Thoughts and future

• Thread starter FCWC
  • 4 comments
United States
HSV AL
I told myself to give it a week before posting.
Here are my thoughts on GT6 along with what I think it should be. Etc.

First up is the inclusion of the ability to purchase in game money with real money.
Greed is the essential personality trait of modern society. They may say "it's so that people who don't want to grind it out don't have to". But do they tell you just how much more money they make off of doing this? Do they mention that it changes game dynamics as a whole? NO. "But everyone does it so your **** out of luck. Deal with it." Nickle and Dimed. Just say NO!

Why is it that PD's marketing screamed they had to have a high car # count
to boast about? We don't need 20 versions of the same exact car. (Miata, RX7, S2000, GTR ...) Less BS please.

How can you release a game with old bugs?
Why rebuild something that isn't broke? Are these people really Japanese? I thought they whole heartedly believed in precision without waste? Spending how much time on the Lunar Rover? Sorry but game isn't 360 virtual (Oculus Rift for GT7?) so it was just wasteful time.
Nitrous? Really? Forza 4 are we? Nitrous doesn't effect PP. When they do hack the game it will be worse than in GT5.
Car garage - Stockyard? Fine - but it's removing them from your "in inventory" list/marker in the Dealership. A PITA.
Not allowing to rename and still only allowing 3 custom tunes is BS to. And how the hell do you create a bug into something that already works? (ABC tune name bug)
Changing car stats that are were correct in GT5. (Spoon Civic Type R can NOT be set to it's real world values any longer) Suspension being to limited +/-.

PD push GT as being a simulator and not an arcade game. Running OVER cones? WTF?
If you are a simulator shouldn't you correctly teach people how to drive & tune?
The licenses shouldn't be tied to the specials. They should be strict teaching tools. That one has to pass in order to be able to take part in specific race types.

Synopis on how licenses should be:

Novice: Basic's of how to drive a race car.
This would be standard cone based instructional course where you learn the effects of G.
(G Pad/Slalom) Stopping distances. (how tires effect such) Apex/Clipping point. Etc. You will
be given a mutliple choice test on the things you leanred. No races. Think SCCA instructional
school. Which if you have never been to. Go.

National B: This will include a tunning and driving etique tutorial.
You will learn what makes a car do what and how to correct it. You will then be given more
detailed instructions about how & when to pass and why/how to allow passing. Also
instructions one both tire and fuel saving techniques. After you will have to race 3 races.
Each consecutively harder. If you podium all 3 you can move to A license and allowed to
race online.

National A: This is only mandatory for these specified race types. Can skip but must have for said race types.
Drag Racing: (which should be included) Gives detailed instructions on car setup procedures
(how to tune for) and what each part of the race is. IE Treeing up. ET, breakout, red-light.
Etc. You are tested then race a single race with pass/fail.
Nascar: Will give you tuning procedures specific to Nascar along with instructions on how to
drive in a Nascar race. Single race pas/fail.
Drift: Gives detailed instructions on car setup procedures (how to tune for) along with
driving technigues. We can just include Keiichi Tsuchiya's "Drift King" instruction video! Or
have him do in game one! Single event just like A Spec.

International (A): This will consist 3 different race types. Each with 3 races.
First is karts. Second will be GT. Third will be LMP. Each a progressively faster race type.
You must podium to advance.

Super License (S): You get funademntal overview of the differences between an F1 car along with a review test on prior learned techniques and etiques. Then you must compete and finish 2 races. Must podium to pass and placement has award(s).

So a player must be eligible for International in order to play online.
You will be restricted to racing your license level race types. Don't fidget as most fall under this level. IE typical homogenized street cars. But be warned not all street cars are. IE super cars etc. Those would be IA.

B Spec:
I really don't understand why anyone wants B Spec. It's a waste of time. Again arcade vs simulator.
Now before you guys freak read this. Real race types need to be implemented into GT. Especially Le Mans and Super GT. Where you have mutliple car types on course at same time. Le Mans is always endurance so that is what it is. So it would be cool for the inclusion of race pit crew postion(s) where you can see other racers section/lap times (not watch race) along with seeing your teams car info. (shouldnt be able to see other teams tire ware / gas useage though) But is that pointless? Only thing BSpec was good for is "breaking" in cars. (lazy are we?)

The need for race masrhsals is BIG.
So AI needs vast improvement to play this part. We also need the ability for non racing players to be marshals to be able to inforce rules and regs DURING race. Like making a driver pit/drive through. etc. The inclusion of the Mandatory Pit online is a start but why is it limited? DUMB. So Marshals need ability to "move" about race course. Not the current "fixed" postions pre/post as is now. Ability for quick replay review while race in progress for said player type. Marshals should earn $ for this.

We need the ability to set more detailed specs on a car for online racing.
Also the ability to penalize a single player. IE - weight penalties, HP penalties. Etc. This would be so that we can have better race leagues.(simulator ya know) Restrictions based on HP/kHp.

Tuner cars - these should be pre tuned and NOT adjustable.
Tuned to their real world settings (see above about Spoon Civic Type R) This is for 2 reasons. First - this is what makes them a tunner car (charge companies for inclusion?)
Second - gives you a "correct" tune to base others off of.

