Thrashing DiRT Rally 2.0's BMW M1 Procar is an Absolute Blast

This car needs to be in more games, looks amazing love those 70s lines. Italian design and German engineering is a match made in heaven look at all new lambos

This car needs to be in more games, looks amazing love those 70s lines. Italian design and German engineering is a match made in heaven look at all new lambos
Oh for sure. She's one of the most popular cars in one of the current Sims out now ;).
maxresdefault (2).jpg

Huh, for all the talk about its sound, Codemasters missed the mark, I think.

The rally efforts were all effectively re-purposed Procar machines. To me it shows that developers are still struggling to balance the mixing needs for internal and external views.

Nice to have such a niche machine in the game, though.

Hoping for some more oddball rally cars to show up after this. I only tried the M1 briefly but it was a lot of fun and seriously hardcore with it's sounds and rear end going all over the place. Just get a sense that they'd take any car racing back in those days.

I recall reading somewhere (maybe the official CM forum?) that the sound currently used in-game is a placeholder and they were working on getting a proper recording of the actual car and patching it in in the near future.

You may have read it in this article:
https://www.gtplanet.net/dirt-rally-2-0-season-1-opel-manta-bmw-m1/
‘Codemasters has stated the M1’s engine note in today’s update is not the final version. Its proper singing voice will arrive in a patch next week. Update 1.3 is also on the horizon, which will feature numerous bug fixes.’

Latest Posts

Back