Thrustmaster T300 Sequential Shifter Wiring

• Thread starter Gogga
  • 14 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Interested in buying this wheel soon and I came across this.

The T300RS has output wires in the front cover for a sequential shifter.
Blue wire is for UP shift, Grey for DOWN shift, Black is common Ground wire.

Hope this can help someone who is planning on using a sequential shifter with the wheel.
I would assume that the T300GTE wheel has the same wiring.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:
Well... i came across this crazy idea.

I'm thinking in openning my wheel and use one of this wires as a button to made a handbrake.
I know that on PC i can map it to make anything i want, handbrake included.
But anyone knows that if i can use it on the PS4?

Pretty sure the paddles on the base map the same as the paddles on the rim (buttons 1 and 2 IIRC) so you wouldn't be able to use your handbrake and your paddle shifters at the same time. When other people have done this, they tapped off of the L3 or R3 buttons on the base instead.

As for in PS4 games, it depends on the game I'd imagine. Some let you re-map the paddles, some don't.

If you plug a rim with paddles (e.g. GTE rim) onto the T500 base, the fixed paddles and rotating rim paddles map to the exact same functions. I assume these wires are there to allow you to fit fixed paddles, not to provide extra buttons.

There are however some really cool ghetto handbrake mods using the L3 and R3 buttons as Gunstar mentioned.

Those two wires are for a future static mounted paddle set like the T500rs has. I think they would do the same thing as the wheel paddles on consoles, but I have seen people use the static paddles for looking left and right then wheel paddles for shifting. The Th8a shifter on a PC can register all movement of the shifter stick, so I am sure a custom plate for the shifter would allow a semi realistic handbrake in the future.

Those two wires are for a future static mounted paddle set like the T500rs has. I think they would do the same thing as the wheel paddles on consoles, but I have seen people use the static paddles for looking left and right then wheel paddles for shifting. The Th8a shifter on a PC can register all movement of the shifter stick, so I am sure a custom plate for the shifter would allow a semi realistic handbrake in the future.
The TH8A has an analog handbrake mode, at least when used on the PC. You can use it like that with the stock H plate rotated 90 degrees, but indeed I believe there are custom plates being made. Wouldn't work on console, though, as far as I'm aware.

No one is making those plates right now, at least as far as I know. :(

You can just kinda turn the gate sideways, and it's pretty springy, but I would buy another shifter JUST to be a handbrake if someone was still making those plates with the spring like YipZone was.

I really hope, and am assuming, that the TX also has these wires. I am looking for a TX but want to be able to keep using my larger-rim T500RS GT rim with the static paddle shifters.

I really hope, and am assuming, that the TX also has these wires. I am looking for a TX but want to be able to keep using my larger-rim T500RS GT rim with the static paddle shifters.
there are photos of the TX with the case off posted online (I recall seeing them in a ISR forum post), but I don't think those shifter wires are present on the TX.

there are photos of the TX with the case off posted online (I recall seeing them in a ISR forum post), but I don't think those shifter wires are present on the TX.
That seems really odd considering everyone always says the TX and T300RS are literally identical units other than the console-specific stuff between them (mostly Microsoft stuff), and the different rims obviously...

Do you know if it happened to be a very early TX from when they first were released? Or was this a TX made recently within, let's say, the last 9 months or so?

I really don't want to have to resort to buying a T300RS, then buying a TX rim, then selling the T300RS rim, when I could just get it done in one shot and buy a TX base (I want the lighter rim of the TX over the nicer feel of the T300RS). On the other hand, I'm now starting to question what other internals mat be different between the TX and T300RS. Different cooling? Very, very, different spec motors (although advertised as the same motor)? Some slight differences in electronics which can affect motor output/FFB? Hmm...

There are shifter connectors inside the base of the T300/TX because they sell a T500 static paddle kit from Thrustmaster as an add-on to those wheels for those that prefer it or those that are using a T500 GT rim on a T300/TX.

This was the post I was thinking of, no cables shown in the TX front view:
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/13161-thrustmaster-tx-fan-replacement/
In fact the hole out of which the cables are run in the T300 doesn't exist on the TX.....

@Blkout does your TX have cables?

TX and T300 motor, power supply and internal structure seems effectively identical. The TX has a kinect sensor on top and they have PS4/Xbox One button differences on the base. The TX only spins 900 degrees compared to 1080 for the T300 which implies a revised configuration for the end stops and firmware at least. And of course the T300 comes with a heavier but sturdier stock rim.

This was the post I was thinking of, no cables shown in the TX front view:
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/13161-thrustmaster-tx-fan-replacement/
In fact the hole out of which the cables are run in the T300 doesn't exist on the TX.....

@Blkout does your TX have cables?

TX and T300 motor, power supply and internal structure seems effectively identical. The TX has a kinect sensor on top and they have PS4/Xbox One button differences on the base. The TX only spins 900 degrees compared to 1080 for the T300 which implies a revised configuration for the end stops and firmware at least. And of course the T300 comes with a heavier but sturdier stock rim.

You may be right Skazz, maybe I misread a while back. After just checking the TM website, it doesn't mention the static paddle kit add-on for the TX, but then again it doesn't mention that the TX is compatible with the T500rs rim and I know for a fact it is because I've ran mine with it.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition

ECOSYSTEM-READY
Compatible with other detachable Ferrari wheels already available on the market
(Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On**, Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On**, etc.)
Compatible with the T3PA** pedal set (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-on)
Compatible with the TH8A** shifter (Thrustmaster TH8 Add-on) featuring 8-speed or sequential gearbox

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t300rs

ECOSYSTEM
Compatible with all currently available detachable racing wheels
(Ferrari F1 Add-on**, Ferrari GTE Add-on**, T500 RS GT Wheel** and Base-Fixed Paddle Shifters kit**)
Compatible with the T3PA** (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-on) and the T500 RS pedal sets
Compatible with the TH8A** and TH8RS** gearboxes

The TX and T300 aren't totally the same either, as the TX is 900 degree and the T300 is 1080 degree. Maybe the T300 really is more of a T500/TX hybrid than just an PS4 version of the TX?

Back