Thrustmaster TH8RS Detected as Sequential Only

• Thread starter panjandrum
  • 1 comments
Uruguay
Uruguay
So, after a long overdue full clean install of Windows 10, my trusty TH8RS is detected only as a sequential shifter. Gotta be something pretty simply I'm missing as to the setup. Clean Win10, fresh drivers, firmware up to date. Shifter is detected, but Thrustmaster control panels detect it as Sequential and will not allow me to select or calibrate gated-shifter mode.

Anyone got any ideas?

On a side-note, AC and PCars 2 look great on the Pimax 5K Plus. AC looks better and runs better overall, but PCars 2 has much better environmental eye-candy of course.

OK, in case this happens to anyone else, here is the hopeful solution:

Under the gated-shifter plate there is a tiny little switch that is pushed when the sequential plate is installed (something I've never used, so I didn't know this switch was there). It's an absolutely tiny momentary switch, so it won't stay "flipped" it has to have pressure on it for it to flip. I don't know exactly what happened, maybe just years of dust, but somehow that switch was in "sequential mode" even without the sequential plate installed. I basically took the shifter apart and fiddled-with (and cleaned) it, and as soon as I got to the switch and flicked it a few times with a little plastic spudger it started working normally again. In theory a little electronics-safe grease would be a good idea, but "if it's not broken don't fix it", so I just put it back together. Looking good so far.

Latest Posts

Back