This isn't GT5 or Forza where you can play bumper cars.

• Thread starter skylinefx
  • 10 comments
Got this game a few days ago...
Multilayer is very, very annoying sometimes. I mean people play this game as if they're racing super trucks or something!

Turn 6, Canada. I was following and watching a two way battle in front of me. The person in first made the corner just fine. The person in second place locked up his brakes at turn 6 and got a bad exit to turn 7. I got a good exit and was almost side by side with him at turn 7. I took the inside line as he went wide and slower, had two of my wheels on the grass. Then all of a sudden, the guy just turns right into me! He gets me onto the grass, I still overtake him but get a drive through penalty for illegal overtaking. On the same lap, he overtook me back and the person in first place. Now the person in second place got a bad exit at the chicane, I used DRS and overtook him. Braked properly into the corner, he slammed into the back of me, I cut the corner and got disqualified. Oh so fair.

Countless times I had people pushing me into walls at Monaco, driving into the back of me, or when crashing they just reverse into the middle of the track.

Share your experiences...

Unfortunaly thats just the way online racing is, GT5 is practically the only game on ps3 where you can have decent clean side by side racing.
Codemasters raised the numbers of players online from last year but by the sounds of things done nothing to fix it the penalty system.

I don't own f1 2011 yet and i don't have many experiences to share from f1 2010 because after 4 or 5 online races i knew what to expect and never played it online again.

Gt5 is no different.

Racing with people you know that are clean racers makes for great racing, and vice versa. That goes for both gt5 and f1 2011

Funny story, in india i was in the middle of the pack, and on the right, i thought i was going to get my rear cleaned up, so at the start i pulled to the right, to let everyone pass, and guess what, everyone went around the turn cleanilyl.....no seriously.

You need to do searches for custom races, and generally the longer they are the better the driving will be. Honestly I prefer the longer races because more laps will weed out the hack drivers. I won a 20% race on Nürburgring comfortably with a damaged front wing for half of the race. If someone does put you off in a longer race you at least have some laps to get back in front.

IRacing is the best for that problem. But at the same time not everybody have patience or skills to advance on IRacing

I dont think its' neither that refrain most people, but more like the money you have to invest if you want to try a few cars and tracks. Iracing cost lots and lots and lots of money if you want to play it properly.

I play Iracing. Very clean racing, people get pissed easily if you bump them, and it takes points off of your license. Every time I play F1 2011, there is a huge crashfest in the first corner! They punt you off and they don't care! Thankfully I'm better than most of hose idiots and can make my way back up through the pack

I guess the best thing to do is try to organize some racing time with people you know or meet here on GTP. Just entering random lobbies will surely have some sketchy drivers no matter what you play, whether it be F1, GT5, or Forza.

I'm on iRacing too and its not all sunshine on that side of the lake either. For the most part iRacing is the best for clean racing online, but not everyone is into paying that kind of money.

Back