This would make GT4 perfect (best wish list ever)

1. More cars -

Pre-requisite - the more cars the better, want to see the best road cars, Le Mans cars, touring cars, Rally cars all in there additions would have to be the McLaren, Lambos, Ferraris and any other car that's just 'cool' I wasn't too please with the addition of F1 cars in GT3 as I feel it detracted for the true nature of the game - there are dozens of f1 games around not so many that offer cars like R390 and GT1's though (this didn't stop me using the F1 cars though)

2. More tracks -

Has to be, bring back the missing ones from GT1 and GT2 and add a few more, the more the better.

3. Shorter Races -

10 races of 20 laps is sooo boring, you find yourself doing the same track for 10 laps, 15 laps, 20 laps again and again, gets a bit tedious. For anything other than the endurance races I would not go above 10 laps.

4. Tyre ware -

Needs to be more realistic, in the Monaco Grand Prix on sunday all the drivers stopped between one and three times for tyres in 78 laps, in GT3 7 laps is the most you can get from middle Racing tyres.

5. Oil change -

Getting the oil light come on during an endurance race is lame, should be able to get the oil topped up when tyres are changed.

6. Sounds -

A lot of the engines just aren't fierce enough for me, also a volume control would be nice. Also some Dolby surround action would be nice.

7. Replays -

I never watch 'em. You should select to watch a replay rather than it being thrust upon you.

8. Car design -

Be able to change the colour, also have say 6 points on the car where you can either put an advert (receive money, perhaps cumulative for success) or chose a nice decal - with others available for download (some way of designing them perhaps) With online racing a feature being able to have a unique car is crucial.

9. AI of opponents -

Still lame, it's like they are on tracks following the exact same lines every time.

I love the essence of the games and I wouldn't want to change too much, rather add a few useful aspects and get more of what's good into the game. Curse the people who are suggesting trucks and buses in the game!

Any comments or anything to add?

I think tracks are the most important aspect of a good racing game, or atleast way up there. They need creative and crazy tracks. They also need more real ones.

Another thing is Ferrari and Porsche. These are the two most well know exotic car makers. They need to be included. You can't call a game Gran Turismo and have a trillion versions of the Civic, CRX, adn MX-5 but not include a 355 or 911.

They also need to make the moding part of the game more deep and make it bigger.

Another is the sense of speed. GT1 had the best, while GT3's was so bad I was actually bored when I got it dispite being amazed by the graphics. 150mph should not look like 90.

Engine sounds need to be mroe realistic, this isn't Ridge Racer. A Camaro SS doesn't sound lie that in real life. :P :rolleyes:

I bought GT3 about six months ago and got to only 15% complete then just left it, then a few weeks ago I started playing again and I'm up to 65.4% now.

I just see quite a few small things I would like improved - you watch f1 on TV and the cars screech and howl, they sound so tame in comparison on the game, I imagine that all the other cars sounds aren't fierce enough either.

Yes the game is too slow, at 250 mph things should be a blur, but its not there's no real sense of speed at even 100mph - that's another point I'm from England where the speed signs are all in mph but we get lumbered with kmh speeds, the only way I can know how fast I am going is to use a calculator because kmh means nothing to me.

Yes, there are too many variations of the same car, if there were 500+ cars in the game it wouldn't bother me the fact you end up with about a dozen Evolutions in your garage but it seems to be at the expense of other cars.

What happened to my TVR Cerbera Racing car? - I think it was from GT1 - I loved that car, also the TVR Speed 12 racing car would be nice. Porsches and Ferraris are a must, I think they should try and get all the Le Mans cars and their road versions, the prospect of driving the McLaren sweeeet.

Some cars like the Aston Martins whilst beautiful cars in real life are no use whatsoever in the game due to the weight, we should be able to do something to mod then significantly into racing machines otherwise why bother having them.

Hopefully GT Concept Geneva will be out in a few months to tide us over, alhtough the fact it's only an arcade mode makes me think it will do little more than try and tide us over.

Originally posted by Ax Battler
Hopefully GT Concept Geneva will be out in a few months to tide us over, alhtough the fact it's only an arcade mode makes me think it will do little more than try and tide us over.

The sooner the better, I'd love to take that DualNote for a spin. :) :cool:

I think that many things should go wrong and depending on what u want changed, makes the pit longer or shorter.

Lets say ur body has a dent or something wrong w/ it, or ur spolier falls off, that could be fixed. Oil change....tires....change the driver or soon fatigue/sleepiness takes over....burnt exhuast...abused engine (from to high revs)

I would really like to see the used car lot in the game, they originated the used car lot in the past (GT1 & GT2).

