Thrustmaster TMX/TS-XW

• Thread starter MrBlue3
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking to upgrade my Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback with a TS-XW. Has anyone upgraded from a TMX to TS-XW and is this a worthwhile upgrade or is there not much difference between the two?

The TMX/T150 is a entry level FFB wheel (2Nm)
The TX/T300 is a Mid level FFB wheel (4Nm)
The TS-XW/TS-PC/T-GT are high end FFB wheels (6Nm)

As far as I'm aware the only non DD (20Nm) base/wheel stronger than the TS-XW/TS-PC/T-GT base is the Fanatec Clubsport (8Nm). (I think the elite is (6Nm) on par with them but can't be to sure)

Give or take .1 or 2 here or there for the Nm, I just rounded them off.

So to answer your question, yes the TS-XW will be a big leap from your TMX.

Look here.

https://simracingsetup.com/product-guides/ultimate-sim-racing-wheel-comparison/

I'm also thinking about the TS-XW but only the base £350 as I already have pedals and wheel from my TX.

Failing that I might go straight for the Clubsport setup £700+ :(

Last edited:
The TMX/T150 is a entry level FFB wheel (2Nm)
The TX/T300 is a Mid level FFB wheel (4Nm)
The TS-XW/TS-PC/T-GT are high end FFB wheels (6Nm)

As far as I'm aware the only non DD (20Nm) base/wheel stronger than the TS-XW/TS-PC/T-GT base is the Fanatec Clubsport (8Nm). (I think the elite is (6Nm) on par with them but can't be to sure)

Give or take .1 or 2 here or there for the Nm, I just rounded them off.

So to answer your question, yes the TS-XW will be a big leap from your TMX.

Look here.

https://simracingsetup.com/product-guides/ultimate-sim-racing-wheel-comparison/

I'm also thinking about the TS-XW but only the base £350 as I already have pedals and wheel from my TX.

Failing that I might go straight for the Clubsport setup £700+ :(

Thank you, that was just the information that I was looking for. I think that would be a good step up versus cost. I think I will pair it with a set of T-LCM pedals and that will be good. Both for around £550.

I also looked at Fanatec and looked at the CSW v2.5, with wheel and V3 pedals, but you are looking at over £1000 and now with the EU import taxes etc, its even more expensive. Where its difficult is that if you spend that kind of money, then you are into the cheaper DD wheels such as SIMAGIC M10 and the Sim-plicity, so do you go with the expensive Fanatec non-DD or the cheap end DD. Before you know it, you are spending £2k on a setup based around the Podium DD1. Maybe if the cost of the CSW v2.5 wasn't made more expensive with the new taxes, then maybe I would have gone down that route, but, I think the TS-XW and T-LCM will be good enough for me.

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.

Hi All,

Looking to upgrade my Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback with a TS-XW. Has anyone upgraded from a TMX to TS-XW and is this a worthwhile upgrade or is there not much difference between the two?
I just got the TS-XW also got the T-LCM pedals I was looking at the Fanatec CLS-elite and the CLS-elite pedals but I have dogs that shed a lot so I wanted the magnetic gas and clutch. What I like about the TS-XW base is that it as an all metal base that the CLS elite dose not have and the FFB is the same on both of them. Thrustmaster wheels are a lot cheaper to buy than Fanatec and they all come from China. I bought the kit that has the Sparco 310 wheel. I feel the road and other FFB that I did not get with my G920

I just got the TS-XW also got the T-LCM pedals I was looking at the Fanatec CLS-elite and the CLS-elite pedals but I have dogs that shed a lot so I wanted the magnetic gas and clutch. What I like about the TS-XW base is that it as an all metal base that the CLS elite dose not have and the FFB is the same on both of them. Thrustmaster wheels are a lot cheaper to buy than Fanatec and they all come from China. I bought the kit that has the Sparco 310 wheel. I feel the road and other FFB that I did not get with my G920

That's great, thanks. I am looking to order mine this week. I think I would go for the Thrustmaster TS-XW over the Elite, its when you get up to the Clubsport range that the Fanatec starts getting good, but then its also a lot more expensive. You say you went for the Sparco 310 Wheel kit, did you manage to get that with the T-LCM pedals as every kit I have seen has the T3PA-3 pedal set? Or did you buy them separately?

That's great, thanks. I am looking to order mine this week. I think I would go for the Thrustmaster TS-XW over the Elite, its when you get up to the Clubsport range that the Fanatec starts getting good, but then its also a lot more expensive. You say you went for the Sparco 310 Wheel kit, did you manage to get that with the T-LCM pedals as every kit I have seen has the T3PA-3 pedal set? Or did you buy them separately?
I bought the T-LCM pedals separately also bought the Thrustmaster shifter. I know the shifter is not built as good as the Fanatec shifter but it was also 100.00 cheaper. I have a friend who has the CLS elite and the FFB in the TS-XW feels about the same. I just like the fact that the TS-XW has a metal base. and maybe a little quieter in the fan noise. I like the magnetics in the gas and ciutch pedals

Back