Throttle input issue - need help - solved

• Thread starter dfspires
  • 12 comments
Brazil
Brazil
So, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue.
My throttle, most of the time, is not reaching lack of input, like, there's always throttle, sometimes flickering through turns.
It affects both my logitech g29 and ds4, as you can see on videos below.

On both videos, I am pressing only the brakes.
It is a software issue and it happens only on gts, on Formula 1 all inputs are normal. It affects my 3 accounts.
I think it has been going on for more than a month, I thought gts changed engine sounds on downshifting after some update, I noticed it for real yesterday.
I tried these fixes, in this order:
I rebuilt the database.
I uninstalled and installed gts.
I deleted and downloaded the save game.
At first, it seemed to have come back to normal (gts allows you to play during download), on my second test, game not yet fully downloaded, the issue got back, both on ds4 and logitech g29.
I am out of ideas on how to solve this, it affects the turning and affects randomly more or less each time, it happens more often than it doesn't.
If I let go off the throttle rapidly, it happens less often, what makes me think it could be like a calibration issue.
If I let the car slow down to a halt, the issue comes if I press the brake, if I don't, the issue does not kick in.
So, anyone?

One more information, actually, it seems to be RPM related, it kicks in on different speeds depending on the gear, on the wheel, for some reason, it kicks in on higher revs than the ds4.

I don't think it's the game unless it's affecting a lot of people who've either not reported it or haven't noticed it yet.

Seems like it's a calibration issue. Ignoring the G29, have you tried it with more than one DS4?

Tbh seems like an unfortunate mechanical problem rather than a software one.

^Yes, did you still have your G29 plugged in while you were testing the DS4?

I had to spray contact cleaner into the pots on my G25 pedals back in the day, but that was after years of use and was noticed in multiple games.

I solved it tweeking the throttle pedal to a different start point, i put some papers under it to leave it's starting point a tiny bit later. It also corrected the ds4 issue.
My conclusion: there is calibration, like the pedal, from time to time during racing. So, my pedal and ds4 were acting different lap to lap cause they were always calibrating, plus, for some reason, the pedal calibration affects the ds4 calibration.
After I tweeked the pedal, I think the difference from lap to lap vanished, like, the software found a calibration and kept it. I had consistency issues with the wheel, I wouldn't race it for fear. From one day to another, confortably raced more than 20 races with great consistency.

I don't think it's the game unless it's affecting a lot of people who've either not reported it or haven't noticed it yet.

Seems like it's a calibration issue. Ignoring the G29, have you tried it with more than one DS4?

I think it affects but people don't notice it, people who struggle for consistency. It took me 3 months to notice it, I think the g29 calibration affected ds4, most people don't race with both, so they wouldn't notice.
The tweek I did on g29 corrected the ds4 issue. It is nonsense their calibration algorhythm.

^Yes, did you still have your G29 plugged in while you were testing the DS4?

I had to spray contact cleaner into the pots on my G25 pedals back in the day, but that was after years of use and was noticed in multiple games.
I tested with g29 on and off, beats me why, it also happened with g29 off, from startup.
Beats me even more, it seems to have stoped after I tweeked the g29 pedal.

Last edited:
Long story short: the gts considered the 0 point of throttle pedal a little later, the point before that was viewed as pressed, it affected the R2 ds4 button. GTS only, Formula 1 was normal.
After I put a few pieces of paper to leave the pedal where the gts considers it, the ds4 issue was solved.
I raced for hours with a consistency I never had before on the wheel, clocked 1 37 4 gr4 on interlagos, my best on wheel prior was 1 38 5, during the same hours of training.
Still, no issues in other games, reinstalling didn't solve the need for the tweek on the pedal.
Probably more people are affected, I am guessing people who have difficulties transitioning from ds4 to wheel, I had it for 3 months, it was magic one day to the other.

I think it affects but people don't notice it, people who struggle for consistency. It took me 3 months to notice it, I think the g29 calibration affected ds4, most people don't race with both, so they wouldn't notice.
The tweek I did on g29 corrected the ds4 issue. It is nonsense their calibration algorhythm.
Hmm.... I should try that and see if it makes a difference

Yes, both ds4 were affected, I reset them also, still the same.

I'm now using the G29 but I had the same problem with the G27. Tried everything and eventually had to buy replacement pedals online,$29. No problems after that.

What is ds4?

I'm now using the G29 but I had the same problem with the G27. Tried everything and eventually had to buy replacement pedals online,$29. No problems after that.

What is ds4?
DS4 is the pad.
It is fine, now, it is not the pedal, though, in other games it is just fine, I can't explain, what matters now is it is working great.

Back