Thoughts on Free-For-All Adventure?

Canada
Canada
Just thought it might be interesting to see what everyone here thinks of the new online mode.

I've not had a ton of time with it yet, but in the few I've done, the quality of the racing seemed much better than Team Adventure used to be. I'm guessing this is because FFA Adventure probably appeals to more competitive racers, instead of the fools who can't drive, or whose response to seeing an opposing driver on their screen, is to try and run it off the road.

Matchmaking also seems to be much faster than the team mode.

Anyone else spent much time with it? Thoughts?

Team adventure was strangely clean the past 2 nights, FFA was a bit mixed so far.

5 races for 35k sure gets old either way.

Team adventure was strangely clean the past 2 nights, FFA was a bit mixed so far.

5 races for 35k sure gets old either way.

I find it takes a while to even find a team adventure group now, whereas FFA adventure takes about 20 seconds.

The main gripe I have about these adventures is car selection and tuning, or the complete lack of it.

1. No choice of class entered at all. Tied to number 2, this makes you choose between having multiple copies of a car or truck if you want it to be ready for an adventure.

2. Tuning. Yes you can tune a car, but best believe it needs to be already built for the class that you have no choice about. A RWD and 4WD version of a given vehicle could mean "needing" up to 4 cars pre-built for FFA. (Or team)

3. 40 seconds to pick a car, sounds like a lot, but given you can easily have 2-3x that many cars in a class, you might need to check 2-3 cars per second to look through and find one, especially a new creation you might not be familiar with where it is in the order.

4. You can still win the most by cheating the best. Ride walls and knock people around to win. Sure speed can work, but ramming is more effective overall.

5. Freeroam Rush starting points.
I can't say how many events I have lost or finished poorly in, just because FR started me facing an oddball direction. (Any direction the map arrow didn't indicate)

6. Still nothing lower than A class.
Nuff said.

7. Points are a bit wonky. 1st place nets bonus points, which is great, but it feels like consistency isn't as rewarding as it could be. Given the nature of the game and online to bum-rush races like it's 1999, a point setup that rewards consistency would be great.

I had a go last night and it wasn't to bad. The start of the race was bumper cars nearly every time but towards the end when the decent drivers got away the racing was pretty clean. Was having close races until someone showed up in a boneshacker and dominated.
I still don't like the rush events or whatever they are called when its a street racing event.

Back