Thrustmaster T300 RS - Issues since 1.15 - Disregard - Thread already exists, Sorry

United States
United States
I just want to start a discussion and get some advice from others using this wheel. At least until PD fixes the issues created as a result of the 1.15 update.

My wheel would not work after the update until I did the following:
-I confirmed that I was on the latest firmware (v. 28)
-disconnected and powered down the wheel
-switched to PS4 mode while the wheel was off then powered back up then connected to the PS4 and powered up.
-made sure to use the stock PS specific wheel rim and pressed the "PS" button to get the console to recognize the wheel.

You see, I had been using the F1 Add-On rim prior to the update (I prefer it, personally) but it appears that I no longer have that option. I had tried to continue using the this rim after 1.15 but the console did not recognize the wheel at all. Even though it was calibrating when powered up and connected to the console. I looked up the Formula Add on rim's button layout on the Thrustmaster website (https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/)and it appears that it does not have a button mapped to the "PS" like the one on the DS4. However, my stock rim obviously has the button.

Problem is, now I have this totally different FFB feel to what I had when I was in PS3 mode using the F1 add-on. I can still drive and enjoy the game but I would love to go back to the way it was. Does anyone know if we will ever be able to utilize the T300 in PS3 mode with this game or do you think PD eliminated it for a reason.

BTW, that "loss of front end grip" vibration that wasn't present in PS3 mode on my wheel is annoying and does not seem realistic.

Let's discuss.

Back