This Week’s Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Rimac Shocks the Spring System

can someone tell me how to get to 80% the quickest ? I need that subbie but I cant get to 240mph on the moors hill wind farm with neither evora,cayman nor amg CLK :D

can someone tell me how to get to 80% the quickest ? I need that subbie but I cant get to 240mph on the moors hill wind farm with neither evora,cayman nor amg CLK :D
I did it with the '19 911 Carrera with a V8 hybrid swap with all engine mods and a customizable transmission. I presume any car will do, as long as it's fully upgraded. Start from the Western end of the road and you'll get it easy. If you can, go online. If you're using the flashback or pausing, the traffic will continue going so you can use that to your advantage.

I did it with the '19 911 Carrera with a V8 hybrid swap with all engine mods and a customizable transmission. I presume any car will do, as long as it's fully upgraded. Start from the Western end of the road and you'll get it easy. If you can, go online. If you're using the flashback or pausing, the traffic will continue going so you can use that to your advantage.

Thank you very much for your input, I did start west to east I ususaly had about 120mph coming around the starting corner, but I get so much air on jumps leading to wheelspin I have problems putting down the power. Might have to try over weekend on Wheel, I dont have that 911 but Cayman can get up to 9.8 Speed but even if it says 260max speed (geared for acceleration) the most I got was 236mph... which is ultra annoying.
Evora has enough downforce to get me to 238 but affter 12 retry I got bored of that challenge.. I just want my subaruuuuuuu :D

It really seems like the average-skilled player will need the 2019 911 Carrera or TVR Griffith to complete the Weekly Forzathon, which creates an interesting predicament; the only cars suited for the challenge are paid DLC! :boggled:

It really seems like the average-skilled player will need the 2019 911 Carrera or TVR Griffith to complete the Weekly Forzathon, which creates an interesting predicament; the only cars suited for the challenge are paid DLC! :boggled:
I did the Speed Trap in a maxed Cayman GTS. I also built up a Twin Turbo SLK that I might use for the rest of the challenges.

I did the Speed Trap in a maxed Cayman GTS. I also built up a Twin Turbo SLK that I might use for the rest of the challenges.

I know it is possible with cars from the vanilla game, but those with access to the DLC cars will have it much easier since the 911 Carrera S goes well into X Class after the V8 Hybrid swap. It can be tricky for less skilled players to achieve 240mph (for the speed trap) in other cars.

I wish I could just buy the ‘04 STi. For such a common car it’s very hard to acquire. So is the Hoonigan 911 Turbo.
The Hoonigan Porsche is a prize from Level 17 Street Scene. Keep grinding away and you'll guaranteed get it.

As for the '04 STi, I wish I could send one of mine to you; I have two from wheelspins already.

I'm below average I had to be AI rammer in the apollo IE event to be remotely hepful to my team

I know it is possible with cars from the vanilla game, but those with access to the DLC cars will have it much easier since the 911 Carrera S goes well into X Class after the V8 Hybrid swap. It can be tricky for less skilled players to achieve 240mph (for the speed trap) in other cars.

That’s how I did it.

The Hoonigan Porsche is a prize from Level 17 Street Scene. Keep grinding away and you'll guaranteed get it.

As for the '04 STi, I wish I could send one of mine to you; I have two from wheelspins already.

I wish they allowed car-gifting. Everytime they come up in the wheel spins I’ve just missed them. Smh.

I wish I could just buy the ‘04 STi. For such a common car it’s very hard to acquire. So is the Hoonigan 911 Turbo.

This is what really bugs me about this locked content system. Cars seemingly at random are locked away behind wheel spins or seasonal events. Meanwhile I'm sitting on a pile of credits with no way to get said cars. I actually landed 1 spot away from the Ford Crown Vic in a regular wheel spin the other day. Then, if I am so lucky as to win the car, I only get one copy because it doesn't unlock in the car shop, meaning I can't have dedicated versions. I don't get it.

This is what really bugs me about this locked content system. Cars seemingly at random are locked away behind wheel spins or seasonal events. Meanwhile I'm sitting on a pile of credits with no way to get said cars. I actually landed 1 spot away from the Ford Crown Vic in a regular wheel spin the other day. Then, if I am so lucky as to win the car, I only get one copy because it doesn't unlock in the car shop, meaning I can't have dedicated versions. I don't get it.

