Throttle blipping - mind of its own.

  • Thread starter Thread starter mAce1974
  • 7 comments
  • 900 views
Messages
10
United Kingdom
Llanelli
Messages
mAce1974
Hi,

I have started to notice that my throttle won't stay on 100% even though I've got no aids on (apart from ABS)? When driving down a straight the throttle will blip and drop to as low as 60%? I'm noticing this when racing online.

I'm using a G27 wheel, set on simulation, FF 8.

Is this normal?
 
As DeifieD said, it sounds like your pedals you may have to clean the potentiometers. I actually changed one of mine before the following guide came up.

Not a massive job but can be a little daunting if you're not comfortable doing things like that.

Here is good guide to what is the probable problem with a fix for it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-g25-g27-pedal-pontentiometers.247510/

However if it's only online though then this may not be the problem. Try switching to your pad while online to see if you have the same result.

Hope you get it sorted.
 
Thanks, I switched to the pad and the throttle was fine. I will clean potentiometers and post results. Fingers crossed.
 
Thanks, I switched to the pad and the throttle was fine. I will clean potentiometers and post results. Fingers crossed.


If that doesn't work, then just swap the throttle pot & clutch pot. I did that when my brake pot, sorted out all issues I was having.
 
I have followed the guide above and it seems to have resolved the problem. It was quite easy to follow, I would recommend that anyone who attempts it should make sure they have a clear work area, and take plenty photos of the process as you dismantle so you can check where everything goes back into place.

I did look at the swap option, but I noticed that the potentiometers for the clutch and brake had a slightly different serial number to the one on the throttle. Can anyone confirm this for future sufferers?

Thanks for all the help guys.
 
I have followed the guide above and it seems to have resolved the problem. It was quite easy to follow, I would recommend that anyone who attempts it should make sure they have a clear work area, and take plenty photos of the process as you dismantle so you can check where everything goes back into place.

I did look at the swap option, but I noticed that the potentiometers for the clutch and brake had a slightly different serial number to the one on the throttle. Can anyone confirm this for future sufferers?

Thanks for all the help guys.

I did this a while back with my G25. If I remember correctly, the brake and clutch use one type of pot and the gas uses the same (or reasonably close) value, but with a different taper, meaning the response would be different (more or less "action to throw"). I am fairly certain you'd be fine swapping them around, and you can also pick up a replacement at Radio Shack and other similar stores.

The serial number on a pot will only tell you the manufacturer and the month/year of manufacture.
 
I have followed the guide above and it seems to have resolved the problem. It was quite easy to follow, I would recommend that anyone who attempts it should make sure they have a clear work area, and take plenty photos of the process as you dismantle so you can check where everything goes back into place.

I did look at the swap option, but I noticed that the potentiometers for the clutch and brake had a slightly different serial number to the one on the throttle. Can anyone confirm this for future sufferers?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Really glad to hear you've fixed the problem.
 
Back