Thoughts on buying a low mileage car

• Thread starter Celicaas
  • 4 comments
Kuwait
Kuwait
Hi all , i am willing to buy a 30 year old low mileage nissan primera 1989 with 63 336 km on the clock for 2600 USD ,the owner says he says he just bought it from a family who have bought it new and kept it In a mint condition , is it a good car to buy ? , does it have parts available considering its age ? , and because of its low mileage and its a nissan can it be daily driven ??

Last edited:
If you are buying a car and aren’t familiar with that specific model, I would pay a mechanic to perform a pre-purchase inspection so you know for sure what you are buying.
63,000km is very good for the car’s age. I would ask the owner for the vehicle’s history like the CarFax as well as the vehicle’s maintenance records to see how often maintenance was performed. If all checks out, I’d say go for it.
Also, do you get a lot of snow where you live? Do they also salt the roads? If so, I wouldn’t use the car in winter. Buy a winter beater and drive the Primera the other seasons unless you don’t mind corrosion.

If you are buying a car and aren’t familiar with that specific model, I would pay a mechanic to perform a pre-purchase inspection so you know for sure what you are buying.
63,000km is very good for the car’s age. I would ask the owner for the vehicle’s history like the CarFax as well as the vehicle’s maintenance records to see how often maintenance was performed. If all checks out, I’d say go for it.
Also, do you get a lot of snow where you live? Do they also salt the roads? If so, I wouldn’t use the car in winter. Buy a winter beater and drive the Primera the other seasons unless you don’t mind corrosion.
fortunately i don't leave in a winter wonderland but a country full of sand and dirt so no street on salt or rust issues , but i had something troubling i noticed today while passing by the car .

(its a neighbour's car so it is parked )

It has what looks like black oil with small metallic flakes spot below the front bumper , i have put my hands under the bumper i think its dripping old oil , does that mean it just needs oil change with a filter or the engine is going out

Update : Apparently this guy has bought the car for 1140 and now his selling it for 2600

Last edited:
So he doesn't want it, he's hoping to flip it.

Oil with metal in it? Not no, but Hell, no!

Back