I know the feeling. I have one Crown Vic but want two more myself. The sad part is that they don’t even let you auction them off if you want to get rid of them. I bet they’ll unlock all the cars to be bought after some point like they did in Forza 7. I had 8 super spins and 6 regular spins and the ‘04 STi didn’t appear once. Is that because it can be won this week?

Not first time. There was a 3-star a while back which could be achieved easily with the 812 Superfast, already a very rare car by then.

Even though I own one, I did it in an Aston Martin V12 Vantage but it wasn't easy.

The latter is because of the former. If they allowed you to buy as many as you want, you could just toss a hundred of them on the AH, and then the car is no longer rare.

If you're going to opt for the "locked content" system, as they have, then that's a design no brainer.

The latter is because of the former. If they allowed you to buy as many as you want, you could just toss a hundred of them on the AH, and then the car is no longer rare.

If you're going to opt for the "locked content" system, as they have, then that's a design no brainer.

Very true. It's such a dumb system to have them arbitrarily locked away like that. Call me old-fashioned but I would just lock them according to experience level. The higher the performance/price the higher the level required to unlock it. That way you have something to "work" toward and you achieve it by playing the game. You also get a nice sense of progression by starting with slower cars and working your way up. Forza edition cars and new vehicles can be rewards for special events. To me, that's the real no-brainer.

Very true. It's such a dumb system to have them arbitrarily locked away like that. Call me old-fashioned but I would just lock them according to experience level. The higher the performance/price the higher the level required to unlock it. That way you have something to "work" toward and you achieve it by playing the game. You also get a nice sense of progression by starting with slower cars and working your way up. Forza edition cars and new vehicles can be rewards for special events. To me, that's the real no-brainer.

It's certainly not a bad idea, although Horizon has always gone for more of a "sampler platter" approach to car culture, with stuff from all over the performance spectrum randomly tossed in. I'm honestly not sure if I'd prefer a more traditionally-structured progression or not, though I definitely hope the next game has more... direction?... to it.

Playground are in a bit of a weird spot for FH5, because these games sell better game over game, and are review darlings, meaning there's probably some inherent timidity in fiddling too much with the formula. I just don't want them to do what Bethesda did with Fallout 4, where you go back to the same well one too many times, and suddenly people sour on it. FH4 seems like it got a little close to that invisible line, and I think doing it again would thus fly right over it.

It's certainly not a bad idea, although Horizon has always gone for more of a "sampler platter" approach to car culture, with stuff from all over the performance spectrum randomly tossed in. I'm honestly not sure if I'd prefer a more traditionally-structured progression or not, though I definitely hope the next game has more... direction?... to it.

Playground are in a bit of a weird spot for FH5, because these games sell better game over game, and are review darlings, meaning there's probably some inherent timidity in fiddling too much with the formula. I just don't want them to do what Bethesda did with Fallout 4, where you go back to the same well one too many times, and suddenly people sour on it. FH4 seems like it got a little close to that invisible line, and I think doing it again would thus fly right over it.

Honestly, Playground doesn't give a ****, FH4 is FM7 repeated all over, Microsoft told them to do it and they want to please their new backer to gain more say within XGS.

Only reason FH4 doesn't have microtransactions is that it wasn't possible to implement them in FM7 in the first place. General backlash coupled with media misinformation forced T10 to hold back. PG also held back on it but they must've thought, hey, FM7 crowd didn't like locked cars, but FH3 crowd LUVED our Forzathon shenanigans, so let's up the ante!

Result is a game I play often, which gets them the numbers, but every time I have to do one of their stupid seasonals feels like a chore. I don't even have to buy the game anymore since I sub to Game Pass Ultimate so I'll get the full version of FH5 when it comes out.

I'm scared the Game Pass might make Microsoft do whatever the hell they want with Forza and feed on the most casual among the casual instead of upping their quality, although Phil Spencer did recently name T10 as one of the studios that required more time to fulfill their vision, so it's possible FH4 is the last of the half-hearted efforts Forza has been making in order to remain a yearly franchise.

Honestly, Playground doesn't give a ****, FH4 is FM7 repeated all over, Microsoft told them to do it and they want to please their new backer to gain more say within XGS.

