Thrustmaster T180? Is it good?

• Thread starter slthree
  • 6 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
This question is probably covered somewhere but I am at a game stop right now and the only wheel they have is this one. This will be the first time I ever use a wheel but all the guys here have recommended for me to get one because I’ll enjoy the game so much more.

So, I’m wondering if this is an upscale wheel or a cheap wheel. What do you guys think?

I personally have a T150, and apart from it being a bit noisy when turning the wheel fast, it's great, solid FFB.

I would however, recommend getting the Logitech G29 (or G920 if you happen to have an xbox), it seems to have had it's price dropped quite a bit, so for only a bit more cash you can get what I've heard is a better wheel than the T150.

For sim racing, wheels with FFB are a necessity, I'm sure you should be able to find one of these I mentioned.

Sorry to all for for giving the wrong model number.

And, thank you for saving me from a mistake

Yes - save the money and put it towards a wheel with FFB (Force Feedback) such as a T150 or G29 - if you get a T150 look for the model with good quality pedals - it is only a little more and has a three pedal set instead of the basic model which has two very plasticky pedals.

I have two friends who have had Thrustmaster non FFB wheels - one used his extensively until one of the elastic bands snapped - they have a rubber band attached to each side of the mechanism which provides resistance to turning. The other friend tried his for a fortnight then in disgust put it in the loft - a little while later his wife gave it to a charity shop!

Go for the T150Pro... even if you don't use the clutch (clutch implementation is still a bit hinkey, anyway), the more durable, better sprung pedals are worth it, and the brake mod cone makes all the difference controlling brakes.

Coming from a DFGT in GT6 and being used to mostly hammering the no-feel brake pedal down to slow for corners, PC2's knife-edge brake response was my kryptonite until I installed that brake mod cone. It was a night and day adjustment, and now I can control lockup far better now.

Back