Thrustmaster T150/TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheels

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 385 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria

There’s been rumors and images flying around now for a few months and now we have the Thrustmaster T150 Official Announcment !

There will be two version available, one that is a PS3 / PS4 branded rim and one that has Ferrari branding. The Ferrari branded rim will only be available in Europe . I’ll let their press release do the rest of the talking and here it is:

THRUSTMASTER T150 Force Feedback AND T150 Ferrari Wheel Force Feedback:
ADVANCED WHEELS WITH ALL THE FUN OF FORCE FEEDBACK,
OFFICIALLY LICENSED FOR PS3™ AND PS4™, AND PRICED AT LESS THAN €200 / $200!

London, September 3, 2015 — The T150 Force Feedback from Thrustmaster, like its Ferrari-licensed alter ego the T150 Ferrari Wheel Force Feedback, definitely delivers the goods when it comes to quality-price ratio and versatility. This versatility is reflected in the fact that not only do both wheels feature dual official licenses for both PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 and are also compatible with PC, they are also versatile enough to be used and appreciated by gamers of all levels – from beginners to experienced racers – and on all types of racing circuits.

Total versatility

The T150 Force Feedback and T150 Ferrari Wheel Force Feedback have been designed with total versatility in mind. This versatility starts with PlayStation®4-certified embedded software (allowing the wheels to be automatically recognized by the PS4™ console) and a built-in PS4™/PS3™ sliding switch, making it simple to instantly play on either of the two consoles for which the wheels are officially licensed. In addition, the wheels are also compatible with PC (Windows® 10/8/7/Vista/XP) thanks to the Thrustmaster drivers available for download from the http://ts.thrustmaster.com/ website: the drivers allow users to make sure that they always have the latest firmware version available for the racing wheels’ base and internal memory.

Another aspect of the wheels’ versatility is Force Feedback designed by Thrustmaster’s development teams to a high-performance standard for demanding racers, while remaining controllable for less experienced gamers as well. Both T150 editions are very aggressively priced at less than €200, and are the ideal wheels to accompany gamers through a progressive experience curve – during which time they can upgrade their setup by purchasing a T3PA or T3PA-PRO 3-pedal pedal set or the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, both of which the T150 wheels are compatible with.

The wheels’ rim has also been fully designed with versatility in mind for easy handling – at 11”/28 cm in diameter – and mastery of any type of circuit, car or racing style! An emphasis has been placed on ergonomic design, with quick and easy access to the 13 action buttons, the D-Pad, the official PlayStation®4 buttons, and the 2 large, 100% metal wheel-mounted sequential paddle shifters (5”/13 cm tall). The wheels’ grip surfaces are clad in textured rubber for maximum comfort. The included 2-pedal pedal set features an adjustable angle of inclination for each pedal, as well as progressive resistance on the brake pedal.

All of the ingredients for true performance

This versatility comes alongside some very impressive technical specs: 1080° Force Feedback featuring Immersion TouchSense® technology, rotation angle adjustable from 270° to 1080°, optical position reading with 12-bit resolution (4096 values on the wheel’s steering axis), mixed belt-pulley and gears transmission system, and metal ball-bearing axle. The end result is high-performance wheels that are both solidly-built and precise.

pictops3-ps4_3.png

PlayStation®4-certified embedded software and PS4™/PS3™ sliding switch

Official embedded software: the racing wheel is automatically recognized by the PS4™ console
Compatible in the console’s menus
PS4™/PS3™ sliding switch for optimal compatibility on both systems

forpc_65.png

Also compatible with PC

PC compatibility (Windows® 10/8/7/Vista/XP) ensured thanks to the Thrustmaster drivers available for download from the http://ts.thrustmaster.com/ website. The drivers allow you to make sure that you always have the latest firmware version available for the racing wheel’s base.

1080_3_0.png

1080° Force Feedback base featuring Immersion TouchSense® technology

Drive system with adjustable Force Feedback lets you feel every detail while you’re racing
(the road or track’s relief, loss of tire grip, braking, bumps and impacts, etc.).

Rotation angle adjustable from 270° to 1080°!

Very precise wheel: optical reading with 12-bit resolution
(i.e. 4,096 values on the wheel’s steering axis)

Mixed belt-pulley and gears system
Smoother, more fluid and less noisy than helical gears with metal ball-bearing axle (for enhanced sturdiness)

Internal memory and upgradeable firmware

Robust and versatile attachment system, compatible with all mounts (desks, tables, etc.)

realistic_28.png

Realistic wheel

Built-in official buttons for PlayStation®4 (PS/SHARE/OPTIONS)
Access social functions, switch between the game and the system,navigate through the console’s menus, etc.

