Thrustmaster T3PA Pedal Issue

• Thread starter PozzaP87
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All

Been having some issues with my T3PA pedals over the last few weeks and wondering if anyone has any advice?

Basically in any racing game, even with the accelerator pushed firmly down i am only getting around 50% input in a game with the occasional spike up to around 90%. I've tested this in F1 2018, PC2 and GTS and all demonstrate the same (annoying) behaviour.

Current set up is a PS4 Pro, T150 Thrustmaster Wheel Base with the T3PA pedals add on.

Has anyone had this problem and rectified it?

I have looked on YouTube for some fixes and even after attempting those it hasn't solved the issue, so i am not sure if its the pedals giving up and time to buy a new set?

I cleaned pots in my pro pedals ages ago, made no difference,but ended up shelving my pedals and got fanatec, pits are pathetic in the Thrustmaster ones, very cheap.

Open up the pedal base and clean the potentiometers. No need to strip it all down - you can get to the potentiometers easily.

You need to buy some contact cleaner: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KPUBO2S/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

It needs to be squirted into the housings for the potentiometers and then you move the pedals through their full travel. Repeat several times. The potentiometers may look like they are sealed units but they are not - you can find a hole or two which will let you get the fluid inside.

Open up the pedal base and clean the potentiometers. No need to strip it all down - you can get to the potentiometers easily.

You need to buy some contact cleaner: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KPUBO2S/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

It needs to be squirted into the housings for the potentiometers and then you move the pedals through their full travel. Repeat several times. The potentiometers may look like they are sealed units but they are not - you can find a hole or two which will let you get the fluid inside.

I did that when I had mine and it made no difference whatsoever, it is a shame that no one has been able to source better aftermarket pots elsewhere

Thanks for the replies.

@Daz555 - Cleaning them seems to have solved the issue. Having cleaned them, I got in several hours over the weekend and didn't have any problems whatsoever!

@decks01 - Where on the Thrustmaster site can I order these? Would be good to have some spare.

Back