Throttle on Dualshock not going to the top

  • Thread starter Thread starter PSN:And-War
  • 8 comments
  • 884 views
Messages
850
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

So I mainly play on a Dualshock now and not my Wheel sadly, and noticed that some time when I’m on a straight and I have my finger down all the way on the R2 Trigger, the accelerator market on the screen does not go all the way to the top, this does not happen all the time, I have tried turning off TC, AC etc. but this is still happening is anyone else having this issue?

Thanx
 
I have heard about this. What I have heard is that this is a problem with your Dualshock 4 controller.
 
The problem is the silicon contact between the trigger and the contact pad is probably a bit worn. What I did was open up the controller and slipped in a piece of cardboard between the trigger and the silicon pad. Took a few tests to get the thickness right. Works flawlessly since.

Alternately buy a new DS4 if you aren't comfortable with opening it up yourself.
 
This is a common issue with DS4 controllers. I noticed mine had lost 20% of its strength while playing Driveclub. I bought another controller to see if the problem would be solved, but it didn't.
That's why I use a Nacon Revolution Pro Controller nowadays.
 
I had this when I played a load of ride 2, eventually I had to absolutely ram the trigger down to get 100%, hurt my fingers. Bought a new one (along with a pro) and all is well.
 
I had this when I played a load of ride 2, eventually I had to absolutely ram the trigger down to get 100%, hurt my fingers. Bought a new one (along with a pro) and all is well.

I like this - will run it by the missus:

Me: "Can I get a new controller for the PS4?"
Her: "How much is it?"
Me: "£350 but I get a free PS4 Pro with it!"
 
Could be simply resetting the pad on the back. Worked when my stick kept going left.
 
Back