This should make a few of you happy!

  • Thread starter Thread starter chelski4life
  • 15 comments
  • 1,650 views
I would subscribe to PS+, IF they guaranteed a lot less lag online.
 
PSN Plus still aint worth it.

Your Bloody Mad!.. you get more than what you pay for and now with free Cloud storage.. its :censored:ing worth it!
 
Your Bloody Mad!.. you get more than what you pay for and now with free Cloud storage.. its :censored:ing worth it!

How much does it cost?
 
psn + is worth it, the people who say it's not worth haven't tried it out yet or just complete snob who want everything free.
 
PSN network is $50/year. Effectively you are buying a game and paying for it monthly. I may get it. Then again, GT5 data that I have is backed up so....
 
LOL, £40 a year for PSN+, or a one-off £6 for a 4GB pen drive.

Had they gone the Microsoft route, and let you save ALL your data off the machine, you wouldn't need this. I have my profile on a 16GB pendrive on my 360, it can go anywhere with me, even to places with no internet access.

Basic profile functionality, should NOT be a paid for service... IMO.
 
Interesting functionality, but a USB stick is still a better option.
Unless all future games release with copy protection.
 
PSN is still not worth paying for. If they can duplicate XBL, then I'll have both.
 
I'm not convinced it's an automatic backup.. from what I read on the blog.. you can copy your game save, just as you copy it to the usb stick. but instead you point it to the server (cloud).

and you can go to any of your friends and access your saves from the cloud on to there PS3's ..if the games encrypted, there's a time limit.. so you can only restore from the cloud once a day!

and if you let your membership lapse.. it will stay in the cloud for 6 months before they delete the data..

.... So if all future games are encrypted backups.. the only way to backup is the PSN+ network...

can you see where this might go?
 
Wouldn't that increase load/save times even more than what they are now?
 
What other functions does PSN+ really give you. Cheaper options on games you really don't want. I stick to the pen drive as well.

Also, with the direction this thread is swaying away GT, I believe it should belong in the general PS3 forum.
 
Interesting functionality, but a USB stick is still a better option.
Unless all future games release with copy protection.
Well obviously they will, now that Sony has this service to sell you.
 
Back