Thrustmaster T300RS with T3PA Pedals

• Thread starter cjhill44
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently purchased a Thrustmaster T300RS which came with T3PA pedals.

The wheel works great and I have had no problem with it.

I have had issues however with the firmware.

Whenever I switch the PC on it recognises the wheel as simply a 'Thrustmaster FFB Wheel'
I googled the issue as you do and tried the bootloader method here. http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/t300rs/t300rs_bootloader_method.pdf

This worked the first time I did it but hasn't worked since. The only way I can get the PC to recognise the wheel now is to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in. Then it shows up in game controllers as 'Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel'. This is so annoying to have to do every time I want to use it, let alone the damage it might be doing to the wheel.

Yes I have it set to PS3 mode and tried all the obvious solutions etc

Has anyone had a similar issue and found a fix?

I believe this could also be causing a weird issue with my accelerator pedal. Sometimes it seems completely dead as the firmware shows no input when the throttle is fully depressed and won't work in any game, other times the bar will show 50% input. I thought it was a potentiometer issue but not so sure now as the whole set is only 1 week old and had been fine until it started playing up this afternoon. When the issue occurs it feels like i have about a 40% deadzone on the pedal. It's fine now but sometimes PC restarts tend to cause an issue for it when other times it is fine, which is why I am not convinced it is a potentiometer issue.

Once again, any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated

Test it on another PC/laptop to rule out your PC as the issue. If it does not work properly on another PC then just send the lot back for replacement.

Thanks, Oddly enough it seems to be detecting the firmware if I plug the USB cable into a USB 2.0 slot!

The issue with the gas pedal still persists however. Have phoned Thrustmaster who are sending me some instructions to test the pedals but I doubt if it's something I haven't already tried.

Thanks, Oddly enough it seems to be detecting the firmware if I plug the USB cable into a USB 2.0 slot!
I don't know why would you ever not plug USB 2.0 device to USB 2.0 port. That's the reason every computer still has 2.0 ports even if it supports 3.0+. It's not like the wheel is going to work faster, if you use 3+ port. :lol:

Back