This Week’s Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Winter Brings a Pair of Pint-Sized Classics

When I was young my dad used to have a Sunbeam Imp Sport which I think was called a Hillman Imp GT in Australiasia. It's all very confusing. Anyway, heavy nostalgia for me.
Funnily enough, internally it's classed as a Sunbeam too.

upload_2019-2-1_2-57-33.png

Very nice! - a great little car with an incredible sporting history - winner of the BSCC (BTCC) three times in a row (1970-72), powered by an engine derived from a Coventry Climax unit and engineered by Mike Parkes (considered by Enzo Ferrari one of the greatest Development Engineer / Test Drivers of all time). However I remember my sisters boyfriends example used to overheat all the time - a great little car plagued by minor faults, cost cutting and quality control issues.

This is what they are like racing - the engine has massive tuning potential - see how this example is able to keep up with Lotus Cortinas, a BMW 1800 and lap a Ford Mustang!

Very nice! - a great little car with an incredible sporting history - winner of the BSCC (BTCC) three times in a row (1970-72), powered by an engine derived from a Coventry Climax unit and engineered by Mike Parkes (considered by Enzo Ferrari one of the greatest Development Engineer / Test Drivers of all time). However I remember my sisters boyfriends example used to overheat all the time - a great little car plagued by minor faults, cost cutting and quality control issues.

This is what they are like racing - the engine has massive tuning potential - see how this example is able to keep up with Lotus Cortinas, a BMW 1800 and lap a Ford Mustang!

They were certainly competitive on the tighter circuits with great traction out of turns, but are very susceptible to dropping oil. Some of the HSCC drivers have developed a 5-bearing block which is potentially more reliable, but can't be used for FIA events.

Back