Threads with images shift involuntarily

• Thread starter Techy
  • 4 comments
United States
Florida
gtamann123
I follow/watch a couple of threads on this forum, and a couple of them are pretty image heavy, such as the Tasteful Modifications thread. Whenever I click on the notification that new replies are in the thread, the newest reply/post gets shifted down so I end up way above the thread. Even threads with just a few images get shifted from the newest post. So in retrospect I have to precisely scroll to the newest post, of the first post that says "New". It's a tad infuriating.

I'm using Chrome 55. And if it helps I am also browsing with a 1440p monitor with no zoom or Windows DPI scaling.

I have this problem on my android mobile device, using the latest version of chrome. Usually happens bad in the "Show Off Your Latest Purchase" thread.

If you wait for all of the images and other content to load (could be a while) it should then snap back to the first unread once the page is 100% loaded. That is just how page rendering works.

If you wait for all of the images and other content to load (could be a while) it should then snap back to the first unread once the page is 100% loaded. That is just how page rendering works.

Sadly it doesn't do that. It looks like it just hangs there waiting to snap back but it's not even close to doing it..

Happens all the time for me, and it's worse on my phone. Instead of scrolling to the correct post, I usually tap at the top of the screen (where the time is displayed) which takes me to the page's top, then tap "Go to First Unread."

Back