This thread is over!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Globalchill
  • 14 comments
  • 1,221 views

Should They Fix The Sound Bug Of The Tires?

  • Yes

    Votes: 30 55.6%
  • No

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I Dont Care About It

    Votes: 11 20.4%

  • Total voters
    54
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
10
United States
United States
Messages
Globalchill
Hello, When ever you turn just a little it makes the scretching sound of the tires. I just think that needs to be fixed ASAP!
 
Hello, When ever you turn just a little it makes the scretching sound of the tires. I just think that needs to be fixed ASAP!
I know, incredibly off putting ain't it!? Some cars are louder on tyres than others so i've been avoiding those ones. He sound annoying also when in cockpit view, you bump another car and all sounds go muted for a second or so?! I think it's supposed to simulate dissorientation but its WAY to much, so much that
 
Who would pick no on poll lol wow >.> !
 
This isn't a bug as such, it seems PD have decided to provide the extra tire noise as a way of giving the driver more feedback. I hated it too, at first, and now I've gotten used to it and don't mind. Furthermore, there really is a lot of variety to the sounds. You can hear what is about to happen with the car by learning to recognise the different sounds the tires make and what they mean. Pick a track and car you like and do some serious testing and listening, you'll pick it up and may start to appreciate it like I do now.

Having said all that, I wish we could have sounds sliders, and that way everyone could adjust individual sounds to the way they like it. It would leave everyone happy.
 
The sound of the tires is fine, I like it now.
 
We need exaggerated tyre sounds as a form of feedback from the system. If your tyres are squealing, your sliding, and losing time (most of the time).
 
We need exaggerated tyre sounds as a form of feedback from the system. If your tyres are squealing, your sliding, and losing time (most of the time).

I sorta like the sounds, they can be a bit loud at times but I've been changing my driving to lessen the noise. I'm not quite there but it's not as loud and prominent as it was how I use to drive; really rough sliding everywhere.
 
I sorta like the sounds, they can be a bit loud at times but I've been changing my driving to lessen the noise. I'm not quite there but it's not as loud and prominent as it was how I use to drive; really rough sliding everywhere.
I find, with headphones on, the tyre noises are excellent.

They give me much earlier warnings about lock ups etc. You can hear the tyres either scrubbing (not enough weight on them) or screaming under too much load, good for pinning down understeer causes and remedies.

I can also hear the tyres skipping sometimes, pointing to damper or spring rate issues.

I do agree though, adjustable volume for each sound effect would help please the masses.
 
Hello, When ever you turn just a little it makes the scretching sound of the tires. I just think that needs to be fixed ASAP!

Wasn't sure that this was correct... did about 800 miles on GT6 last night and tried several times to get the tyres to screech with small steering movements... and I disagree with you. I suspect you're simply turning at too great a speed.
 
No dude it happen alot smart ass

Er, thank you, that's very kind... I've been losing some weight, as it happens.

Which cars is it happening in and which controller are you using?
 
IIRC the 1.03 update reduced the amount of tire noise, but it's important to hear the tires as it is audio feedback to indicate grip levels especially if you are using a DS3 as you wont have the force feedback that wheel users have.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back