Thrustmaster T-GT Questions

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Wagwan g's,

Im planning on getting myself my first wheel for PS4, a T-GT, to use with GT Sport which is the only racer i play but being a noob to wheels / sim rigs i have a couple of questions.

1. Does the H Shifter work in normal online lobbies for races & free runs? as far as im aware it doesn't for sport mode but im never on it so not much of a concern there

2. I love drifting and at some stage will be wanting a handbrake to add to the rig, will i have to use the TSS Sparco from Thrustmaster or can i use a cheaper model from a different make like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Handbrake-Professional-Gaming-Peripherals-FANATECOSW/dp/B07S1T292Y/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=thrustmaster%2Btss&qid=1575521908&s=videogames&sr=1-7&th=1

If i can use that one is there any adapters etc i would need to make it work?

While were on the subject of handbrakes does the game engage the clutch when the handbrake is applied like it does on a controller?

Cheers,

-Steven

Hi, just short awnsers to your two questions.

1. Yes. In online rooms h-shifter works with all cars on all tracks. In career/singleplayer i dont know- never touched it. With normal transmission you also have a working clutch. With racing transmission you can h-shift but clutch is deactivated. There are a few(2 i found so far)cars where clutch is working even with racing transmission.

In Sportsdmode the H-shifter is forbidden/deactivated. Only paddle shift without clutch works here.

2. Drivehub adapter is the answer if you want use hardware that is not supported natively by ps4:) But i dont know if that handbrake(your amazon link) works.

Got another question if i was to just get the Thrustmaster TSS handbrake would i be able to connect it and a TH8A shifter to the T-GT or do i need the Thrustmaster hub for that?

Got another question if i was to just get the Thrustmaster TSS handbrake would i be able to connect it and a TH8A shifter to the T-GT or do i need the Thrustmaster hub for that?
On PS4 :
* TH8A Shifter can be connected to the DIN port of the base or to the USB port of the PS4
* TSS Handbrake must be connected to the DIN port of the base

So you can :
* Plug directly the TH8 to the PS4
* Plug the TSS Handbrake to the TGT Base.
On so, in this case, you don't need the TM Sim Hub 👍

On PS4 :
* TH8A Shifter can be connected to the DIN port of the base or to the USB port of the PS4
* TSS Handbrake must be connected to the DIN port of the base

So you can :
* Plug directly the TH8 to the PS4
* Plug the TSS Handbrake to the TGT Base.
On so, in this case, you don't need the TM Sim Hub 👍

Nice! saves me a few pennies thanks man :)

Hi

T300 questions how to I adjust the brake sensitive in the game.
Like in F1 2019 you can change the brake sensitive or dead zone?

Is there a location? All I find is how to setup buttons.

Hi

T300 questions how to I adjust the brake sensitive in the game.
Like in F1 2019 you can change the brake sensitive or dead zone?

Is there a location? All I find is how to setup buttons.
Sorry mate, GT Sport doesn't let you change that. That's one of the things I don't like about it, the lack of any proper customisation. I'm experiencing this issue too, with the brake being too heavy.

Sorry mate, GT Sport doesn't let you change that. That's one of the things I don't like about it, the lack of any proper customisation. I'm experiencing this issue too, with the brake being too heavy.

It's like they work for one of the brake mod companies.

Thanks 4 reply

Back