• Thread starter The Cake
  • 5 comments

The Cake

(Banned)
Norway
Norway
CakaCool
Hello guys.

A couple of weeks ago my accelerator pedal "broke". When I was accelerating I could not stay on 100% all the time, something is broken so the accelerator was going up and down while I had maximum accelerator. So I made the pedals into f1 style, in other words, old accelerator is now clutch and clutch is accelerator. After some time I think the brake pedal is way too stiff, my left knee cant handle that brake pressure for endurance racing. Any know how to soften up the brake pedal?

Is it possible to make the clutch pedal into brake pedal? I know I cant do that in gt sport. But in settings on the ps4 it is possible to map buttons, I checked it out yesterday. But what is the button the clutch?

Is it the conical brake mod that is too stiff? How close is the mod to the brake pedal? Moving it further out might help. Or maybe remove it completely. Another option might be to get a softer conical brake mod from bbj sim racing.

Hello guys.

A couple of weeks ago my accelerator pedal "broke". When I was accelerating I could not stay on 100% all the time, something is broken so the accelerator was going up and down while I had maximum accelerator. So I made the pedals into f1 style, in other words, old accelerator is now clutch and clutch is accelerator. After some time I think the brake pedal is way too stiff, my left knee cant handle that brake pressure for endurance racing. Any know how to soften up the brake pedal?

Is it possible to make the clutch pedal into brake pedal? I know I cant do that in gt sport. But in settings on the ps4 it is possible to map buttons, I checked it out yesterday. But what is the button the clutch?
Regarding your original issue, did you try cleaning the accelerator potentiometer?

Check this video to see if it's similar to your issue.

If it is similar then you could just clean your pedals out and return them to their original position, as it could be that the different pedal angle is what's making it feel harder to press.

To clean them you could try to squirt canned air and/or electrical contact cleaner down into the potentiometer before going to the full extent of the videos below.

Regarding your original issue, did you try cleaning the accelerator potentiometer?

Check this video to see if it's similar to your issue.

If it is similar then you could just clean your pedals out and return them to their original position, as it could be that the different pedal angle is what's making it feel harder to press.

To clean them you could try to squirt canned air and/or electrical contact cleaner down into the potentiometer before going to the full extent of the videos below.

its the thrustmaster t3pa pro that i have, sorry. But yes, its the same problem that it is in the video above. Did not try to clean, only with air. Im not sure if I have the brake mod, havent installed it my self, but maybe the guy i bought it from did.

The pic below from the T3PA Pro manual shows how to adjust the brake mods. Its possible you have the spring mod or the rubber conical mod installed. The brake can also be used without them installed, but would be very light.

Screenshot_20190617-091935_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20190617-091947_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20190617-091956_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20190617-092006_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Back