.

Riding correctly you maintain a very relaxed loose grip on the bars grips and your inputs are more slight adjustments and never manhandling the bike around.

Again if you are not getting feedback information that you can use through the feel of the front end and through the bars you do not understand what you should be feeling apparently and no way can you be riding on the edge of the available grip if you do not know what your front end is doing on a bike or you would find your rear on the pavement quite often.
Ah well, I've ridden motorcycles of different kinds for 15 years, often quicker and safer than most people around me, so I'm fine.
I put weight on different pegs for stability, and hang off with my body/head for manipulation of center of gravity - steering is done with the handlebars by counter-steering.
Try letting go of the handlebars and steer with your body - not much happens.

Anyway, let's not hijack the thread. Most people here don't care about motorcycles.

Last edited:
Hey if I sign up for the online mode, I may need some assistance cause see i've never done it before. I probably should have but my parents said no and so did my grandparents. Pissed me off!

I have no idea since I haven't driven them IRL. To me, all those cars handle great in GTS and are very fun and rewarding to drive fast. However, they all have severe lift-off oversteer, so, you either need good FFB and skills, or a gamepad which has built-in assists to not let you steer too much on lift-off - otherwise they feel unpredictable and totally unfit/driven to be driven anywhere at all.
IRL, I come mostly from motorcycles. Most sporty motorcycle have very neutral handling, like a perfectly balanced race car in GTS. However, I have driven 250 hp normal cars on both twisty roads as fast as I can (professionally) and on track. I also have a Toyota Corolla 2021 as everyday car. I can't feel anything in the wheel of those cars, just a weak self centering torque. Going fast and safe is done with my "butt gyro", exactly as on a motorcycle where I can't feel anything in the handlebars. The only difference on a motorcycle is that the handlebars become stupid heavy in high speeds when you want to quickly lean the motorcycle a lot, so you have to twist and counter-steer with a lot of force - otherwise it just stays upright and kills you.

I actually have seen those videos already, and I enjoyed them a lot! :)
My conclusion so far is that ACC and GTS uses different "FFB languages". I'm used to the "butt gyro" language IRL and have gotten used to the "butt sensations" in my wheel in GTS. Losing those entirely, and instead having self-aligning torque, tyre-whatever-something, road texture and so on, indeed feels different and I can't drive properly with that "language".
I saw that IrFFB has come to ACC, as ACCFFB. If I come back to ACC, I'd definitely try the "seat of pants" effect and try to emulate the FFB language GTS uses.

If you struggle with G-force sensations in GTS, I'd advice you to try 1/1 in FFB settings. Or increase max torque to 5 as most. Increasing sensitivity gradually kills "butt gyro" and the wheel becomes heavy most of the time.
Exactly, the Ferrari in GTS is so twitchy and unpredictable, no sane racing team will send their drivers out with that setup. Tuning can help, but the basic handling traits still remain. This holds true across many MR cars in the game as well. Lots of gentlemen drivers race these cars IRL without big accidents, and even though I've never driven a GT3 car in real life either, I can assure you the ACC representation is likely closer to what it is IRL.

I don't ride motorbikes so I can't comment on that part.

So that takes us back to FFB (I see you've read my older posts as well in this forum). Indeed AC/ACC doesn't give as much feedback when the rear is sliding. However, as Aris explained this is more true to life and how they intended for it to be. Some people like it, some people don't and that is fine. But IMO it would be a shame for you to give up too quickly on the game or call it less realistic than GTS because of this. It takes some getting used to, so my advice is just keep driving it to learn the "language" :) If you try to change the FFB with external plugins, you might make it better, or you might ruin it even more. After all there's a saying "too many cooks spoil the broth".

For GTS, I use 2/1 FFB with T-GT. I don't like heavy steering either. The one thing GT FFB does well is reacting to oversteer moments (your "seat of pants" effect). But in almost every other category (tyre grip, weight transfer, road feel) it's far below AC/ACC. Because of this, I cannot say GT FFB is better overall than AC/ACC. Even if it helps me catch slides easier (which often happens because cars are not simulated properly in the first place!).

I guess my point is, I understand you have a preference for FFB with strong SOP effects, which AC/ACC lacks. But don't let this one conscious design decision by the dev team cloud your judgment or enjoyment of the realism that the rest of the game provides over GTS :) Just keep playing both, and enjoy each for what it provides 👍

Indeed AC/ACC doesn't give as much feedback when the rear is sliding.
Well to be a bit nitpicky; AC does it as much as any other sim (IMO). But the GT3 cars in ACC don't give much rear slide feedback. The GT4 cars in ACC give a little bit more of that though.

AC gives less of the fake forces, they made a post about this years ago for the original AC. They wanted to create a more realistic wheel feel with less canned effects, though they did cave eventually and add them in as options I don't think it's as well done as other sims. But personally I'm not much for the fake effects, having done some experiments I discovered I'm not really slower with FFB off entirely, it's just less enjoyable and maybe very slightly worse for consistency.

Only recently bought ACC but owned AC from the first preview build, I think ACC GT3 cars have a slightly improved solidity about them feel wise, but I'm finding I'm often fastest when using a little throttle constantly during high speed braking (example first corner Suzuka) to stop the rear end coming around, something I never did/do in AC. Never driven a real GT3 car, feels better to me than iRacing though but I always preferred AC to iRacing when it comes to the high (relatively) downforce racing cars, ACC feels like an iteration on AC for sure.