11”/28 cm in diameter, with an ergonomic design perfectly adapted for all driving games(GT, F1, NASCAR, Rally, etc.)
Rubber-coated wheel grips

2 large, wheel-mounted sequential paddle shifters
5”/13 cm tall – 100% metal – Tact switch with life cycle exceeding 500,000 activations

Comprehensive driving gear
13 action buttons (including 2 on the base) + 1 D-Pad

pedales_94.png

Large, optimized pedal set

Pedals with wide foot rest
Each pedal’s angle of inclination can be adjusted
Brake pedal with progressive resistance

ecosystem_38.png

Ecosystem

Compatible with the T3PA* and T3PA-PRO* pedal sets (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-on)
Compatible with the Thrustmaster TH8A* shifter

*Sold separately

• The T150 Force Feedback will be available in October, at a suggested retail price of €199.99 (taxes included) and $199 in North America. TheT150 Ferrari Wheel Force Feedback version will be available at the same time and at the same price.
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t150-force-feedback

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t150-pro

11062713_734471570015862_1863707529261288030_n.jpg 11960262_734471546682531_1590954753660263723_n.jpg

Pedals upgrade:
T3PA
T3PA-PRO

Shifter upgrade:
TH8A Add-on Shifter
TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod(PC only)

Adapter:
Thrustmaster DB9 Pedals T.RJ12 Adapter -Makes your Thrusmaster T150 compatible with Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 Pedals

RICMOTECH HARD-MOUNT ADAPTER FOR T150 AND TMX WHEELS

Important:
CHECKING AND RESETTING THE RACING WHEEL'S CENTER VALUE

More useful information for Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback

More useful information for Thrusmaster T150 Ferrari Wheel Force Feedback

Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Wheel

tmxproduct-7.jpg

900.png

900° force feedback base

Drive system with adjustable force feedback lets you feel every detail while you’re racing
(the road or track’s relief, loss of tire grip, braking, bumps and impacts, etc.).
Rotation angle adjustable from 270° to 900°!
Very precise wheel: optical reading with 12-bit resolution
(i.e. 4,096 values on the wheel’s steering axis)
Mixed belt-pulley and gears system (smoother, more fluid and less noisy than helical gears)
with metal ball-bearing axle (for enhanced sturdiness)
Internal memory and upgradeable firmware
Robust and versatile attachment system, compatible with all mounts (desks, tables, etc.)
Compatible with the T3PA* and T3PA-PRO* pedal sets (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-on)
Compatible with the Thrustmaster TH8A* shifter

Immersion-ok.png

realistic_32.png

Realistic “competition” wheel design

11”/28 cm in diameter, with an ergonomic design perfectly adapted for all racing games(GT, F1, NASCAR, RALLY, etc.)
Rubber-coated wheel grips
2 large, wheel-mounted sequential paddle shifters
5”/13 cm tall – 100% metal – Tact switch with life cycle exceeding 500,000 activations
Built-in official buttons for Xbox One: Xbox Guide button, View and Menu
Switch between the game and the system, navigate through the system’s menus, access social functions, etc.
Comprehensive driving gear
12 action buttons + 1 directional pad

pictoxboxone_0.png

Xbox One certified embedded software

Official embedded software: the racing wheel is automatically recognized by the Xbox One
Compatible in the console’s menus
Compatible with all Xbox One racing games supporting racing wheels

caracteristiquedefauts_525.png

Also compatible with PC

PC compatibility (Windows 10/8/7/Vista) ensured thanks to the Thrustmaster drivers available for download from the http://ts.thrustmaster.com/ website. The drivers allow you to make sure that you always have the latest firmware version available for the racing wheel

pedales_95.png

Large, optimized pedal set

Pedals with wide foot rest
Each pedal’s angle of inclination can be adjusted
Brake pedal with progressive resistance

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/tmx-force-feedback

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/tmx-pro

Pedals upgrade:
T3PA
T3PA-PRO

Shifter upgrade:
TH8A Add-on Shifter
TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod(PC only)

Adapter:
Thrustmaster DB9 Pedals T.RJ12 Adapter -Makes your Thrusmaster TMX Force Feedback Wheel compatible with Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 Pedals

RICMOTECH HARD-MOUNT ADAPTER FOR T150 AND TMX WHEELS

Important:
CHECKING AND RESETTING THE RACING WHEEL'S CENTER VALUE

More useful information for Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback

тмх.png

Please feel free to ask any questions, share your experiences or any issues. If you want to recommend Thrustmaster T150/TMX Force Feedback Wheel to others or looking for alternative wheels, go to The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles.

Last edited:
I wonder how's the T150 compared to the Logi G27/G29? Because the images of the wheels looks like it's some cheap plastic wheel with 90° degree to the left and right and no force feed back...

...but those info makes me WOW...it looks like we've finally able to buy a wheel with force feedback and 1080° turning for a cheap price.

Mixed gears and belt-pulley sounds interesting. Even using MSRP (launch pricing) the €200 plus €100 for the T3PA gives you a combo which should probably be able to compete with the €400 MSRP G29.

However you look at this, it's a probable win for us consumers.

P.S. I love the text on the Thrustmaster site: "Mixed belt-pulley and gears system
Smoother, more fluid and less noisy than helical gears with metal ball-bearing axle (for enhanced sturdiness)"

Last edited:
P.S. I love the text on the Thrustmaster site: "Mixed belt-pulley and gears system
Smoother, more fluid and less noisy than helical gears with metal ball-bearing axle (for enhanced sturdiness)"
1.png

Last edited:
This would be a great set up since it also supports all the add-on wheels. Seems likely we'll be able to swap out to different pedal sets with adapters (or just getting the premium TM pedals), so this will make for an awesome setup for getting more into your virtual driving hobby. If these stock pedals are at least better than the DFGTs I think TM will have a winner on their hands.

