Thrustmaster TX issues

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 11 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
My Thrustmaster has been doing some strange things in FM6. I dont have any of these issues in PCars or FM5 or FH2 so I think its just with this game.

-At any random time my wheel thinks its a game pad. Meaning my paddle shifters or clutch doesn't work. But I can change gears and use the clutch with the buttons on the wheel. I can unplug the wheel and plut it back in and sometimes it will reset and work and sometimes it wont.

-While driving and I turn into a corner the wheel FFB will feel like it sticks to one side and its pretty hard to correct. I dont know if its a tuning issue or what but the result will be alot of oversteer since I cant turn the car back in the right direction.

My settings are normal steering, no assits and have the wheel at 900%. My FFB strenght is 100 and I like it that way and dont think that is my problem.

If anyone else is having these problems let me know or not I might have to do something else with my settings....Thanx

I too have had strange behaviour from my TX wheel with FM6.

I've experienced the FFB becoming heavy on one side that you described.

Sometimes when changing gears, the FFB jerks the wheel to the left.

The rumble effects that communicate the edge of grip sometimes stop working.

I have found that pressing the Home button, then returning back to the game restores normal functionality.

Im having the same problems, however iv just found this
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst41352_Thrustmaster-TX-problems.aspx

Seems lots of guys are having trouble, but in the last comment, Mr Snowowl says you need to use the usb ports on the back of the xbone, and not turn on the xbone with a controller. Im still testin to see if it works, havnt had those issues yet after i rebooted, but only been playing for 20mins since reboot.

Edit. Nope didnt help problem is still there :(

Last edited:
I found that going into the wheel settings and finding a button layout for the wheel seems to work. I even think the default layout is correct but when in and found one and haven't had a issue in a few days now

Keeping an eye on this thread and TX/FM6 related posts as planned to go for TX with 599XX wheel rim myself.

Ive noticed Thrustmaster usually quite active on their Facebook page so reporting your issues on their guys may be recommended if bugs/issues continue.

Ok my control layout on my wheel has been fine for the last couple of days, UNTIL I plugged my headset into my gamepad for voice chat. I have a set of headphones that I use for the game but I don't always plug them into my controller unless I want to chat. So I went to wheel options and it comes up with the default layout and I hit my A button to accept and everything went back to normal....weird

New 599xx Button Layout.
Look forward to any of you guys getting...
96Vxhq5.jpg

@Mr Latte I have been kicking the idea around about getting a replacement wheel to get a better feel of it, but cant find any good review of add on wheels.

I've been using the wheel that came with my PS4 Thrustmaster 300RS and its hands down much better than the 458 TX wheel. It feels much more realistic and less like a toy. I'll probably pick up the 599XX rim in the future (official release date is Sept. 30th) since it's slightly larger than any rim Thrustmaster currently offers.

In a way, I'm glad I'm not the only one that experienced the thing pulling left, as it means it's not a defect in my wheel, but it sucks that it means lots of people are having problems. I've been worried about it on occasion until now.

I changend from a Fanatec (PS3/xb360/PC) to the TX Racing (XBone/PC) and while using it, I completely changed my mind about it... at first it felt like a plastic toy but now its behavior feels so much better than the Fanatec.

I'm using it with the 900° setting in Forza 6 and discovered it makes a difference if you switch on the console with the wheelbase ... Forcefeedback is a lot softer and the general handling is better.

First I used it with the rubber wheel an used to have black fingers after an evening of playing.
I changed to the leather-add-on which in general doesn't feel bad, but the seam on the thumbrest is a little unconvinient.

I recently added the H-shifter and the pro pedals which added another heap of realism,
but I think I'm ganna skip the 599XX wheel ... even if it's bigger and even if the Alcantara might feel better.

Forgot to mention: the directional buttons on my leather wheel didn't work well... I sanded down the frame of the cross-button from the backside and added two layers of ducttape to the foam of the actual 4 buttons ... now it works like a charm

Last edited:
Back