Thrustmaster T-248 brake pedal is stuck on. Please help with some advice.

United States
United States
So I’ve been racing in Sport Mode for 2mo. I quickly moved up to C DR and S SR.. then I decided I needed to use 2 feet to control the brake and gas at the same time (easier to trail brake with 2 feet). Well long story short I felt I had much better control BUT my lap times and my race standings really really suffered.. also everyone (everyone) was ramming me so I watched a re-play of some of my races.. my brake light was on throughout the entire race. Race after race the result was the same. Brake light on. So I realized I was resting my left foot on the brake pedal just enough to register the brake light but not enough to register braking in the onscreen indicator. So my question is.. Can I increase (yes Increase) the deadzone on my brake pedal? Any advice would be welcomed.. and if we’ve race (MotorHammer GT7) your welcome for letting you pass if you were faster! Lol

I have the same wheel, I don't think think it's possible to change the deadzone on console. I also often rest my foot on the brake but have not had this problem. I have installed the stiffer black spring into the brake pedal though, maybe try that if you have not already?

Don't forget to update your T248 steering wheel with the latest firmware V2.

Process (must be done on Windows 10 or 11) :

Changes made in new Firmware version [V2.00]:
# Added a new features with the MODE BUTTON (FORCE function)
The FORCE function for the T248 screen allows you to adjust in real time (= directly in race) all the racing wheel's force effects from 20% to 100%.
# Added some features with the MODE BUTTON (AUTO in ROTATION).
# Fixed an issue with the DISPLAY BUTTON.
# Fixed an issue with the RESET feature.
# Fixed an issue with the 2 magnetic paddle shifters (Up and Down).

# Fixed an issue with the T3PM pedal set (when connected to the T248 base).
# Fixed an issue with the T-LCM pedal set (when connected to the T248 base).

Last edited:
As far as I know, the T-3PM that belong to the T248 have no possibility of a subsequent configuration. That would mean foot off the brake pedal... or you upgrade to the T-LCM. You can freely configure everything with these pedals.

Don't forget to update your T248 steering wheel with the latest firmware V2.

Process (must be done on Windows 10 or 11) :

Changes made in new Firmware version [V2.00]:
# Added a new features with the MODE BUTTON (FORCE function)
The FORCE function for the T248 screen allows you to adjust in real time (= directly in race) all the racing wheel's force effects from 20% to 100%.
# Added some features with the MODE BUTTON (AUTO in ROTATION).
# Fixed an issue with the DISPLAY BUTTON.
# Fixed an issue with the RESET feature.
# Fixed an issue with the 2 magnetic paddle shifters (Up and Down).

# Fixed an issue with the T3PM pedal set (when connected to the T248 base).
# Fixed an issue with the T-LCM pedal set (when connected to the T248 base).
Ok..so I took me a little time to get my hands on a laptop with Windows 10/11 but.. this totally worked. Thanks a million! Now what can I do to adjust my anxiety while I’m in a podium spot during the race??? Lol

So I’ve been racing in Sport Mode for 2mo. I quickly moved up to C DR and S SR.. then I decided I needed to use 2 feet to control the brake and gas at the same time (easier to trail brake with 2 feet). Well long story short I felt I had much better control BUT my lap times and my race standings really really suffered.. also everyone (everyone) was ramming me so I watched a re-play of some of my races.. my brake light was on throughout the entire race. Race after race the result was the same. Brake light on. So I realized I was resting my left foot on the brake pedal just enough to register the brake light but not enough to register braking in the onscreen indicator. So my question is.. Can I increase (yes Increase) the deadzone on my brake pedal? Any advice would be welcomed.. and if we’ve race (MotorHammer GT7) your welcome for letting you pass if you were faster! Lol
You must update your T-248 wheel and pedal set through Windows 10/11… it was confusing for me but with a little help from a friend I was able to update everything and no issues anymore!

Back