• Thread starter Le_Manuz
  • 10 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Le_Manuz
Dear Mr Yamauchi san,

is possibylity of displaying the inside/center/outside temperature of tyre
being discussed at PolyPhony Digital ?
will it be implemented in one of the next "Big Updates" ?

they are crucial data to be able to setup correctly the suspension of a car

if the current visual in-game representation could be spread out to be able to show that
it would be awesome

by the way is there problems to implement the old GT5 tyre load on gt6 ?

Regards

As far as i know the camber ist still not working. That means that the fastest setup is aslways with camber “0”. As long as PD do not fix that the temperature data of the tyres are senseless. In games like rfactor you see the temperatures and you can react on that data by change the camber or tyre pressure, but in this point GT behave like an old arcade racing game. Sad but true…..

Well, to be honest, GT started as an upscale arcade racer.....

But, we are to the point where TRUE tuning is wanted, and almost needed.

That is why I want tuning for each point of the car. This is actually a step beyond that.

If camber doesn't work properly 8 months into the game, having tire temperatures across the contact patch is kind of pointless as well. PD needs to focus on getting things already in the game working properly, rather than piling features on top of broken elements of the game. Don't get me wrong it'll be a great feature to have if it works and I'll enjoy the heck out of it in Project Cars when tuning, but they need to get camber working properly before adding something like this.

I've noticed handling improvements with judicious camber tuning myself. Maybe it still needs some attention, which is entirely possible, GT6 isn't perfect after all.

But if any of you guys know a perfect racer, do let me know. :D

i remember my first car tuning experience on indy 500, it was a joy to do it
it was on a XT 8MHz with 4Mb ( or maybe only 1Mb ? ) of memory far away from the power of a PS3
nearly 23 years ago ^-^

I saw an Indy game decades ago, myself. Only three cars, and you could alter pretty well everything... It was interesting, but would have been nicer with a wheel.... ;)

As far as i know the camber ist still not working. That means that the fastest setup is aslways with camber “0”. As long as PD do not fix that the temperature data of the tyres are senseless. In games like rfactor you see the temperatures and you can react on that data by change the camber or tyre pressure, but in this point GT behave like an old arcade racing game. Sad but true…..
I've found that camber does add grip when you use conservative amounts of it.

The whole suspension in GT does not work properly,it"s almost arcade!
I wonder why 9 months passed and we have not received the KW 7-post test suspension system?
Probably because they can"t make it to work like real suspension.

Back