Thrustmaster t300rs gt wheel problems

United States
United States
So this has never caused me any issues until I started playing GT7 on PS5. I have no brake pedal. The firmware is up to date. V34. I hooked it up to pc and in calibration I get nothing when I press the brake pedal. Clutch and accelerator work fine. I opened the pedal box and switched the clutch and brake with one another. Still no brake and accelerator /clutch work fine.

Any suggestions?

So this has never caused me any issues until I started playing GT7 on PS5. I have no brake pedal. The firmware is up to date. V34. I hooked it up to pc and in calibration I get nothing when I press the brake pedal. Clutch and accelerator work fine. I opened the pedal box and switched the clutch and brake with one another. Still no brake and accelerator /clutch work fine.

Any suggestions?
They are sending me the pcb board That the three pedals plug into. Hopefully that’s the fix. I’m feeling pretty confident that’s the problems seeing that a working pedal won’t work if plugged into the brake port and the original brake will work if plugged into accelerator or clutch.

They are sending me the pcb board That the three pedals plug into. Hopefully that’s the fix. I’m feeling pretty confident that’s the problems seeing that a working pedal won’t work if plugged into the brake port and the original brake will work if plugged into accelerator or clutch.
Well I changed the board and still the same results, no brake pedal. If Thrustmaster equipment really this bad or am just having bad luck?

I suppose there's a chance they've sent you a faulty control board but it's unlikely. Do you know anyone with the same wheel to try their working pedals on your wheel base?

I suppose there's a chance they've sent you a faulty control board but it's unlikely. Do you know anyone with the same wheel to try their working pedals on your wheel base?
No I don’t, I’m assuming the pedals connect to another board of some type in the wheel base. I can’t imagine the little 1inch board in the pedal base controls everything. To my unprofessional eye, that board is just a connector for the three pedals and then goes to another boards in the wheel base. Not sure when to call it quits and find another wheel

It probably just controls the potentiometer but I've not had mine apart to see how they're built yet.

It seems like you can rule the PCB out so maybe try replacing the potentiometer? I've never done it myself or know if soldering is involved but it might be worth a shot.

It probably just controls the potentiometer but I've not had mine apart to see how they're built yet.

It seems like you can rule the PCB out so maybe try replacing the potentiometer? I've never done it myself or know if soldering is involved but it might be worth a shot.
I don’t think that is it because all the pedals work except when plugged into brake. I move the brake wire to clutch or gas, works fine. Move working gas to brake and it won’t work.

Well I changed the board and still the same results, no brake pedal. If Thrustmaster equipment really this bad or am just having bad luck?
It really is that bad in my experience. I got rid of my Thrustmaster and went back to playing on a pad. Would only use something better if I ever go back to a wheel.

I don’t think that is it because all the pedals work except when plugged into brake. I move the brake wire to clutch or gas, works fine. Move working gas to brake and it won’t work.
Ah OK. I shouldn't have suggested it before asking if you were still under warranty, anyway. If you are, I guess it's your only recourse.

On the brand, they seem to be a lot better than they used to be with reliability but as you've seen, someone usually gets unlucky.

Ah OK. I shouldn't have suggested it before asking if you were still under warranty, anyway. If you are, I guess it's your only recourse.

On the brand, they seem to be a lot better than they used to be with reliability but as you've seen, someone usually gets unlucky.
If I decide to get a new wheel… g29?, t248? Any suggestions?

They might feel like a decent step down from your T300 but they can still get the job done. Whether you could accept it after using your T300 is another matter. I upgraded a G29 for a T300 and wouldn't want to go back to it. Not that it's bad, it's just the T300 is a hell of a lot smoother and can sustain the feedback longer.

If your budget can stretch to it, a Fanatec DD Pro is a no brainer. Similar money to a TGT but vastly superior. If not, you should be able to pick another T300 up for around £250 used. On PlayStation and pc, it's above the T150, 923 and G29 but falls short of a TGT 1 and 2.

If I decide to get a new wheel… g29?, t248? Any suggestions?
Have you ever just tried new pedals? Just order the great T-LCM from Amazon or another seller with a right of return and test them... If the problem persists, it's actually the Wheelbase.

As far as I can tell, the G29, G329, T248 are all inferior to the T300 in terms of performance. So the only way left is "upwards", i.e. the T-GT II or, even better, the DD Pro from Fanatec.

I use the T248+T-LCM myself, but am very happy with it. However, I know that a DD pro with LC pedal is probably worlds superior to the T248.

Back