Thrustmaster T300RS Base issues?

• Thread starter laettis
  • 6 comments
Norway
Norway
Hey guys,

Invested a solid $2200 for a complete rig including Buttkicker.(which unfortunately has to stay turned off as I got complaint from neighbours the first day!)

Everything works as smooth as silk but I feel there is something wrong where the base connects to my Alcantara wheel. The part where the wheel is connected is also the part which I seem to be able to "pull out" toward myself....it doesn't feel right. Is this supposed to be like this? I know I am not supposed to pull the wheel towards myself but when driving aggressively I sometimes do and can immediately feel the wheel coming "outwards". It's actually the socket that the wheel is connected in to that can be pulled out quite easily.

Didn't know what to look for so I apologize if I have created a thread that already has an answer.

Thx.

Hey guys,

Invested a solid $2200 for a complete rig including Buttkicker.(which unfortunately has to stay turned off as I got complaint from neighbours the first day!)

Everything works as smooth as silk but I feel there is something wrong where the base connects to my Alcantara wheel. The part where the wheel is connected is also the part which I seem to be able to "pull out" toward myself....it doesn't feel right. Is this supposed to be like this? I know I am not supposed to pull the wheel towards myself but when driving aggressively I sometimes do and can immediately feel the wheel coming "outwards". It's actually the socket that the wheel is connected in to that can be pulled out quite easily.

Didn't know what to look for so I apologize if I have created a thread that already has an answer.

Thx.

I have had a T300 for multiple years now and that does not sound normal at all. - Oddly if the large plastic retaining nut that holds the rim to the base is loose and you can pull it towards yourself, I would think it would come disconnected and the buttons would not work.

I would remove the rim and see if the .. lets call it the X shaped rim mount point , is movable with your hands by pushing and pulling. It really should not move in and out much if at all. Of course the large plastic retaining nut will spin and move in and out though.

If it seems to not move, remount the rim and make sure you get it well seated and the large plastic retaining nut down pretty tight before using the little set screw to hold it in place. I hold the rim with one hand and the plastic retaining nut with the other to get it nice and snug.

I have had a T300 for multiple years now and that does not sound normal at all. - Oddly if the large plastic retaining nut that holds the rim to the base is loose and you can pull it towards yourself, I would think it would come disconnected and the buttons would not work.

I would remove the rim and see if the .. lets call it the X shaped rim mount point , is movable with your hands by pushing and pulling. It really should not move in and out much if at all. Of course the large plastic retaining nut will spin and move in and out though.

If it seems to not move, remount the rim and make sure you get it well seated and the large plastic retaining nut down pretty tight before using the little set screw to hold it in place. I hold the rim with one hand and the plastic retaining nut with the other to get it nice and snug.

Thx man! Seems I made a mistake during installing as I didn't screw the connecting nut completely on the wheel as that created a gap of about an inch where the wheel could be pulled out and back in! All sorted now

Well, I won't make new thread about this, because it doesn't make any sense but my T300 RS GT bought a month ago drives me nuts. I'm quite big guy and need a lot of FFB to feel comfortable enough to drive. First used deufalt FFB 6 in GT Sport but soon it became not enough, When set FFB to 8 during the race strength of FFB constanyl decreased. And it repeated everytime during longer races of 15-30 min duration. Tried to race with FFB set to 10 and same stuff been going on. Looked in instruction and found out that thermostate regulates FFB due to temperature of device. And now it become worse T300RS just started to shut down - during the race steering wheel shuts down and I got notification from PS4 that device is disconnected. When FFB was set to 10 after some time it happened every 10 minutes. When device shuts down it turns on automaticaly after another 5-10 minutes. When decreased FFB to 6 now it shuts down once a day, approximately after 40 minutes of race. WTF?! Any ideas? Updater firmawe and turned forced cooling on.

Well, I won't make new thread about this, because it doesn't make any sense but my T300 RS GT bought a month ago drives me nuts. I'm quite big guy and need a lot of FFB to feel comfortable enough to drive. First used deufalt FFB 6 in GT Sport but soon it became not enough, When set FFB to 8 during the race strength of FFB constanyl decreased. And it repeated everytime during longer races of 15-30 min duration. Tried to race with FFB set to 10 and same stuff been going on. Looked in instruction and found out that thermostate regulates FFB due to temperature of device. And now it become worse T300RS just started to shut down - during the race steering wheel shuts down and I got notification from PS4 that device is disconnected. When FFB was set to 10 after some time it happened every 10 minutes. When device shuts down it turns on automaticaly after another 5-10 minutes. When decreased FFB to 6 now it shuts down once a day, approximately after 40 minutes of race. WTF?! Any ideas? Updater firmawe and turned forced cooling on.

The T300 is just not meant to run at that high of a force for that long. I am not sure if your's is defective or not but mine would do the same thing if I ran FFB that high.

In all honesty - FFB Max Torque at 3-4 with FFB sensitivity set to 8-10 is rather close to the real thing in amount of required force to turn the wheel. These modern race cars have electronic power steering and are not difficult to turn. Even many older cars are very easy to turn at speed (like when racing)

What car do you drive on the road? Is it not easy to turn with a few fingers?

You have two options:
1-Cooling mod which will improve the cooling, but will void the warranty.
2-Send it back and buy T-GT which is more powerful and with better cooling.

Daily I drive BMW E65 745D model but the point is that anything lower than FFB Max Torque level 6 feel just too light and 6 is acceptable. Well, I set FFB Max Torque to 6 and Sensitivity to 8 and testing it now. But documented malfunction thou and I will send it back because it seems broken.

Back