Thruxton Circuit - Hampshire, England

United Kingdom
Pompey
CyKosis1973
Am I missing something? Has nobody mentioned Thruxton yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thruxton_Circuit

Have to say, I really enjoyed the kart track. Not driven on the one above, got a house to build before I can justify forking out on a few hot laps around there :sly:

http://www.thruxtonkarting.co.uk/

Home-Main.jpg

Yes great circuit. Can't believe there's not more "likes".

It's plenty big enough for multi-car grids...

thrux4_9fy5_0.jpg

And your right @CyKosis1973 the Kart track looks superb! If I can't have the full track, I'll just have this. :D (Perhaps there should be another thread?)

thrux1.jpg

Last edited:
Man all you guys are lucky to have local road curses near you to go to. The closest I have is Waterford Hills which is terribly out of date, is paved worse than the street roads (in Michigan that's a statement), and is narrower than the Nurburgring. All those little oval track over here don't cut it, I'm left looking forward to the Belle Isle GP over here!

Yes great circuit. Can't believe there's not more "likes".
It's plenty big enough for multi-car grids...
And your right @CyKosis1973 the Kart track looks superb! If I can't have the full track, I'll just have this. :D (Perhaps there should be another thread?)
More than enough room, it's a regular diary entry for many racing events 👍

I've just had to pass up an opportunity to go karting there again, got too much stress going on to feel safe enough doing 55mph with my arse 2" off the ground :sly:
Man all you guys are lucky to have local road curses near you to go to. The closest I have is Waterford Hills which is terribly out of date, is paved worse than the street roads (in Michigan that's a statement), and is narrower than the Nurburgring. All those little oval track over here don't cut it, I'm left looking forward to the Belle Isle GP over here!
"Local" in the UK and in the US are two very differnt things. Thruxton is still an hours drive from me :mischievous:

{Cy}

"Local" in the UK and in the US are two very differnt things. Thruxton is still an hours drive from me :mischievous:

Hey that's still not bad, Mid-Ohio is my closest really permanent road course and its a little over 3 hours!... Though come to think of it... you've just inspired me to take a day trip! :cheers:

Hey that's still not bad, Mid-Ohio is my closest really permanent road course and its a little over 3 hours!... Though come to think of it... you've just inspired me to take a day trip! :cheers:
Three hours is nothing, man, get yourself down to that track :sly:

{Cy}

I love this track. It's fast and flowing and it's only a 40 minute drive away. Sadly ever been there yet. Been to Brands though.

Back