Last edited:
AC gives less of the fake forces, they made a post about this years ago for the original AC. They wanted to create a more realistic wheel feel with less canned effects, though they did cave eventually and add them in as options I don't think it's as well done as other sims. But personally I'm not much for the fake effects, having done some experiments I discovered I'm not really slower with FFB off entirely, it's just less enjoyable and maybe very slightly worse for consistency.

Only recently bought ACC but owned AC from the first preview build, I think ACC GT3 cars have a slightly improved solidity about them feel wise, but I'm finding I'm often fastest when using a little throttle constantly during high speed braking (example first corner Suzuka) to stop the rear end coming around, something I never did/do in AC. Never driven a real GT3 car, feels better to me than iRacing though but I always preferred AC to iRacing when it comes to the high (relatively) downforce racing cars, ACC feels like an iteration on AC for sure.
That's exactly what you're meant to do through turns 1&2 at Suzuka, according to a real life GT3 driver playing ACC and doing commentary. It's on YouTube but can't remember the driver.
He says that you've gotta employ trail braking through those turns, so it seems like you (and ACC) are doing it right!

Where can I get tunes from. Don’t want to go the pay route just yet. I’m trying to give this game as fair if a chance as I can before I delete it.

Where can I get tunes from. Don’t want to go the pay route just yet. I’m trying to give this game as fair if a chance as I can before I delete it.
Everything I say concerns the PC game, I have no experience concerning the console edition but would guess most things should crossover.

Basically most cars the base aggressive set ups are good.
Start there and maybe do a few tweaks to ride heights and aero and see how the car feels.
One thing in ACC tire pressures are critical, Shoot for around 27.5 for dry and 30.0 psi for wet tires. These numbers are for tires up to hot operating temp tire pressures.
It can take a couple of laps to get the tires fully up to operating temperature.

One of the best videos I have seen to understand setups in ACC is this one. Also check out Aris.drives videos as he is one of the devs for the game and has some very good videos explaining set ups and all the physics associated to the game.

Another thing is ACC punishes you for overdriving the car, settled and smooth driving and paying attention to corner entry speeds is also important for good results.

Last edited:
Everything I say concerns the PC game, I have no experience concerning the console edition but would guess most things should crossover.

Basically most cars the base aggressive set ups are good.
Start there and maybe do a few tweaks to ride heights and aero and see how the car feels.
One thing in ACC tire pressures are critical, Shoot for around 27.5 for dry and 30.0 psi for wet tires. These numbers are for tires up to hot operating temp tire pressures.
It can take a couple of laps to get the tires fully up to operating temperature.

One of the best videos I have seen to understand setups in ACC is this one. Also check out Aris.drives videos as he is one of the devs for the game and has some very good videos explaining set ups and all the physics associated to the game.

Another thing is ACC punishes you for overdriving the car, settled and smooth driving and paying attention to corner entry speeds is also important for good results.

That's a good video. What I have been doing and this may not be for everyone but I have been using the default setups and while I am getting used to the game I haven't been going all out. I figure get the car handling down then I can start to push the cars and mess around with the car settings. The other thing I like to do with new racing games is learn to drive on tracks I am familiar with like I will practice on Monza as it is a fairly familiar track and I know what i need to do on that track to get a good (for me) time.

kjb
That's a good video. What I have been doing and this may not be for everyone but I have been using the default setups and while I am getting used to the game I haven't been going all out. I figure get the car handling down then I can start to push the cars and mess around with the car settings.
This is one of the things that can be taken from the Aris videos is that for probably at least 80%of the drivers in the game or more the base aggressive set up with proper air pressures gives the driver a car that handles better than they can actually push the car to its limits.
The closer a person is to the tip of the pointy spear the more that adjusting the setup will give you an extra few tenths here and there.
Basically if you are several seconds off the fast guys/aliens pace the car set up is not what really needs to be improved the most but more the players driving ability or technique.

Here is another video that one of the popular you tubers is showing how his driving habits are costing him time and this guy not really an alien but is in the top percentage of drivers concerning results in the races he runs. Just shows pretty much how one little change can improve ones lap times.

Last edited:
Can't say anything on GTS but this is ruining GT7 for me. Just picked this up on Steam sale and man what a blast those GT4 cars are. I don't know how to explain it but the driving just feels more real. The cars feel heavier, maybe. Can't say.

Just got a wheel setup 2 weeks ago and wanted to venture out into deeper waters from Forza. Started with PCars2 just cause i was familiar with it and wanted to give it more of a go on PC. Wasn't bad, some frustrations with the 935/77 at rainy Hockenheim. Booted up ACC this weekend and I'm not sure I'll be traveling back to PCars unless it's for the historic cars and tracks and FM7 is all but retired.

Just started! I know AC and I know the potential of ACC and the fact, while playing on PS5, we're behind the pc version. Will we ever catch?
Anyway, it's a great approach to GT3 world. It feels not so raw as AC was. Mainly testing and hotlapping at the moment.
Not leaving GT7! These two can support each other easily.

Agreed; they're a great combo I reckon.

Especially now that GT has more track detail (check out the 'Ring) and better physics than ever before.

EDIT:
Honestly, I get tired of monitoring tyre pressures and calculating fuel amounts quite-quickly these days, so GT's a welcome relief even 'though I'm still on GT6 on PS3(!).

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back