Thrustmaster T300 vibration on turning issue

• Thread starter mrbeep
  • 19 comments
Poland
Poland
Hi guys,
I've recently installed GT7 and tried to play it with my Thrustmaster T300 wheel. When turning right or left, between 90-120 degrees the wheel vibrates awfully. I've never experienced that in any sim racing game, not to mention when driving in real car. Is it a bug or my wheel is broken?

I've tested few sims on my PC and it never happened, but only in GT7. It is similar in GTS, but it is very mild and I can live with that, but in GT7 it is killing the joy of driving. I tried all combinations of FFB settings and nothing helps. Lowering the force reduces the effect but it also reduces overall wheel feeling making it pointless too use. Do you have any ideas what to do?

I doubt It is how It Works. From what I've gathered from Youtubers, they even enjoy the current FFB.... If It was a awful vibration for every Wheel no one would like this

The games been designed to cause a vibration when the car understeers, I hate it as well but you can't turn it off so have to live with it.

Hi guys,
I've recently installed GT7 and tried to play it with my Thrustmaster T300 wheel. When turning right or left, between 90-120 degrees the wheel vibrates awfully. I've never experienced that in any sim racing game, not to mention when driving in real car. Is it a bug or my wheel is broken?

I've tested few sims on my PC and it never happened, but only in GT7. It is similar in GTS, but it is very mild and I can live with that, but in GT7 it is killing the joy of driving. I tried all combinations of FFB settings and nothing helps. Lowering the force reduces the effect but it also reduces overall wheel feeling making it pointless too use. Do you have any ideas what to do?
I also run with the T300 RS so I have a few questions?

When you set the wheel (and base) up using the Thrustmaster program, did you set for 540 degree spin?

What are your wheel settings in the game? I use 5, 5, and 8 with no issues.

Does it happen when you rotate to the left 270-240 degrees also?

I am not personally experiencing this every time BUT this sounds to me like FFB caused by wheel lock. Meaning you are turning the wheels OF THE CAR you are driving too much and the game is simulating severe rubbing or wheel slide.

If it too bad where you cannot drive try adjusting your settings to 5, 2, 2. This should limit the FFB of the wheel.

Let us know how things turn out. A few of us are running the T300 RS so we should be able to help you out.

I also run with the T300 RS so I have a few questions?

When you set the wheel (and base) up using the Thrustmaster program, did you set for 540 degree spin?

What are your wheel settings in the game? I use 5, 5, and 8 with no issues.

Does it happen when you rotate to the left 270-240 degrees also?

I am not personally experiencing this every time BUT this sounds to me like FFB caused by wheel lock. Meaning you are turning the wheels OF THE CAR you are driving too much and the game is simulating severe rubbing or wheel slide.

If it too bad where you cannot drive try adjusting your settings to 5, 2, 2. This should limit the FFB of the wheel.

Let us know how things turn out. A few of us are running the T300 RS so we should be able to help you out.
Hi Timm, I've tried all possible FFB settings, PS3/PS4 modes and different rotation locks. I always drive with maximum rotation lock as this allows to match the rotation of the wheel with the wheel on screen. So when I turn my wheel between 90-120 it is not at full lock and this is when the vibration occurs. The vibration is less noticeable at 3/1 FFB setting but still is and feels off and bad. I wonder how it is with other Thrustmaster wheels and others like Fanatec or Logitech?

The games been designed to cause a vibration when the car understeers, I hate it as well but you can't turn it off so have to live with it.
Only games that do that are GT games. This does not happen with other titles and this happen when the car is turning not understeering.

The only wheel I've used for GT7 (and GTS) is a T300 and that doesn't happen to me. Even when you get the understeer warning, it's not too noticeable. I vary between 2/2 and 5/5 depending on the car.

Hi guys,

That’s the wheel telling you that you’re turning the wheel too far and scrubbing your front tires, or understeering, it will go light if you scrub them too hard and loose front end grip completely.

Last edited:
That’s the wheel telling you that you’re turning the wheel too far and scrubbing your front tires, or understeering, it will go light if you scrub them too hard and loose front end grip completely.
DualSense does the same, but cant go as extrem as the wheel, for one because its rumble just is weaker, and also because the controller hidden assist will try to prevent the worst.
But you can actually tell the difference between cars, noticeably.

@mrbeep mine does exactly the same. Absolutely horrible vibration whenever the car understeers a little. It's a pretty early model t300 & I have tried gt7 on 2 of my friends ps5's with their t300 and it didn't do the same so not sure really... And I know the game has a bit of understeer vibration, and I race a car IRL which mainly understeers so know how it's meant to feel and this aint it.. literally you can hear it buzzing from other floors it goes through the floor lol
In fact it does it on gt sport too, but could get around it by using ps3 mode on the wheel & having a controller connected at the same time. on gt7 you can't do this to get around it.
hope they patch it but I've mentioned it loads since launch and nothings happened about it

GT Sport does it as well as GT7, it's unrealistic, but GT's way of indicating that you're understeering.

Yes, it's counter to actual vehicle and tyre dynamics, but PD seems determined to keep it in place.

GT Sport does it as well as GT7, it's unrealistic, but GT's way of indicating that you're understeering.

Yes, it's counter to actual vehicle and tyre dynamics, but PD seems determined to keep it in place.
It seems to only be super bad on some wheels though, like my t300 does it awfully, but the 2 newer t300's I've tried it on do not do this. Honestly the wheel sounds like it's gonna break when it does it, I'll hop on and get a recording of it

It seems to only be super bad on some wheels though, like my t300 does it awfully, but the 2 newer t300's I've tried it on do not do this. Honestly the wheel sounds like it's gonna break when it does it, I'll hop on and get a recording of it
That may be firmware related in terms of the wheels, rather than how new the wheels are.

That may be firmware related in terms of the wheels, rather than how new the wheels are.
They were all running the most up to date firmware, I have been updating mine whenever a new revision comes out to see if it fixed this issue. potentially a hardware difference like a different vibration motor? Not sure.

So interestingly it's not as bad on update 1.43..
It's still doing it, but only when riding the grip limit rather than before it would do it constantly and much more aggressively than this no matter if it was understeering or oversteering, now it seems to do it at only 30-50% the strength it did before and only on the limit, if adding more lock to make it understeer more or oversteer it goes light and doesn't vibrate.. something has changed on this patch. Also before the vibration was very high pitch and hollow sounding now is a bit deeper.. still not particularly pleasant to drive, especially in 4wd cars that ride that limit, or accurate either to how cars generally understeer/slide but at least it's not sounding like the wheels going to catch fire 😂

for reference

So interestingly it's not as bad on update 1.43..
It's still doing it, but only when riding the grip limit rather than before it would do it constantly and much more aggressively than this no matter if it was understeering or oversteering, now it seems to do it at only 30-50% the strength it did before and only on the limit, if adding more lock to make it understeer more or oversteer it goes light and doesn't vibrate.. something has changed on this patch. Also before the vibration was very high pitch and hollow sounding now is a bit deeper.. still not particularly pleasant to drive, especially in 4wd cars that ride that limit, or accurate either to how cars generally understeer/slide but at least it's not sounding like the wheels going to catch fire 😂

for reference

Not sure what is going on but the wheel is being turned way too far for that turn BUT it seems to have no impact on your car's turning. I would say odd. Yep mine doesn't act like that.

Not sure what is going on but the wheel is being turned way too far for that turn BUT it seems to have no impact on your car's turning. I would say odd. Yep mine doesn't act like that.
Yeah was making it understeer on purpose to show that sound :)

Back