This is getting ridiculous!

• Thread starter Sarkazmo
  • 9 comments
United States
OH
GTP_Sarkazmo
Qualified 3rd, finished 1st, and was the ONLY driver that didn't get a penalty, lost SR. I really do try to not worry about the ratings but &*^% like this pisses me off. Please watch the replay if you will, tell me what I did wrong penalty wise?

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180604165341.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180604165311.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180604165316.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180604165356.jpg

Sark

Turn three on lap 2 and 3, lap three mostly and the big off at exit of turn four on lap 4 (unsafe reentry and you cut through the grass). You don't have to pull a penalty to hurt you SR, not all out of bound excursions result in time penalties even though they can hurt your SR.

Turn three on lap 2 and 3, lap three mostly and the big off at exit of turn four on lap 4 (unsafe reentry and you cut through the grass). You don't have to pull a penalty to hurt you SR, not all out of bound excursions result in time penalties even though they can hurt your SR.

I will not say you are wrong ... what I can say is that for a couple of races I took the wide line through the Mercedes Arena and a wide exit after T4 lap after lap with a blue SR in the end ! And ... I don't think "unsafe reentry" gets penalized.

I dont quite understand your post Sarkazmo. Did you mean by finishing first your SR should go up ? The result is affecting only your DR rating. There are a lot of bad drivers that are fast. That is the reason why there is DR and SR.

So regardless of penalties your SR is depending on sportmanship. It would be easier if you could post the pre-race and post-race kudos stats. Maybe you just lost 1 SR that race ?

I dont quite understand your post Sarkazmo. Did you mean by finishing first your SR should go up ? The result is affecting only your DR rating. There are a lot of bad drivers that are fast. That is the reason why there is DR and SR.

So regardless of penalties your SR is depending on sportmanship. It would be easier if you could post the pre-race and post-race kudos stats. Maybe you just lost 1 SR that race ?

I don't have the Kudos scores before and after to compare. I don't know how many points were taken away but without incurring penalties I don't see why I was deducted even a single point. PD is hiding these negative SR events and that's just not right. With no penalties I should've finished with no change in SR at worst, positive SR at best. If every single touch removes SR, if running wide removes SR, if "unsafe reentry" removes SR it should be listed on screen or in a log or something! With the system the way it is people get points removed and never know why!

When your DR can be taken away from you because of low SR this invisible system is a slap in the face for drivers. Under certain circumstances one could lose 20K DR points and never get a penalty, how is that fair? If I do wrong, fine, give me a penalty. But to take points away without penalty of even acknowledgement of the loss, that's BS.

Sark

I don't have the Kudos scores before and after to compare. I don't know how many points were taken away but without incurring penalties I don't see why I was deducted even a single point. PD is hiding these negative SR events and that's just not right. With no penalties I should've finished with no change in SR at worst, positive SR at best. If every single touch removes SR, if running wide removes SR, if "unsafe reentry" removes SR it should be listed on screen or in a log or something! With the system the way it is people get points removed and never know why!

When your DR can be taken away from you because of low SR this invisible system is a slap in the face for drivers. Under certain circumstances one could lose 20K DR points and never get a penalty, how is that fair? If I do wrong, fine, give me a penalty. But to take points away without penalty of even acknowledgement of the loss, that's BS.

Sark

The way I look at it is any time you have contact it is a bonus when you do not lose SR. With several instances of contact even regardless of fault and an off if it were me I would have have expected an SR drop, sorry.

@Sarkazmo If for you the SR and DR levels are relevant you should’ve just checked the Kudos stats. How can you complain about loss of DR/SR when you are not actually tracking it ??

PD did not want the levels to be seen (other than E-S stats) because its just about racing and the system putting you together with similar racers. It is not intended as a ranking system climbing up to the highest ranks.

Last edited:
@Sarkazmo If for you the SR and DR levels are relevant you should’ve just checked the Kudos stats. How can you complain about loss of DR/SR when you are not actually tracking it ??

PD did not want the levels to be seen (other than E-S stats) because its just about racing and the system putting you together with similar racers. It is not intended as a ranking system climbing up to the highest ranks.

I don't track my points on Kudos on a race by race basis. The site doesn't always display current data anyway so there's no way to do that reliably. How can I complain about it? Red = down, White = no change, Blue = up. I don't need to know the amount to see that it went down.

Sark

Kudos prime works 100% after the race within 5 seconds after the last car finishes or the 30s are over.

Just check the site before the race and after the race refresh immediately. Simple as that.

Back