Thrustmaster T-GT Questions

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by s15specr, Dec 5, 2019.

1. s15specr

s15specr

Wagwan g's,

Im planning on getting myself my first wheel for PS4, a T-GT, to use with GT Sport which is the only racer i play but being a noob to wheels / sim rigs i have a couple of questions.

1. Does the H Shifter work in normal online lobbies for races & free runs? as far as im aware it doesn't for sport mode but im never on it so not much of a concern there

2. I love drifting and at some stage will be wanting a handbrake to add to the rig, will i have to use the TSS Sparco from Thrustmaster or can i use a cheaper model from a different make like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Handbrake-Professional-Gaming-Peripherals-FANATECOSW/dp/B07S1T292Y/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=thrustmaster%2Btss&qid=1575521908&s=videogames&sr=1-7&th=1

If i can use that one is there any adapters etc i would need to make it work?

While were on the subject of handbrakes does the game engage the clutch when the handbrake is applied like it does on a controller?

Cheers,

-Steven

2. Zipperface

Zipperface

Hi, just short awnsers to your two questions.

1. Yes. In online rooms h-shifter works with all cars on all tracks. In career/singleplayer i dont know- never touched it. With normal transmission you also have a working clutch. With racing transmission you can h-shift but clutch is deactivated. There are a few(2 i found so far)cars where clutch is working even with racing transmission.

In Sportsdmode the H-shifter is forbidden/deactivated. Only paddle shift without clutch works here.

2. Drivehub adapter is the answer if you want use hardware that is not supported natively by ps4:) But i dont know if that handbrake(your amazon link) works.

3. s15specr

s15specr

Thanks for the reply bud thats helpful :) ill look into the drivehub

4. s15specr

s15specr

Got another question if i was to just get the Thrustmaster TSS handbrake would i be able to connect it and a TH8A shifter to the T-GT or do i need the Thrustmaster hub for that?

5. WildRun

WildRun

On PS4 :
    * TH8A Shifter can be connected to the DIN port of the base or to the USB port of the PS4
    * TSS Handbrake must be connected to the DIN port of the base

So you can :
    * Plug directly the TH8 to the PS4
    * Plug the TSS Handbrake to the TGT Base.
    On so, in this case, you don't need the TM Sim Hub :tup:

6. s15specr

s15specr

Nice! saves me a few pennies thanks man :)

7. Hygrade B

Hygrade B

Hi

T300 questions how to I adjust the brake sensitive in the game.
    Like in F1 2019 you can change the brake sensitive or dead zone?

Is there a location? All I find is how to setup buttons.

8. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

Sorry mate, GT Sport doesn't let you change that. That's one of the things I don't like about it, the lack of any proper customisation. I'm experiencing this issue too, with the brake being too heavy.

Hygrade B and Sander 001 like this.
  9. Hygrade B

Hygrade B

It's like they work for one of the brake mod companies.

Thanks 4 reply

AfraidRacer likes this.