"This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources"

I keep getting this message in the address bar i get a little shield that when you hover over it he give's me this link. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1342714 .

Are they script's from gtp or something nasty.
Does this happen in any particular location on the site or is it every time?

The link you provide is a Chrome help page which tells you why the shield is being displayed - it occurs when a secure site (like GTP, which uses https:// ) has elements that are not secure, but I don't know what this refers to without a better handle on when it occurs.

Every page everywhere., just checked. if you didn't look at the address bar you wouldn't notice it. As Google blocks it before site loads. google gtp hit the link everything loads fine no warnings but that icon appears. but since its trying to load scripts i thought i should ask.

I keep getting this message in the address bar i get a little shield that when you hover over it he give's me this link. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1342714 .

Are they script's from gtp or something nasty.
It's normal and completely safe - this usually occurs when a banner ad is delivered from a server that doesn't support HTTPS. Browsers use an abundance of caution to notify users of this, but your connection to GTP is still encrypted.

It's normal and completely safe - this usually occurs when a banner ad is delivered from a server that doesn't support HTTPS. Browsers use an abundance of caution to notify users of this, but your connection to GTP is still encrypted.

Ok cool, better to be safe :gtpflag:

I don't know if it's related to vasiliflame concern, but I've got the following to pop while reading the latest news on the Facebook browser. It doesn't occur everytime and seems to be mobile related by taking advantage of poor browser security because it didn't occur in Chrome when trying to reproduce.

lwaXUKP.png

@TB - Yes, this was obviously a false message. I've run a scan over my phone, but it hasn't found anything.

I've opened many links on the Facebook mobile app to see it was indeed my phone the culprit, but it doesn't seem so as this was the only page to give me this. It also appeared to be random, so my first guess was one of the ad sponsors is compromised.

NB: This morning, it occurred three times upon refreshing the 1.17 news page (out of roughly 30 tries), but now it doesn't seem to happen.

Is this why I sometimes struggle getting in with my Wii U Browser, because I sometimes get kicked out of the servers for some reasons (all it says is an error code)

Is this why I sometimes struggle getting in with my Wii U Browser, because I sometimes get kicked out of the servers for some reasons (all it says is an error code)

A bit of a personal thought, I don't think that any of the consoles can provide a stable connection to GTP. I own a PS4, which claims to support HTMLv5, but I still get a disconnect if I try to connect to a image and/or video heavy page. In your case, it is just a simple matter of the browser not recognizing HTMLv5, as some browsers are more optimized for Japanese networks.

I know that the Wii browser was designed by Opera, but I can't make any logical conclusions unless I know who programed the browser on the WiiU.

EDIT: Made a factual correction.

Last edited:
Back