Thought you should all know...

  • Thread starter Thread starter abraham_love
  • 13 comments
  • 1,380 views
Messages
12
...that I had a good night of racing yesterday :dopey: Usually I am pretty poor despite racing every night. I have only completed about 15%.

Yesterday I was intent on winning the infamous Yellowbird that people talk about here, so I picked up a cheap '97 STI Impreza and modded it. It was great fun to drive. Usually I only manage A-Spec points of maximum 15 or so. Yesterday I pulled off a 30/50/70 in the races. I think the 70 was when I came up against the Yellowbird. I was very happy with myself. Decent A-Spec points. A fun drive. A cool prize car :drool:

So then I proceeded to Europe to finish off the German Liga 1 that I had started. I was racing a Golf GTI modded to just under 300hp where I won with some OK A-Spec points. Mostly only in the teens though. Still I was happy to win. I found myself in some good tussles with a BMW M-Coupe (I think).

I know this has been said before - but it's rather frustrating not to know exactly which cars can compete in which races. Can't put an M3 in the Liga1 and in the Boxer Spirit - only RUFs and Imprezas (maybe some other I don't know about).

Anyway - to my surprise after winning the not so difficult Liga1 - the prize car was the BMW M3 GTR Race Car!!! I rule!!! I was very happy to win this after watching the video (found on the net) of the BMW Motorsports driver just ripping it up round the ring. This is a great prize car for a 3 round challenge. I was chuffed. It drives very nicely out of the box - but I'll try some settings tonight that were posted before:
http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61850&highlight=gtr
...to see if it improves anything.

👍

Plenty of stuff you didn't need to know. Still - I'm happy to share it with you :-o
 
Nice to see folks excited about getting better! The more you race the better you get, then, at some point, you start thinking about golding the licenses... once you fall onto the gold trap you are lost to the gt4 gods forever. :dopey: But that's not all bad. 👍
 
abraham_love
Plenty of stuff you didn't need to know. Still - I'm happy to share it with you :-o
NOT at All!!! A "Good Read" plus it's always a pleasure to see someone REALLY enjoying the "Game!" 👍 ...O.G. :D
 
abraham_love
I know this has been said before - but it's rather frustrating not to know exactly which cars can compete in which races. Can't put an M3 in the Liga1 and in the Boxer Spirit - only RUFs and Imprezas (maybe some other I don't know about).

the Boxer Spirit event is for cars only with Boxer type engines, Subaru Imprezas, VW Beetle 1100 standard and RUF are the only cars to my knowledge that have boxer engines (in GT4). the bmw m3 has a straight six engine, which isnt a boxer engine, but you are right some of the European events are confusing to know which car can be used where.

and we didnt mind reading your raceing stories, its better than looking at what people have in their garage
 
bigjoe
Nice to see folks excited about getting better! The more you race the better you get, then, at some point, you start thinking about golding the licenses... once you fall onto the gold trap you are lost to the gt4 gods forever. :dopey: But that's not all bad. 👍

You will not only fall for the gold trap...

Just wait till your first 200 pts victory, you'll definitily want more of those.
And then .... :ouch: :crazy: :nervous: :sly: :dopey:
 
I got like 180 pts in the boxer cup for using an unmodded Impreza Rally Car.
 
Isn't this like the wrong forum? Shouldn't you be putting this under Race Reports? You do mention a lot of results in the Boxer Spirit event..
 
i think you can do the boxer spirit with a vw w12 nardo concept:sly:
 
I'm getting better at racing too. I was pretty good a while ago, but there was a time when my PS2 broke and I couldn't play GT2 and 3. That was a really long time ago. Once my brother got his PS3, I made sure the very first game I got was GT4. I forgot how addicting the GT series can get. Plus, with all the new races and such GT4 has to offer, like the mission halls, it takes me longer to get 100%, so I have more time to have fun. Once I get 100%, I'm going backwards in the series and getting 100% in all of them. I have to pick up GT1 again though.
 
i think you can do the boxer spirit with a vw w12 nardo concept:sly:


Unfortunately, not Boxer Spirit, but you can enter it in Schwartzwald Liga B (the Über-cars events):dopey: . For Boxer Spirit the only vehicles that can enter are various Subaru, Volkswagens (Karmann Ghia and Beetle Type 1100) and the RUF's. Horizontally-opposed engines only.:sly:
 
Unfortunately, not Boxer Spirit, but you can enter it in Schwartzwald Liga B (the Über-cars events):dopey: . For Boxer Spirit the only vehicles that can enter are various Subaru, Volkswagens (Karmann Ghia and Beetle Type 1100) and the RUF's. Horizontally-opposed engines only.:sly:
you are right,its the karmann ghia not the w12 nardo concept:sly:
 
you are right,its the karmann ghia not the w12 nardo concept:sly:

Lol, how can you confuse them two? Lol, they dont look like each other (Unless you know about cars as much as my lil´sister) And the other one goes like stink, and the other is even faster :sly:
 
Lol, how can you confuse them two? Lol, they dont look like each other (Unless you know about cars as much as my lil´sister) And the other one goes like stink, and the other is even faster :sly:

i thought i saw the name in the list of cars that you can drive in boxer spirit:ouch:
 
Back