Thrustmaster T500 rs Why cannot support on PS5 and GT7?

• Thread starter LOW
  • 5 comments

LOW

Japan
Japan
Thrustmaster T500 rs Why cannot support on PS5 ? and GT7, I bought it in the hope that I can use it in the future, but the cheaper steering wheel can used?I was a fool?Should the system be upgraded? I bought it before hoping to play for a long time, but now I find that the cheap steering wheel can be used on PS5, but the expensive T500 can't! I have become a fool!

Due to Sony demanding licensing fees from wheel manufacturers, only a small set of wheels are compatible with the PS4/PS5. It's not about how expensive the wheel is.

The t500 is pretty old, I think it was released in 2010/2011 with gt5.
Ps4 and ps5 require controllers with encryption keys from sony ("security chip") and the t500rs doesn't have it and it can't be added.
One workaround could be to use additional hardware like drivehub to make the t500rs work with ps4 and ps5.

LOW
Thrustmaster T500 rs Why cannot support on PS5 ?
It's not officially supported on PS4 either, therefore is not supported on PS5.

As for the why... 🤷‍♂️

The t500 is pretty old, I think it was released in 2010/2011 with gt5.
Ps4 and ps5 require controllers with encryption keys from sony ("security chip") and the t500rs doesn't have it and it can't be added.
One workaround could be to use additional hardware like drivehub to make the t500rs work with ps4 and ps5

what is the hardware name?

Back