Thrustmaster T500 RS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter counter345
  • 11 comments
  • 6,846 views
Messages
664
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
counter345
Okay, after many months of saving, I finally have enough for it, but before I buy it, I have a few questions to people who own/have owned this wheel.

1. How do you clamp it? Can you clamp it on a straight sheet of metal, or does it require holes?

2. How do you set it up? Is it just plug'N'play for GT5, or do you have to do anything first?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
I dont have it but I know that it has a clamp and that apparently its very good.
 
Okay, after many months of saving, I finally have enough for it, but before I buy it, I have a few questions to people who own/have owned this wheel.

1. How do you clamp it? Can you clamp it on a straight sheet of metal, or does it require holes?

2. How do you set it up? Is it just plug'N'play for GT5, or do you have to do anything first?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try typing "Thrustmaster T500RS Manual" into an internet search engine, you'll find a .pdf copy of the manual which should answer your questions :) (Edit) (pages 8 & 9 should answer both your questions)
 
Last edited:
Okay, after many months of saving, I finally have enough for it, but before I buy it, I have a few questions to people who own/have owned this wheel.

1. How do you clamp it? Can you clamp it on a straight sheet of metal, or does it require holes?

2. How do you set it up? Is it just plug'N'play for GT5, or do you have to do anything first?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1. clamping it to a desk, a metal sheet is easy with the clamp. or you can hard mount.

2. it's plug and play to ps3. simple. although you may wish to customize/remap the buttons -> options in GT5 menu. also you may want to updtae to latest firmware, but you need to do via pc, which is straightforward tbh
 
Few more things:

Thrustmaster has PC drivers for the thing, and it makes a VERY nice wheel for iRacing, among others.

While it has a (really good) clamp, the bolt holes on the bottom of the wheel for hard-mounting it are identical in positioning to the G25/27. So any stand made for them will work nicely for this one as well. The bolt holes are also the same thread pitch and size as the Logitech wheels.

The bolt pattern on the bottom of the pedals DOES NOT match up with the G25/27. So you need to get creative there for any stands made for Logitech pedals. (nothing $2 in hardware from Lowe's wont fix)
 
Few more things:


the bolt holes on the bottom of the wheel for hard-mounting it are identical in positioning to the G25/27.

no they aren't, they are wider apart. i had to drill new holes on my gamepod
 
1. clamping it to a desk, a metal sheet is easy with the clamp. or you can hard mount.

2. it's plug and play to ps3. simple. although you may wish to customize/remap the buttons -> options in GT5 menu. also you may want to updtae to latest firmware, but you need to do via pc, which is straightforward tbh

This has been my experience. It comes with a really great clamp. for now I just have it clamped to a fairly large desk I have until I get a wheel stand
 
It comes with a really great clamp.
Really. It´s more stable than the Logitech wheels one, and much more than the Fanatec wheels clamp system. By contrast, is more uncomfortable for the legs.
 
Really. It´s more stable than the Logitech wheels one, and much more than the Fanatec wheels clamp system. By contrast, is more uncomfortable for the legs.

Hmm I believe it depends on where you actually clamp the wheel - it a desk or proper stand?
 
Hmm I believe it depends on where you actually clamp the wheel - it a desk or proper stand?
Not, but to fix in a desk, the T500 RS clamp system is actually the most stable.
 
The clamp system is very good on the t500. I have it mounted with the clamp system on the rennsport wheel stand and its as stable as my hard mounted fanatec wheel on the same stand.
 
Back