Thrustmaster TS500 Owners Only

• Thread starter IamWSPro
  • 11 comments
United States
Columbus Ohio
TheOptimusKnight
Have any of you tried to adjust the degree angle by plugging your wheel in to a computer downloading the Drivers and then calibrate the wheel?

If so I was wondering what degree any of you are using. With the default level on the PS3 at Times I have to hand over fist turn this wheel through a corner. I was wondering if anyone has tried to adjust the degree to a point where the can get a full turn but not have to cross over.

If you have experimented with diff degrees what was your sweet spot.

Thank you all again in advance.

Might get a better response here, they might even have discussed it, I'm not sure.

Just as a slightly OT because I use a dfgt... But... I don't see any benefit in running anything other than 900. I have the most control, and the most fun at 900.

Might get a better response here, they might even have discussed it, I'm not sure.

Just as a slightly OT because I use a dfgt... But... I don't see any benefit in running anything other than 900. I have the most control, and the most fun at 900.
Great I will throw it over there as well.

My big concern is that if teh PS3 Drivers utilize that wheels 1080p' function that I could scale it back down to 900. But when I put it in computer it was already set at 900 as default.

Not sure of the conversion from PC to PS3

Already i don't know what your talking about lol.

Does the T500 do 1080 degrees?

In certain cars(Redbull, karts) my dfgt automatically has less lock(some sort of hardcore resistance long before I'm at the full rotation that the wheel is capable of).

Maybe it is similar?

Already i don't know what your talking about lol.

Does the T500 do 1080 degrees?

In certain cars(Redbull, karts) my dfgt automatically has less lock(some sort of hardcore resistance long before I'm at the full rotation that the wheel is capable of).

Maybe it is similar?
Yes it does have that full range. Ive only had 900' prior to this one. I love the wheel its belt driven so it is extremely quiet and the peddles seem to be literally out of a race car. The peddles are 15 pound by them self and can be inverted. It is by far the most robust wheel Ive ever owned. (G25&27, Logitech FF Pro, Fanatic, MS Xbox 360 Wireless to name a few)

It's that the normal one not the RS?

I've seen the normal one for 160 or so, might be a nice step up from the dfgt. Not paying RS prices though!

It's that the normal one not the RS?

I've seen the normal one for 160 or so, might be a nice step up from the dfgt. Not paying RS prices though!
It is the RS. Yea I got an amazing deal on one and thats the only way I have one. A Misprint in a local add. It was still double what ive spent on a G25 or 27. But I sold all my other wheels to help cover.

Have any of you tried to adjust the degree angle by plugging your wheel in to a computer downloading the Drivers and then calibrate the wheel?

If so I was wondering what degree any of you are using. With the default level on the PS3 at Times I have to hand over fist turn this wheel through a corner. I was wondering if anyone has tried to adjust the degree to a point where the can get a full turn but not have to cross over.

If you have experimented with diff degrees what was your sweet spot.

Thank you all again in advance.
The calibration that you would do on a PC is generally software only. Unless I've underestimated TM and their wheel. Your PS3 isn't going to care what you have calibrated your PC settings to. If you're dialing it in for PC sim racing then by all means carry on but if you're looking to change settings on the PC and then move it to your PS3 you'll be rather disappointed in the waste of time and effort.

This is from T500RS_PS3_Rotation_Angle.pdf which can be found at Thrustmaster's support site:

Instructions on how to manually change the wheel's angle of rotation on PlayStation®3 in Force Feedback games.

-Requires firmware V40 or higher-

The T500 RS racing wheel and the relevant SDK (Software Development Kit) are issued to major PlayStation®3 game development studios to ensure full compatibility with forthcoming releases.

The T500 RS SDK enables PlayStation®3 game development teams to configure and manage Force Feedback effects.
The SDK includes the ability to adjust the wheel's angle of rotation from 40 to 1080°.
Individual development teams are therefore able to adjust and define whee l rotation angles according to their own preferences.
The wheel automatically adjusts to choices made by development teams. However, it is also possible to manually change the angle of rotation selected by default.

To do so, simultaneously press (and release):
-> “D-Pad Right” + “MODE button” to increase the angle of rotation by one step
-> “D-Pad Left” + “MODE button” to decrease the angle of rotation by one step

5 possible settings
ANGLE OF ROTATION selected LED status
270° ------------------------- Flashes 1 time
360° ------------------------- Flashes 2 times
540° ------------------------- Flashes 3 times
900° ------------------------- Flashes 4 times
1080° ------------------------ Flashes 5 times
270° ------------------------- Flashes 1 time
Etc… Etc…

Notes:
- Changing the angle of rotation manually does not permanently save the change = you must repeat the procedure each time the game restarts.

- This tip will not function properly in some games (such as GRAN TURISMO® 5) which adjust or modify the angle of rotation at startup or at the restart of each race, according to the type of car being used.

I've bolded the note about Gran Turismo 5. It says it wouldn't work in GT5 and I assume that neither it would in GT6. I own a T500RS but never tried to change the angle of rotation from default (900º).

Cheers,
S.

This is from T500RS_PS3_Rotation_Angle.pdf which can be found at Thrustmaster's support site:

I've bolded the note about Gran Turismo 5. It says it wouldn't work in GT5 and I assume that neither it would in GT6. I own a T500RS but never tried to change the angle of rotation from default (900º).

Cheers,
S.
I'm only driving GT6 right now and I can confirm that default is 1080' and this D Pad and mode button press changes the degree on the fly. You do have to do it literally before each race. So in practice mode if the default 1080 is not enough rotation (ie. London race track) you can literally take your foot of the gas press the Correct D Pad direction and mode button look at the # of flashes of the LED and you are instantly in that degree of turning. I changed from 1080 to 900 last night in this way on the London track and had a much better way of driving. I did not have to hand over fist in any of the turns once I made the change. NOW!!!! Remember when the race actually starts you will need to do it again to get it to your 900 that you just changed in practice mode. It goes back to its default. But there is typically enough time in the beginning of a race you can to this quick button press combo to get the desired degree. I've actually changed it in a long straight away during a race. This is an amazing feature that allows you to see what degree works best for you in any given track. I think I like it better than being able to "lock" in a default degree. Just another reason in my opinion that the Ts500 is a wheel all others would want to be. Not to mention how quiet it is because it's belt driven.

About the default angle, I am in GT6 now as well, with the Shelby Cobra 427 at the Nordschleiffe, time trial in single player mode (Arcade). With the car stopped, I can turn the wheel one full turn and a quarter (360º+90º) to either side, with the car wheels turning, then I reach the lock, that makes 450º+450º=900º. I can force the wheel to turn a further 90º to either side, but that's forcing the FFB lock, and the car wheels stop turning at 450º to either side, this can be seen by setting the chase cam view and holding the rear view button. As I said, I have never changed it from default. Also, the online info from the seasonal laps lists my entries as "900º Steering Controller".

About how the wheel works, I agree absolutey, for me it's wonderful, although I can't really compare it to others 👍

Back