Thrustmaster T-GT Brake Deadzone

Kuwait
Kuwait
My brake spring recently broke and I replaced it with the clutch brake spring and I thought it would work fine.

I'm noticing that there is a 15% deadzone for the brake which is quite annoying. Is anyone facing this issue with the T-GT?

Another question, if the issue isn't from the spring, am I able to switch the brake pedal with the clutch? If yes how?

My brake spring recently broke and I replaced it with the clutch brake spring and I thought it would work fine.

I'm noticing that there is a 15% deadzone for the brake which is quite annoying. Is anyone facing this issue with the T-GT?

Another question, if the issue isn't from the spring, am I able to switch the brake pedal with the clutch? If yes how?
It won't be the spring that's causing it as I've swapped out springs many times without issue. It's more likely to be the way you've meshed the gears on the pedal to the potentiometer gear.

Watch this as a comparison (he also re-aligns the cogs):

Another little thing it can be, something that caught me out once :embarrassed:, make sure you restart everything to re-calibrate.

And yes, as far as I know, the pedals are interchangeable as well, the video above will help with that too. It's really as simple as just unplugging the wires from the potentiometers (or from the board itself) and swapping the whole pedal unit.

V
It won't be the spring that's causing it as I've swapped out springs many times without issue. It's more likely to be the way you've meshed the gears on the pedal to the potentiometer gear.

Watch this as a comparison (he also re-aligns the cogs):

Another little thing it can be, something that caught me out once :embarrassed:, make sure you restart everything to re-calibrate.

And yes, as far as I know, the pedals are interchangeable as well, the video above will help with that too. It's really as simple as just unplugging the wires from the potentiometers (or from the board itself) and swapping the whole pedal unit.

very informative thanks. I think it's the gears also since I did reset my tgt. Do you know how I can reset the gears back to stock? I think this is the issue.

V

very informative thanks. I think it's the gears also since I did reset my tgt. Do you know how I can reset the gears back to stock? I think this is the issue.
No worries 👍.

At about the 35:46 mark in the video I linked he puts them back how they should be.

Also, if you're using a game like PCars 2 you have to re-do the in-game calibration.

Back