Only reason FH4 doesn't have microtransactions is that it wasn't possible to implement them in FM7 in the first place. General backlash coupled with media misinformation forced T10 to hold back. PG also held back on it but they must've thought, hey, FM7 crowd didn't like locked cars, but FH3 crowd LUVED our Forzathon shenanigans, so let's up the ante!

Result is a game I play often, which gets them the numbers, but every time I have to do one of their stupid seasonals feels like a chore. I don't even have to buy the game anymore since I sub to Game Pass Ultimate so I'll get the full version of FH5 when it comes out.

I'm scared the Game Pass might make Microsoft do whatever the hell they want with Forza and feed on the most casual among the casual instead of upping their quality, although Phil Spencer did recently name T10 as one of the studios that required more time to fulfill their vision, so it's possible FH4 is the last of the half-hearted efforts Forza has been making in order to remain a yearly franchise.

Uh, all of that is certainly a theory. I'm not sure where all of your talk of microtransactions originated from, considering neither game had or has MTX in it - your theory about MTX in FH4 in particular, is basically a supposition built atop another supposition.

And, "Microsoft told them to do it and they want to please their new backer to gain more say within XGS"... what? The Playground acquisition was unveiled in June 2018, 3-4 months before FH4 was released. Ergo, the game was probably in QA testing by then, and not at a point where they could do ANYTHING to "gain more say within XGS", whatever that means from a practical perspective.

So... what exactly did Microsoft tell them to do? On what basis are you declaring that Playground just don't care about their own game?

Calling Forza Horizon 4 a "half-hearted" effort is just so profoundly disrespectful to the sheer amount of work and care that goes into creating one of these games in a mere two years, from concept to completion. A two-year dev cycle means you have to pick your battles, as far as what systems and features you can expand or add, and which you can't. Much like sports titles, it means there's a lot of iteration on an established foundation.

Game devs work some of the longest hours on the planet - often on unpaid overtime - to create things for people to enjoy. And gamers can be some of the worst ingrates on the planet, when it comes to respecting and appreciating that work, even if it has flaws.

I mean...I'm of the opinion that the problems that Playground are having with FH4 are somewhat similar to the same problems DICE are having with Battlefield 5. One game very much is an attempt by the developer to make a few big changes to the general mold, and has the teething problems that sort of thing comes with, and the other game is very much a game that feels more or less the same within the mold that the series has set it itself as, and you can see the stress being placed onto the engine from how hard it's pushing.

Both games share similarities though in how they seem to be having massive problems trying to deal with the new games as a service model, and I mean, I don't blame either sets of developers considering how far they worked into the expansion every quarter with updates semi-frequently to add on.

With all of that said though, there's a whole lot of conjecture in that post that really just sums up, specifically this forum WRT FH4, but also FH4 as a whole - a lot of hyperbole and conjecture to a developer that is very much trying it's hardest to pivot to a new form of how games are made and supported after launch, even compared to 5 or less years ago.

I don't play FH4 much anymore, because I have my own reasons for doing so, but it's really been a massive pain to talk about the game in most any capacity for months now, but the LEGO expansion and the hullabaloo surrounding it really has just added on to it. I think there's a place for criticism with how FH4 has been run since launch - how most of what has been done to make people play the game longer then the usual few months before dropping it hasn't worked, and I'm fairly certain PG is aware of this and is using it to come back swinging with FH5. But to say that Playground doesn't give a ****, or cook up some lies about microtransactions or whatever, feels like a disservice to the developers who are more often then not, as Shakes said, working long as **** hours, crunch and all, and especially now that we're moving towards a GaaS future, and often just get chewed out by players who even though we've gotten so many looks into the general process of how a game is made, still think that it's just a slap dash effort where any Joe Schmoe can do it.

I don't play FH4 much anymore, because I have my own reasons for doing so, but it's really been a massive pain to talk about the game in most any capacity for months now, but the LEGO expansion and the hullabaloo surrounding it really has just added on to it. I think there's a place for criticism with how FH4 has been run since launch - how most of what has been done to make people play the game longer then the usual few months before dropping it hasn't worked, and I'm fairly certain PG is aware of this and is using it to come back swinging with FH5. But to say that Playground doesn't give a ****, or cook up some lies about microtransactions or whatever, feels like a disservice to the developers who are more often then not, as Shakes said, working long as **** hours, crunch and all, and especially now that we're moving towards a GaaS future, and often just get chewed out by players who even though we've gotten so many looks into the general process of how a game is made, still think that it's just a slap dash effort where any Joe Schmoe can do it.