This is filling a very important price point that's keeping a lot of people away from getting into sim racing. Looking forward to seeing its reception in the community once it's out there.

I love the fact that it can be used on the PS3 as well, potential future-proof GT wheel. Definitely getting this for my Sony driving. I already have a TX for the Xbone and everything is swappable with this new T150, have a Ricmotech adapter to use my G27 pedals with it too. I'm gonna have such a frankenstein setup xD

I wonder how's the T150 compared to the Logi G27/G29? Because the images of the wheels looks like it's some cheap plastic wheel with 90° degree to the left and right and no force feed back...

...but those info makes me WOW...it looks like we've finally able to buy a wheel with force feedback and 1080° turning for a cheap price.
I would be this is a not so direct DFGT competitor. And based on looks alone, I'd rather have the DFGT...

I would be this is a not so direct DFGT competitor. And based on looks alone, I'd rather have the DFGT...

On the ps4 there is no competition for this ugly wheel price range/feature wise. For PC yes basically a DFGT level, but this wheel can use a clutch and h pattern shifter.. Edit - wait that does not matter on PC sorry I forgot :dunce:.. Seriously though, why on earth did they go with that blue or red? Should have left the rim black.. that color design reflects low end wheels they should not be putting into people's minds when trying to sell a new product.

Oh and the paddles on the T150 (if they are anything like the T300) are miles better than the DFGT shift buttons.

Interesting choice... Which would you guys prefer?
- G29 and shifter for €460
- T150, T3PA and TH8A for €450

The T150 rim is clearly not as nice, but the TH8A shifter is top notch.

Don't you get pedals with the g29 for that price?

I would wait for some solid reviews on the quality of the T150 FFB.. it maybe better than the G29, it maybe worse. I wear gloves and care more about force dynamic and feel than the look and touch feel. I know others don't so it depends on the person.

Agree the TH8a is awesome - I love mine and how it does sequential mode. Better than the G27 shifter I have tried in the past.

Also (from reviews I have read) the G29 brake is often preferred over the conical brake mod in the T3PAs so there is that to consider as well..

Either way.. like you mentioned before, the competition it is good for the consumer

Last edited:
Great move by Thrustmaster. With the Ricmotech adapter, it's just $200 for G27 users to make the jump to PS4, and keep their pedals, as opposed to $400 if they go with Logitech. Wheel looks cheap, but if the FFB is better/more detailed, it means little to me. I'm sticking with my T300, but they have already made a future sale on a friend of mine who is willing to jump in at that price point. Will be interesting to see how many more will go that route as well.

Would the G27 pedals really work with this using an adapter?
Plus, will a G27 Shifter + Clutch pedal be able to work with it too?
Considering getting this to swap with my G27 wheel but keep the G27 shifter/pedals.

Would the G27 pedals really work with this using an adapter?
Plus, will a G27 Shifter + Clutch pedal be able to work with it too?
Considering getting this to swap with my G27 wheel but keep the G27 shifter/pedals.
You'd only be able to use T150 with G27 shifter on the PC, not on PS4.
There are two manufacturers of pedals adapters to use G25/27/29 pedals with Thrustmaster wheels. Since those adapters give you a standard Thrustmaster pedal plug and go directly into the wheelbase, the fact that the T150 supports T3PA/T3PA-Pro pedals means it will also support T500 pedals and anything using an adapter.

Quoting from the OP of the T300 thread on here:

I have got to say that the looks and colour schemes of these wheels really remind me of Logitech's Driving Force EX and Formula Force EX wheels.
drivingforceex.jpg

log-310x310.jpg

I have got to say that the looks and colour schemes of these wheels really remind me of Logitech's Driving Force EX and Formula Force EX wheels.
drivingforceex.jpg

log-310x310.jpg
That whats my mind was thinking when i saw the wheel.

The price point is the most interesting part of the wheel. But I need to see what the clamping system looks like so I can find out if it's compatible with my wheel stand.

More pictures, please :)

Boy I'm glad I didn't bit the bullet and ordered a T300 or G29 yet :lol: Patience is virtue after all ;)

The price makes it a real contender for my next wheel. There's just a few questions that I need answered so I'll wait for reviews first:

1) Is the FFB a step up from G27/G29? It would be amazing if it's on par with T300 but I doubt it.

2) Does Ricmotech adapter for Logitech pedals still work?

3) Build quality and reliability.

I'm not a fan of the blue/red colouring either, but if it ticks all the boxes above I'm willing to overlook it.

I hope G29 sales will bomb because of this so Logitech can finally get a wake up call.

i would guess its same clamping system as t300..most thrustmasters have same clamping system
similar but not identical. The T500 and T300 share the same screw thread and the plastic arm is the same, but the T500 clamp has thicker rubber on the feet (just like the T500 has thicker rubber underneath the base than the T300) and the handle to tighten the clamp is longer as well on the T500.

Back