Thread of GT Related & SEMA Awards Replicas!

• Thread starter alba
  • 27 comments

alba

Into very fine pixels.
Premium
United States
Rockford, MI
dw-alba
WORK IN PROGRESS!

CURRENT:

JR Rocha Infinity High End Performance G37 '07

HPA Motorsport Audi TT '07

FINISHED:

#14 Nissan 350Z GT Academy GT4 Race Car '08
4207861304_fdcb87e7a0.jpg

4207101379_a9f075d278.jpg

4207101131_54b212bf4d.jpg

(Thanks Chronos for the pictures!)

Nissan 370Z GT Academy Road (Red) '10
4199916911_aec3f767ca.jpg

(Thanks Chronos for the picture!)

Nissan 370Z GT Academy Tuned (Black) '10
370Z_tuned_001.jpg

370Z_tuned_002.jpg

370Z_tuned_003.jpg

Alright so I've updated this thread to better reflect the things I'm going to be working on and what I'm already working on as of now *:-)

Last edited:
It really sucks that the official GT4 website doesn't have any high res pictures :(

Thanks Moglet! :)

I can't seem to decrypt the text on the license plate area :embarrassed:

Hahaha, thanks :D

It's weird that I have lots of reference pictures now but the livery keep changing for some reason, first the left side is not the same as the right one then now they're the same etc. PS3 Branding changed so I guess I'll have to adapt it a bit to work.

Last edited:
I'm almost done just like 5 logos/symbols left to do but I cannot figure them out for the life of me, help me out guys! :P

350Z_GT_Academy_help2.jpg

Ok I'm all done, just missing those logos but I guess I won't be able to decrypt them or find any high res picture online sadly :embarrassed:

Thank you Chronos!! Time to fix that up now :embarrassed: (Not clue how you figured those out but thanks!) Let me know if you find any more. I just need like the 3 at the bottom :)

EDIT: I should've found that lucas had a website with pictures and sponsors, good catch :P

Last edited:
You could get the rest if you could find some HD or good quality videos.

All the races were filmed and shown in the GT academy series. There's lot of close ups with car in the pit, drivers sat near the car being interviewed and other close up camera work.

62508760.jpg

Just got this pic from http://www.lucasordonez.com/ but not all sponsors are listed.

Next to the rear quarter light (meaning window) is JFG Junior Fashion Group

Those lower logos look like car parts but could be anything. Looks like Fp or something. Black logo looks like a car part. Some HD vids could show them.

EDIT: I watched a spa video on youtube and dnoise and extra room were shown very close. Went to the lucas site and they're on there :lol:

I'd like to watch them all if in good quality. I missed a few when aired on UK TV.

Hope GT5 has a decent livery editor with higher res.

Last edited:
Ok I almost figured out the top side logo it's "JFG"
"Junior F.... Group" I can't figure out the F part :embarrassed:

350Z_GT_Academy_help3.jpg

Any idea?

Federation maybe but i'm not sure...

I put it in my previous post alba. JFG is Junior Fashion Group. 99.99% sure it is unless you don't think so?

oh sorry got it. Ok so all I have left is the red cirdle with "FP" or a 6 maybe? and then the 3 angled bars in red and the black rectangle with a circle next to it, just need to figure out those 3 :)

Also bottom right.

S2 Technology ....? can't figure out the last word :P

Last edited:
Glad I could help :D Still trying to figure out myself what the red bars are I'm sure I've seen it before somewhere.

Last edited:
Ok so I made them look (the only two left I had) as close as possible to what it looks like on my high-res picture and that'll do it for now until I can figure it out for real (doubt that'll happen though).

I'm done right now, all I need is to do pictures of it so I can show you guys. The livery changed quite a bit over the season I guess with the PS3 rebranding and some of the sponsors logo come and go so I tried to combine them properly to have the best possible livery overall. Also added a little RJN Motorsport on the backside to have a nice split with the 350Z sign and Nissan logo since they're not present on the race car but we can't remove them so no choices there.

Alright so, I'm posting it on my storefront right now and I'm gonna message Chronos see if he can make a few pictures for me since he's so good at it :P

Should've got that shock absorber one. I thought it was a car part but just couldn't remember. I've fitted other makes of shocks like monroe. I'm aware of bilstien.

Might watch a few videos to see the other two.

Hope I can do some good pics alba. Some many good pic takers here.

Last edited:
350Z GT4 is out on my storefront, go grab it, I'm gonna take a few random picutres now just to show it until we get the awesome one of Chronos :P

For me finding the source pictures is the funnest part of painting replicas. But it does get frustrating after awhile of fruitless searching.

Yeah, I love remaking logos with basic shape, it's really a fun thing to do and trying to make it look perfect using the smallest layers available :P

Btw, I just added Chronos pictures to the OP so it's all in there!

Back