This is absolutely spot on. It's completely fine to be critical of design choices they made, or things they whiffed on - and there's definitely several of those in the game, a few of which they've been trying to clean up since launch.

Where I get my back up, is when people start attributing this to "laziness" or "not caring" on the part of the developers or the studio. Studios survive on the reputation of their games, and developers enter this line of work because they love to make games - and want to make good ones. Sometimes that doesn't wind up being the case in the collision between business and creative interests, but it's not due to just not caring.

FH4 has a staggering amount of new STUFF in it, for a game that only had a two year dev cycle - like it or hate it. It sometimes feels like people don't have the slightest clue as to the realities of game development, and so it's easier to just say the people involved didn't work hard enough, or didn't care enough.

You can save the tunes and switch them even outside of garage, why do you need to have multiple copies so bad? Just collect the wheelspins and it will come. I've played only the seasonal events since start and sold more Crown Vics then I can remember. Which is another way to get the cars. Check the auction house regularly and sooner or later, you'll open it at the right time.

I know the feeling. I have one Crown Vic but want two more myself. The sad part is that they don’t even let you auction them off if you want to get rid of them. I bet they’ll unlock all the cars to be bought after some point like they did in Forza 7. I had 8 super spins and 6 regular spins and the ‘04 STi didn’t appear once. Is that because it can be won this week?
As said above, I've sold more Crown Vics then I can remember, so it's not true you can't sell them. Also got multiple '04 STis. Rare cars don't drop every day, you have to keep spinning.

I've played only the seasonal events since start and sold more Crown Vics then I can remember. Which is another way to get the cars. Check the auction house regularly and sooner or later, you'll open it at the right time.

... Rare cars don't drop every day, you have to keep spinning.
Which would be fine, except PC users have developed scalper programs that automatically buy high-demand cars as soon as they're listed. Kinda makes it a wee bit unfair.

Also, hard to hold that kind of optimism about essentially 'just keep grinding, pal, you'll get one eventually' when you have 350 hours into your gaming profile and still have yet to hit a firewall'd car with a "common" signifier.

You can save the tunes and switch them even outside of garage, why do you need to have multiple copies so bad? Just collect the wheelspins and it will come. I've played only the seasonal events since start and sold more Crown Vics then I can remember. Which is another way to get the cars. Check the auction house regularly and sooner or later, you'll open it at the right time.

As said above, I've sold more Crown Vics then I can remember, so it's not true you can't sell them. Also got multiple '04 STis. Rare cars don't drop every day, you have to keep spinning.

I don't need to have multiple copies so bad, but for a game that preaches "play it your way" so much I find it a bit odd and frustrating that I can't have one version of my favorite car completely stock and another all tuned up. Maybe I want one in sort of a roleplaying style with a specific livery - it's time consuming to swap liveries as there's no way (as near as I can tell) to sort your saved ones (say, by the car you're currently in). This isn't a deal breaker but it is frustrating.

I've played this game almost exclusively since launch (I don't have a lot of free time these days with family and life, but when I do get some time I mostly use it playing FH4) and I've done loads of seasonals and gotten tons of wheelspins. I use the spins as quick as I get them and, you guessed it, I've rarely even seen a Crown Vic let alone gotten one. I've also sat at the auction house resetting the search parameters over and over (why is there no refresh button!?) staring at an empty screen. The few times a Crown Vic has shown up I immediately press on it only to find it's already bought up by someone else. Awesome.

This is all for a car that's not even a real favorite of mine - I just want it for my collection as it's the quintessential modern American police cruiser. I find Playground's system of locking random cars behind seasonals and wheelspins to be illogical at best and downright aggravating at worst.

Uh, all of that is certainly a theory. I'm not sure where all of your talk of microtransactions originated from, considering neither game had or has MTX in it - your theory about MTX in FH4 in particular, is basically a supposition built atop another supposition.

