Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had this exact issue and what fixed it for me what installing a new 6 pin connector on the back of the wheel. I got the 6 pin connector from the TM website and had my buddy who is good with electronics install it, the wheel has been perfect since. Good luck!
I know exactly what you’re talking about… it’ll kick you into the PS cam/record menu also at times. It’s very annoying. I replaced my original T-GT rim (the left joystick was drifting), with a new wheel T-GT rim I bought on eBay about 2 years ago. It started acting up started a few months later, but I thought it was my power supply, or my base. It’s recently gotten worse, so a few days ago I swapped rims, and the problem went away.

So the culprit for me was the “new” replacement rim I bought on eBay. I don’t have a pc, only macs, but one day I may go over to my brothers house to finally update the wheel to see if it helps with the newer rim. I have the first T-GT btw.
Sorry I forgot to message you guys back after I read your comments a while ago. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

2 days ago I done what I did previously and removed the rim, put it back on, and used a non slip glove to hold the fastener as I tightened it as hard as I could, then put the bottom screw in as tight as I could too, except this time I pierced a new hole in the top and put another screw in and im glad to say after 2 days this issue has not happened once since :).

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon here but I have done pretty much everything under the sun that would have made it glitch out previously. It's nice being able to kick the clutch and get the back end out without having to worry about my wheel movements.

Cheers guys :cheers:

I have just received a T-GT II base and using it with the Sparco 310 wheel and T-LCM pedals.

Coming from the TS-XW base on an XBOX I find the force feedback in GT7 very disappointing compared to other experiences I have had with the TS-XW on an XBOX.
I am pretty sure it is not about the wheel as the TS-XW is basically the same hardware inside. The T-DFB is nice though.

I notice hardly any feedback when I drive over the curbs on GT7, and I was expecting a way stronger force feedback overall.

Is it like this or I am missing anything? My T-GT II is updated to firmware 10.

Thanx!

Might have something to do with the patch issues around GT7's (recently neutered) FFB? Over in the Fanatec thread they are turning it into a science to work around those but unlike them we don't have a setup menu in the wheelbase to work with.

I'm not on GT7 yet - still waiting out to see if that apparent cl*ster**** turns into something I'd like to pick up and play - but in GT Sport and ACC at least there's plenty of feedback and if you turn the FFB high enough then driving in those turns into a decent arm wrestling competition so I imagine you're not missing anything but that the game is broken in a way.

Last edited:
⬆️ Can concur it's not your wheel it's GT7. Crank everything up in GT7 sensitivity settings to get some of the ffb back till they fix the current polyphony bandaid.

If you have PS5 version of ACC or Wreckfest try that with your new wheel. It won't disappoint.

I just got the T-Gt 2 base in yesterday. I'm using it with an old 458 TX rim and T-lcm pedals. Coming from a T150 I was a bit disappointed as well at first and started to have some buyers remorse but the more I used it I started to notice that the wheel was much more accurate on turn in and stared to notice some detail I just wasn't getting with the T150 and started setting some new PB's. It's definitely not where it should be because of the update issues with GT7 though.

Don't get me wrong, I am having a great time with it but this is because I absolutely love GT. But I cannot stop thinking how much better it would be with better force feedback.

Let's see if they patch this properly. Finger crossed and waiting.

Also, I read they toned the FF down but they reverted with the last patch. Is it true or was it better on previous patches?

Also, I read they toned the FF down but they reverted with the last patch. Is it true or was it better on previous patches?
Originally the FFB was strong but lifeless, then they turned the strength down but increased the detail and dynamic range hugely, people complained about it not being strong enough so now we're back in square one. :ouch:

My TGT doesn't calibrate so it just repeats a cycle of turning fully clockwise and then very slowly spinning counter-clockwise repeatedly.

Can this be repaired?

This most likely is a hail mary, but still: does anyone know how the T-GT II works together with the 488 Challenge rim (the one only available with TS-PC) in GT7? Like, it works to my understanding, but how are the buttons mapped? The rotary dials would be the most interesting thing, but most likely too much to hope for for them to work for the HUD adjustments.

Sorry to mine this thread. I am thinking about upgrading my T300RS into something more advanced. I don't want to change pedal set and my th8a shifter, so I am sticking with the Thrustmaster wheels. Is it worth it to upgrade T300 into T-GT 2? I mainly play Gran Turismo (and some times ACC) so I am interested in this additional T-DFB effect.

I am considering buying T-GT 2 Pack. What do you think?
I don't plan to upgrade to Direct Drive wheels yet because I don't have option for standing sim rig, just using Wheel Stand Pro.

