- 23,800

- Philippines
The fact that he has a few brand name parts in there is what keeps it in one piece... the new pistons, the new crank (despite the derision some people have for Eagle cranks, I doubt it'd shatter under what power the engine actually does make...) and the AEM box (which is doubtless working overtime to keep the mess alive).
Singh grooves (which I was tempted to try on an old block I had overhauled) work on the idea that the grooves cause more turbulence in the chamber, which prevents detonation and allows smoother running at idle.
In actuality... the many sharp edges of the grooves provide potential hotspots for detonation to occur, but there's the non-inconsequential effect of decreasing compression through the enlarging of the chamber... it's that extra compression lowering effect that's probably keeping detonation low and the engine from bombing... so far...
BTW... trackday... thank goodness frankenclutch is slipping already... which means he'll be replacing it with something that probably won't decapitate anyone... finally.
Singh grooves (which I was tempted to try on an old block I had overhauled) work on the idea that the grooves cause more turbulence in the chamber, which prevents detonation and allows smoother running at idle.
In actuality... the many sharp edges of the grooves provide potential hotspots for detonation to occur, but there's the non-inconsequential effect of decreasing compression through the enlarging of the chamber... it's that extra compression lowering effect that's probably keeping detonation low and the engine from bombing... so far...
BTW... trackday... thank goodness frankenclutch is slipping already... which means he'll be replacing it with something that probably won't decapitate anyone... finally.