That was a lame excuse skipping used cars in GT3. I hope they would bring it back in GT4. That would be something.

I liked the fact that in GT1 or 2(can't remember which) you could race mod your motor,
and I really would like to be able to put the RUF RGT in gulf livery(like the GT40) or the martini livery from the seventies. :D Bring on GT4.Where hopefully we might see the porsche GT1 in Blue Coral livery. but I doubt it :(

Damn... i need one thing straight... before when we were speculating about GT4 , everybody used to tell , no porsche , no ferrari , no lamborghini , no McLaren , crap EA holds the licenses... but Project Gotham Racing crap game came on crap XBOX , so if crap Microsoft can get licenses for their crap games for their crap console , why can't we have it on the great GT?

Thats what I want to know. I've heard that they tried to get the licenses of the more exclusive names but they were denied. But why is it that those cars appear on Project Gotham like you said? Perhaps the costs were too high? If possible, can someone please explain to me why a car company wouldn't want their car in a racing game. I don't see why when it increases the car's popularity. I wouldn't even have known about Vector, Shelby, Venturi, RUF, and a lot of others if it had not been for GT.

i knew about them but i still find it strange... i also find one other thing strange.. why did i become "active member"? I have a freaken achievement of 0.41 posts a day... so it means i post less than once every 2 days... what's that all about?
Btw i want lamborghini , porsche , ferrari , McLaren , bugatti , italdesign , koenigsegg and all the other supercar makes in GT4 (yes bring venturi and vector back too...)

What I want to see out of GT4 is

-more real tracks
-more competitive AI cars and more of them (never seen a race that had only 6 competitors)
-want it to be more difficult (if you hit a wall head on at 180mph, I want to see the car explode in a flaming fireball like it would in real life -DNF-! The Real Driving Simulator, right?)
-be penalized more for going off the track, not just slowed down by 5mph! (in a real race when a car so much as drops a single tire off the track you can almost guarantee it will be kissing a wall)
-make the really powerful cars harder to get. (I ended up getting a Altezza LM so early in the game that I just smoked everyone and there was no challenge. I could have chosen not to use it but I dont posses that kind of self restraint!)
-bring back the racing conversion, but give me some options on it's paint scheme. (some of the racing paint schemes in GT2 are just down right UGLY)
-ability to add specific parts to your car (when you get a bigger exhaust, let me see that there is a bigger exhaust. Let me buy a front spoiler and then show me that I bought a spoiler by adding it to the car.)
-in a single race in arcade mode, give me a chance to change my settings before the race starts.
-more realistic tire wear, (super soft tires dont even last one lap!)
-let me save more than one GT game to a memory card.
-tougher race restrictions, bring back the HP limit.

I guess when it all boils down, I want it to be extremely difficult. Right now i'm board as heck with GT3.

Originally posted by boombexus

-tougher race restrictions, bring back the HP limit.

how true... right now you can be like still in beginner league , tune one car to like 600+hp , go to superspeedway endurance , win a F1 and then beat 70% of the game with it.... i don't do it , althought it's hard for me , but i try not to use the F1 car.... i finished the game 100% already but i didn't use the F1 car everywhere they will let me with it...

what i want to see in GT4. lots of racing Porsches,the used car section with every used car having a racing body(more than one type),totally trick paint schemes for the racing cars and being able to change the color of the scheme,also being able to change the color of the rims you put on your car to any color you want(like red rims in back with yellow rims in front)just an example with the colors standing out because if all of you have noticed in gt3 there is maybe 3 or 4 white rims that actually look white when your racing and all the other white rims look stinkin grey when your racing,more realistic engine sound,skid marks left on track,your fastest lap time always showing at every track so you have something to shoot for when your racing(this was only in gt1 thats why my days for gt1 is 6473),get rid of tire wear,add more realistic weather conditions,very,very,very,very,very,very,hard AI opponents(they are to slow and boring),i want to see a full field of racing cars in every race(sorry but i have never seen a race with only 6 cars in it),all new race tracks(keep cote'd azur,r11,tokyo246,and deep forest)get rid of rest,get tracks like sebring,la mans,ti aida,suzuka,road atlanta,even have them make up some intense tracks,a must have also would be a slow motion and rewind opotion for replays.well i could go on for ever on this subject but this should do and for any miss spelled words please forgive me.bye the way i am new to this site and this is my first reply hope i get to know a lot of you .

Back