Sorry to mine this thread. I am thinking about upgrading my T300RS into something more advanced. I don't want to change pedal set and my th8a shifter, so I am sticking with the Thrustmaster wheels. Is it worth it to upgrade T300 into T-GT 2? I mainly play Gran Turismo (and some times ACC) so I am interested in this additional T-DFB effect.

I am considering buying T-GT 2 Pack. What do you think?
I don't plan to upgrade to Direct Drive wheels yet because I don't have option for standing sim rig, just using Wheel Stand Pro.
You won’t be disappointed in the TGT2. I have the TGT2 wheel and base and the TLCM pedals. Get the wheel and base if you can find them without the pedals they come with, and buy the TLCM pedals separately.

You won’t be disappointed in the TGT2. I have the TGT2 wheel and base and the TLCM pedals. Get the wheel and base if you can find them without the pedals they come with, and buy the TLCM pedals separately.
Maybe later. I have already T3PA pedals, and TLCM I am considering to upgrade at later date. :)

Hi, I'm in the same case, I've ordered a TGT2 in replacement of my T300, the wheel have a huge discount right now, and like you I already have other products from thrustmaster

I don't want to buy fanatec again, I had a bad experience with them and with my wheel stand a DD will be too powerful

The delivery is scheduled on Wednesday, I let you know

Last edited:
Hi, I'm in the same case, I've ordered a TGT2 in replacement of my T300, the wheel have a huge discount right now, and like you I already have other products from thrustmaster

I don't want to buy fanatec again, I had a bad experience with them and with my wheel stand a DD will be too powerful

The delivery is scheduled on Wednesday, I let you know

I’m very jelous now :D I am still waiting with buying it.

I will let you now, I've choose the TGT2 pack (servo + GT wheel), huge discount on amazon, I've find a refurbished one, so enven more interesting
I hope it will be a nice evolution over the T300

Last edited:
I can confirm, just installed it and update it, a quick run on GT7 on my favorite car on the nurb

Massive difference over the T300 in precision, feeling and dynamic, you can raise the torque and it still feel good

The T300 feel like dirty and clip over 3 in torque, lack nuances in FFB

I didn't explore the vibration fonction yet

One big drawback is the noise of the cooling system, a bit too loud for my taste

But so far great ! The GT wheel is awesome

Edit : I did some extra testing, I had a issue with my pedal calibration at first (just a mode to select), so I've try FM 2023, Pcars 2 , GT7, EA WRC and Forza horizon

I'm still pretty impressed, FM is really great with this wheel, maybe even more than GT7, GT7 is still great not so convinced by the vibration stuff, I didn't find the right setup ATM, PCARS 2 is transform as well

One thing for sure, I have to work my FFB setup again, this wheel is much more dynamic and you get so much more information, a real step up over T300

Love it, I'm sure a DD is even better, but with this beast I've got all the precision and power I need

Last edited:
Does the TGT 2 work on PS3?

I use the T300 sometimes I use it to play GT5 and GT6.

But it seems T300 is good for legacy titles and consoles like the Ps3. T300 is starting to show its life I do get loss of FFB.

But it seems the TGT2 is the perfect replacement for it but still enjoy playing on the Ps3.

Is it better to get a new T300 base or should I in the future opt with the TGT2 base?

Does the TGT 2 work on PS3?

I use the T300 sometimes I use it to play GT5 and GT6.

But it seems T300 is good for legacy titles and consoles like the Ps3. T300 is starting to show its life I do get loss of FFB.

But it seems the TGT2 is the perfect replacement for it but still enjoy playing on the Ps3.

Is it better to get a new T300 base or should I in the future opt with the TGT2 base?
I couldn't get my T-GT to work on PS3 so I doubt if the newer T-GT II will work. I'd be happy to be wrong though ;)

I couldn't get my T-GT to work on PS3 so I doubt if the newer T-GT II will work. I'd be happy to be wrong though ;)
T300 servo base goes for 400 while the TGT2 servo base goes for 600.

Decisions. Im just gonna wait for my T300 to go out before I buy a new servo base.

TGT2 is newer and better its really hard to decide.

T300 servo base goes for 400 while the TGT2 servo base goes for 600.

Decisions. Im just gonna wait for my T300 to go out before I buy a new servo base.