And, "Microsoft told them to do it and they want to please their new backer to gain more say within XGS"... what? The Playground acquisition was unveiled in June 2018, 3-4 months before FH4 was released. Ergo, the game was probably in QA testing by then, and not at a point where they could do ANYTHING to "gain more say within XGS", whatever that means from a practical perspective.

So... what exactly did Microsoft tell them to do? On what basis are you declaring that Playground just don't care about their own game?

Calling Forza Horizon 4 a "half-hearted" effort is just so profoundly disrespectful to the sheer amount of work and care that goes into creating one of these games in a mere two years, from concept to completion. A two-year dev cycle means you have to pick your battles, as far as what systems and features you can expand or add, and which you can't. Much like sports titles, it means there's a lot of iteration on an established foundation.

Game devs work some of the longest hours on the planet - often on unpaid overtime - to create things for people to enjoy. And gamers can be some of the worst ingrates on the planet, when it comes to respecting and appreciating that work, even if it has flaws.

Forza is starved of time right now, someone at Microsoft pushed both studios to keep pumping out the yearly games. Might have had to do with the poor 2017 Xbox had, as Forza was basically the only AAA on the platform that year. This practice made the quality drop. Also in 2017 T10 changed the tone of Forza Motorsport to something closer to Horizon, which backfired greatly since people simply kept playing FH3 instead of "moving on".

Because of this, I admit to being harsh to PG (and T10) but, seriously, whenever I see PG adding stuff to the game I can't help but see corporate mentality plastered all over. This "let's play games together" that took over Xbox as of late. Now, I'm definitely not against that, but Xbox should have ensured there's a healthy environment before pushing it on the players. As it is, we can't turn crossplay off and the only reason the FH devs have backed off on features like Team Adventure was because they saw online attendance plummet due to the backlash they got. Auction House is terrible, communication with other players is done via rudimentary text chat, hackers run amok.

It's hard for PG to do anything when the system is bad enough it can't even block time tweaks, but some of it is the way it is because it's how they intended it to be. Ralph Fulton who is the head honcho of PG's creative direction right now was asked about the AH prior to release and he said it was ok and the fact legend players are able to sell cars at a plus and monopolize the trade was ok because "they had to be rewarded for their work". When the game was released we all saw what happened: people making it to Legendary with simple color paintjobs while the guys who put any form of hard work into their paints were mostly ignored unless they could win contests. There are elite painters who visit GTPlanet and can confirm what I just said. There are people who left because of it.

Regarding the crates thing in FM7, they were never monetized but seriously, only a child would believe it wasn't T10's (and Microsoft's) goal to go that route. After all you could buy mod packs with tokens already in FM6 akin to what you do in Halo and Gears. From watching the streams I'm convinced it was a Microsoft thing that the team didn't feel like doing but they had to because the order came from above. And it hurt the launch since there were people in the press outright lying about mod cards, crates, etc. It hurts the game even today.

PG on the other hand is not only content with adding more exclusive stuff but also added the Playlist to boost online attendance and **** us over by forcing us to play the events to earn the cars... And we only earn one! Coupled with a terrible car trade system, this situation hurts the game more than it helps. You play, you boost the numbers, but you don't enjoy doing it. Forza Horizon is a game for doing whatever you feel like and being told to do stuff sorta goes against it. You can't make any money out of exclusive cars unless you game the system. The FE cars were supposed to be the unicorns but they're so common now that we see these "spotlight" cars surpassing them in rarity. It's completely backwards!

At least this month's cars are pretty good and they're adding some cool bells and whistles to them like unique swaps and other upgradeable parts. There's good and bad in it I suppose. Unfortunately there's people who in their defense of the game try their best to ignore the bad at all costs and that doesn't help the game. The game's not trash but it's not quite up there either and the only reason these flaws aren't as apparent is because the competition is worse.

**** us over by forcing us to play the events to earn the cars...

I'm sorry, how is it screwing us over by making us play the game in order to get the cars?

Hell, the lack of that very thing was one of my bigger gripes about how FH4 was initially set up. I'm much more likely to log in and do some races for a new car than when the event only pays out a minuscule amount of credits.

I really do wonder why some people even play games if they are so against actually playing them.

Back