Engine Life - why have oil if you cant blow up a motor?
Game needs engine temp, oil temp, water temp, etc. You shouldn't be able to just redline or missshift with having issues.
Tire temps as well. The new tire guage is worse than GT5.
Also - If tires have no traction and are over heated (which is what RED inidcates) how can they
instantaniously have 100% traction and flip the car 180% like your steering is completely turned?
Super advanced would be to add tire pressure(s) to game. Allow flat tires. Blow outs. (that should be fun to watch) but not holding breath on this one. That is allot in itself.

Car views.
Simulator VS Arcade. First a big FU to whom ever made the in car view only work correctly if you have a 3 monitor system to play on!. WTF is that BS. And they still didnt change it! Ughghg. Its like one eye has partial sight with my chin almost reseting on the horn.
To be honest the view point shouldnt be set in stone. You should start from the real point of view (POV) and be able to use the cursor to set it to any point up/foward/down/rear from it. Not side to side and yes it would mean side specific IE right or left hand drive. Or even Center for F1/LMP or other such cars. So you can still get the views you have now.
Note that the need to force game view for a particular race would need to be included. IE I would force in car view. (if said view was full - not as is now. )

Also be able to not allow automtics.
and to be able to set Clutch type only. That makes a BIG difference in racing. If a car didnt come with sequential tranny. Shouldnt be allowed. Least stock form. Built/tuned form fine. Again don't feak - Im saying for server to have the ability if THEY wish.

Steering wheel full lock should be adjustabble. (in game setup)
Also - why the hell they get rid of in car changes instead of adding to it. Breaks, dampers, ride height, LSD. All should be changeable IN CAR IN GAME. Just like real life.

As I mentioned at start.
I am really against the purchasing of in game credits but I understand the need for revenue. To aid in that and also to promote more social interaction they should allow for the creation of race teams. You can register a "team name" for x$. This allows you to create your team "colors /livery" both for car and racing suite. The person who creates team gets this and can allow anyone they want to join BUT each additional team member pays a small fee ($1.99?) to register as a driver for said team. I would set a MAX allowed # members. Say 10.
Combine that with the addition of real Le Mans /GT race events.
You have it so you have driver changes just like real life. 24H Le mans or Nurburg are just that. No pauses or games saves. 1 straight race. Driver 1 races for 3/4 hours then changes off.
PD should host some of these races. To be streamed real time for others to watch. (do it like a broadcast TV show)

Also they could generate revenue via advertising.
This could happen in various ways. The first, and one I would like to see implemented, is by the introduction of after market parts. From breaks, turbo's, suspension, tires. etc. It would give us more tuning possibility along with a "deeper" realness to the game. Second could be actual adverts on tracks.
Why leave them the same? Some are trademarks / hallmarks of a course but most are meant to be changed.

I highly doubt any of these things will even see it into GT7.
Which is unfortunate. It would be about the only way I would purchase a PS4.
As is, I can only hope the updates we will see in the first quarter of 2014 will at least make me feel like GT6 was a good purchase. As is it feels like a slap in the face.

Haven't read all of this but...

How can you release a game with old bugs

Software development is how. If you start from scratch, and write stuff again you always stand to risk this. You didn't actually say what bugs you found though, and most of the stuff you listed doesn't come under the bugs category. You have listed either design decisions that you disagree with, or omissions of features/content. These are not bugs. You did list the stockyard problem, but ironically, that's a new one :)

Nitrous - it was in GT4 years ago. Not really a case of a Forza 'me too'.

Your comment about B Spec - I find that confusing. At the moment, it isn't in GT6...

I think it would be cool if PD release a driving game on Sony Online Entertainment. Just a really really boring driving simulator! Oh wait they have done that for the last 15 years!

It seems that GT6 doesn't fit your style. A game that disappoints you at so many facets and levels is one that you shouldn't play. If I had so many issues with a game (Skyrim when it first came out on console) I would just go and return it or stop playing it for a while. GT6 as of now is a growing investment, we should give it a few months so as to allow it to fully mature.

As of now, I wouldn't even consider GT6 to be halfway completed with content. GT5 after a good amount of updates had over 30 seasonals, a good track editor, improvements all around, glitches were harder to come by, and B Spec. GT6 is the same thing, give it some updates.

I think you are overblowing the simulation part a little bit. I agree with your tuning car to a certain extent, but its a Driving Simulator, so more of a focus on the physics and feel of driving as to being a Car Simulator, whereas things like oil temperature and pumping your tires and all that. With tuning cars, it would be cool to have pre tuned, but PD just used the tuner cars as just car modeling and left the tuning blank.

What I enjoy is tuning the car myself, its not that hard to do, and some people can handle certain cars stock, others can't, having a tune to "base" it off of, that would only work for some people. Everyone drives differently.

I had a reverie the other day; Kazunori passed away & Sony put PD up for sale. I won the Euro Millions & bought it off them! :lol: Then I went about making them fix everything that was wrong with the series (as listed here on GT Planet), taking out all the mind numbing nonsense, & turning it into a proper motorsport simulation. It was a nice thought, except the part about Kaz dying of course.

You have some good innovative ideas. 👍

Back