TGT2 is newer and better its really hard to decide.
I saw that price at The Gamesman. It's fairly heavily discounted (25%) at the moment so I know which one I'd be getting (hint: It ends in a 2 ;)). If it drops much lower I might even consider upgrading from my T-GT. You don't want to buy a fairly well used T-GT by any chance do you? :dopey::sly:;)

Maybe hang on to the T300 for the odd occasion you still want to fire up the PS3? I've still got my old faithful T500 (and a couple of sets of pedals) for those occasions when nostalgia hits me.

Last edited:
I saw that price at The Gamesman. It's fairly heavily discounted (25%) at the moment so I know which one I'd be getting (hint: It ends in a 2 ;)). If it drops much lower I might even consider upgrading from my T-GT. You don't want to buy a fairly well used T-GT by any chance do you? :dopey::sly:;)

Maybe hang on to the T300 for the odd occasion you still want to fire up the PS3? I've still got my old faithful T500 (and a couple of sets of pedals) for those occasions when nostalgia hits me.
got mine on amazon refurbish TGT2 pack (servo + GT wheel) for 460 euros, works like a charm just a minor scratch on the bottom, a big evolution over the T300

Im looking into upgrading but it seems the TGT2 is the way to go.

T300 I have actually I just figured out it wasnt the T300 it was the Ferrari 488 GT3 wheel since it came out new its not recognised properly unless an update or firmware happens. It seems to be a problem on GT7 as I tried the wheel on other racing games it seems to be fine the ffb comes great but on GT7 it feels like ice.

Im looking into upgrading but it seems the TGT2 is the way to go.

T300 I have actually I just figured out it wasnt the T300 it was the Ferrari 488 GT3 wheel since it came out new its not recognised properly unless an update or firmware happens. It seems to be a problem on GT7 as I tried the wheel on other racing games it seems to be fine the ffb comes great but on GT7 it feels like ice.
Now you've got me confused. Isn't the Ferrari 488 GT3 wheel an add-on that fits most of the wheel bases, the T300 included?

Could it be this Ferrari 488 GTB wheel? If it is then both the T300 and the T-GT 2 will be huge steps upwards, especially the T-GT 2.

If you really, really want PS3 compatibility the T300 would probably be the way for you to go as it's PS3, 4 and 5 compatible... but I personally would still go for the T-GT 2 if you want to stay in the Thrustmaster ecosystem.

Now you've got me confused. Isn't the Ferrari 488 GT3 wheel an add-on that fits most of the wheel bases, the T300 included?

Could it be this Ferrari 488 GTB wheel? If it is then both the T300 and the T-GT 2 will be huge steps upwards, especially the T-GT 2.

If you really, really want PS3 compatibility the T300 would probably be the way for you to go as it's PS3, 4 and 5 compatible... but I personally would still go for the T-GT 2 if you want to stay in the Thrustmaster ecosystem.
The 488 GT3 wheel add on not the 488 GTB wheel. I played GT7 with the wheel add on and I cant feel the ffb properly enough.

I think I could keep the t300 to play Ps3 and upgrade to the TGT2. I bought my t300 in early 2018 so its 5 years old. I feel like could get a good upgrade. DD wheel way off my budget plus Thrustmasters new DD wheels use new adaptors which means I cant use my old Wheel add ons.

I will keep the TGT2 in mind.

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to message you guys back after I read your comments a while ago. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

2 days ago I done what I did previously and removed the rim, put it back on, and used a non slip glove to hold the fastener as I tightened it as hard as I could, then put the bottom screw in as tight as I could too, except this time I pierced a new hole in the top and put another screw in and im glad to say after 2 days this issue has not happened once since :).

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon here but I have done pretty much everything under the sun that would have made it glitch out previously. It's nice being able to kick the clutch and get the back end out without having to worry about my wheel movements.

Cheers guys :cheers:
When you say you removed the rim do you mean the put wheel from the hub and what bottom screw do you mean please

When you say you removed the rim do you mean the put wheel from the hub and what bottom screw do you mean please
I'm pretty sure he removed the wheel by undoing the locking screw and the collar on the back of the wheel, then replaced it making sure the wheel was seated properly, the collar was tight and the locking screw was also done up tight.

I had an issue where my wheel was coming loose until I reseated the wheel and made sure these things were tight.

The screw would be the one in the collar where I've got the arrow pointing.

Thrustmaster-T-GT-Review-01.jpg

after 6 years of faithful service my TGT is giving me random button presses.In earlier days I know the solution was a firmware update. I was sure I was up to date but did it anyway. No change
I will open her up and give her a good(probably overdue) clean out. Any other suggestions are welcome

update, a little housecleaning and snugged up all the wee screws a couple o thou and all is well again

Last edited:
Back